Mirella PS

RFE I864 - not sure what's the mistake

6 posts in this topic

I was in the US with a F1 visa (under OPT) and got married to a USC

I sent my AOS on Jan 20th and got RFE for form I864 (joint sponsor) 

My husband doesn't meet poverty guidelines as a sponsor so we added a joint sponsor who meets way above poverty guideline, we sent in her social security, w2 forms, tax transcripts, employment letter, pay slips and birth certificate - the only thing we did not send are her 1099s.

I received the RFE on Feb 7th  and those are the bulletin points (documents to submit)

* complete and sign 864

*joint sponsor social security 

*complete and correctly calculated household size 

*complete copy of federal tax return 

*joint's sponsor status 

I am just unsure what else I need to submit from the moment that we sent everything that is required, is this a mistake on their hand or am I missing something?

Also is it true you only have 1 try for RFE and they might deny your case?

24 minutes ago, Mirella PS said:

My husband doesn't meet poverty guidelines as a sponsor so we added a joint sponsor who meets way above poverty guideline

Did you submit your husband's signed I-864 and supporting financial documents as well?

21 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Did you submit your husband's signed I-864 and supporting financial documents as well?

Yes we submitted the same documents as well, we submitted the 864 completed and signed, tax returns, w2 forms and  employment letter and pay slips

thats why I am unsure of what they need more, the only thing we didn’t submit from my joint sponsor are her 1099s

1 minute ago, Mirella PS said:

the only thing we didn’t submit from my joint sponsor are her 1099s

If you submitted both the IRS tax transcripts and the W2s, then the RFE could be USCIS insisting you comply with the I-864 instructions on page 8 -- https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

"If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income."

2 hours ago, Chancy said:

If you submitted both the IRS tax transcripts and the W2s, then the RFE could be USCIS insisting you comply with the I-864 instructions on page 8 -- https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

"If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income."

We put down 1 for household size from the moment she lives by herself 

Were we supposed to put 2 bc she is sponsoring me?
This is the only other error we are thinking of 

19 minutes ago, Mirella PS said:

We put down 1 for household size from the moment she lives by herself 

Were we supposed to put 2 bc she is sponsoring me?

Should be 2.  Sponsor's household + intending immigrant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.