GaryC

Clinton's Hostile Preschool Takeover

149 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
One flat tax.

X% on every dollar earned above poverty line.

Period.

No exemptions, no write offs, no loopholes, no nothing.

No other tax either.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Bite me. I like to dream every now and then.

i'd agree to that as long as there was even a token tax on those below poverty, if even as low as $10.
No probs.
the reason for that is (as previously mentioned on another thread tonight) a girl i was dating who lived in arkansas made 7k a year. had eic and so on.....and got back a whopping check at tax time. what is not considered is she lived rent free in her mom's second house, so that 7k + free rent = more than poverty line. oh and she got free medical from the state ;)

Don't have to tell me. I see them ladies with $200.00 hair do and $50.00 nail job pay their groceries with food stamps to then take them to daddy who's waiting in his pimped up ride out in the parking lot. Pisses me off every time I see it. And I see it more frequently than I care to.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a girl i was dating who lived in arkansas made 7k a year. had eic and so on.....and got back a whopping check at tax time. what is not considered is she lived rent free in her mom's second house, so that 7k + free rent = more than poverty line.

Her rent not being factored into her income is a problem; she's practically a dependent of her mother still, then. I'm not sure if there'd be anything relevant in the federal code, and I know nothing of Arkansas' state code. If there's not, there probably ought be. That's the problem, federal and state governments really ought factor COL (Cost of Living) into their equations less often than gross income.

Also, I'd hardly call the EIC "whopping."

One flat tax.

Period.

No other tax either.

i can agree w/ that except the above poverty line part. maybe a much smaller percentage. but no free rides.
It's a free ride for everyone, though. If the poverty line was, say 10K and you made 100K, then you'd be taxed on 90K. So, nobody would pay on that first 10K. Seems fair to me.
i don't see how no taxes & no taxes on 10 percent is a free ride for everyone

Everyone has a free ride on 10K. Why is that so hard to understand?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It's a free ride for everyone, though. If the poverty line was, say 10K and you made 100K, then you'd be taxed on 90K. So, nobody would pay on that first 10K. Seems fair to me.

10,210 for 1 person......13690 for 2.

and i paid more than that in taxes in 05 - about 1 out of every 3 to some sort of tax! :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

One flat tax.

Period.

No other tax either.

i can agree w/ that except the above poverty line part. maybe a much smaller percentage. but no free rides.
i don't see how no taxes & no taxes on 10 percent is a free ride for everyone

Everyone has a free ride on 10K. Why is that so hard to understand?

because the guy making 100k is paying taxes on 90 percent of his income & the guy only making 10k isn't paying anything.

remember the guy in the pimped out ride...which group is he in?

Edited by smoke20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
a girl i was dating who lived in arkansas made 7k a year. had eic and so on.....and got back a whopping check at tax time. what is not considered is she lived rent free in her mom's second house, so that 7k + free rent = more than poverty line.

Her rent not being factored into her income is a problem; she's practically a dependent of her mother still, then. I'm not sure if there'd be anything relevant in the federal code, and I know nothing of Arkansas' state code. If there's not, there probably ought be. That's the problem, federal and state governments really ought factor COL (Cost of Living) into their equations less often than gross income.

Also, I'd hardly call the EIC "whopping."

it's whopping when it along with other deductions gives her a tax refund of almost 5k!

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Don't have to tell me. I see them ladies with $200.00 hair do and $50.00 nail job pay their groceries with food stamps to then take them to daddy who's waiting in his pimped up ride out in the parking lot. Pisses me off every time I see it. And I see it more frequently than I care to.

I share your disdain for cultures with no sense of responsibility and individuals who exploit the system, but to alter the system in hopes of affecting those exploitative individuals in a way that adversely affects the genuine working poor and lower-middle class isn't fair. No more fair than it is that the upper-middle class is now seeing adverse effects from an AMT whose purpose was to affect those who exploit loopholes.

If you feel the need to be taken care of, please send all your money to my paypal account. I will be glad to take care of you the way I see fit. Lets start our own VJ healthcare plan!Just a measly 20% of your pay comes to me and I will definately take care of you. :devil:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
The libs want the government to take over every aspect of our lives

You've got your tin-foil hat on too tight there, methinks.

I can see your another lib that when faced with the truth he just starts rationalizing.

And I can see that you're a fringe laissez-faire right-winger whose ideas aren't even embraced by our nation's Republican Party. You could be a more Ayn Rand-leaning Libertarian type, but that'd depend on where you stand with regard to government intervention in social issues.

And did you seriously just use the word "rationalize" as if it were a bad thing? My sincere apologies for conforming to reason.

Do you seriously not know that Gary was properly using that term, and that in that context it is a bad thing?

ra·tion·al·ize [ ráshən'l z, ráshnə lz ] (past and past participle ra·tion·al·ized, present participle ra·tion·al·iz·ing, 3rd person present singular ra·tion·al·iz·es)

verb

Definition:

1. transitive and intransitive verb offer reasonable explanation for something: to attempt to justify behavior normally considered irrational or unacceptable by offering an apparently reasonable explanation

2. transitive verb make something rational: to make something rational, logical, or consistent

3. transitive verb interpret something rationally: to interpret something from a rational or logical perspective

4. transitive verb mathematics eliminate irrational numbers from something: to eliminate irrational numbers from an expression or an equation

5. transitive and intransitive verb U.K. make something more efficient and profitable: to make a business or operation more efficient and profitable, e.g. by reducing the work force

ra·tion·al·iz·a·ble adjective

ra·tion·al·iz·er noun

And if Gary's views are not embraced by today's Republican Party, it is because the Reps have abandoned their core limited-government principles.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

it's whopping when it exceeds the taxes you'd normally pay.

The EIC is a measure against poverty, in addition to its design of eliminating the taxes paid by the poor. It was never intended to be solely a dollar-per-dollar tax refund, nor has either party ever portrayed it as such.

It'd be completely unecessary were the minimum wage pegged to the federal poverty line, granted.

it's whopping when it along with other deductions gives her a tax refund of almost 5k!

We've already established that your ex-girlfriend was seriously abusing the system courtesy her mother's property. It shouldn'tve happened, but she shouldn't be used as the model example when discussing taxation.

Do you seriously not know that Gary was properly using that term, and that in that context it is a bad thing?

I see that he intended an insult, yes, so I applied a different meaning. Pardon me if I don't laugh at Gary's knee-jerk rhetoric or portrayal of rational discourse as "unacceptable," Scott.

Edited by Longview

One flat tax.

Period.

No other tax either.

YEAH!!!! Found something else to agree on!!

it's whopping when it exceeds the taxes you'd normally pay.

The EIC is a measure against poverty, in addition to its design of eliminating the taxes paid by the poor. It was never intended to be solely a dollar-per-dollar tax refund, nor has either party ever portrayed it as such.

It'd be completely unecessary were the minimum wage pegged to the federal poverty line, granted.

The POOR do not pay taxes my freind.

Edited by CarolsMarc

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Workers, including the working poor, have income tax deducted from every single paycheck just like everyone else, friend.

The FlatTax is another proposal neither major party, Republican or Democrat, widely* supports. Just for reference.

* I believe Democratic presidential candidate Mike Gravel supports a flat tax, along with many Libertarian-leaning Republicans, though.

Edited by Longview

Workers, including the working poor, have income tax deducted from every single paycheck just like everyone else, friend.

The FlatTax is another proposal neither major party, Republican or Democrat, widely* supports. Just for reference.

* I believe Democratic presidential candidate Mike Gravel supports a flat tax, along with many Libertarian-leaning Republicans, though.

Check the tax tables! they dont pay squat! All the while collecting the bennies!

― Andrew Wilkow

Check the tax tables! they dont pay squat! All the while collecting the bennies!

Every single employee in America (barring undocumented/illegal workers) has income tax deducted from their paycheck. Yes, they're fully refunded come filing, but their wages are taxed initially (the revenue is required to run the budget during the fiscal year).

The poor do pay taxes. How much they're refunded/EIC'ed come filing is another matter altogether.

Edited by Longview