Marinpink510

When I will Get Notification for Oath Ceremony

45 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 2/6/2023 at 12:46 PM, Marinpink510 said:

Good afternoon everyone, I am new in this forum and I find this group very helpful. I had my Naturalization interview last January 26, 2023 in USCIS Detroit and passed everything, Civics test, reading and writing, including all the questions from my I-751 and N400 forms. The officer was very nice and after my interview she handed me a paper form N652 saying that “Congratulations! Your application is recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you established your eligibility for Naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony. My question is did I really passed? It makes me worried coz its been more than a week now and my status online still says “Interview Was Scheduled” few people get their status change few hours after their interview and get scheduled for Oath. I wonder when I will get my Oath get scheduled. Are there any people here with the same situation as mine? Any responses is highly appreciated and thank you! 

Me same day same office and still waiting do u.     Have any update 

3 hours ago, Romeo211 said:

Me same day same office and still waiting do u.     Have any update 

Hi there, did you mean you had interview on Jan. 26 too? Mine, no update, my status got stuck to “Interview was Scheduled”, although my I-751 got approved 2 weeks ago and that is one step closer. I remember though, the officer told me that it takes some time for those who lives way further from Detroit area to schedule Oath. This waiting game is frustrating. But I guess we will just have to wait. Hopefully we will get our Oath soon. Keep me posted.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there I was interviewed for my N - 400 February 2, 2023 and the USCIS officer told me after my interview that they will approved my I -751 at the same time. Had my oath taking ceremony yesterday  March 9, 2023 because last February 22, it was cancelled by the UCIS due to icy weather. Got my naturalization certificate yesterday in Detroit court house with others naturalized citizens. They don’t allow cellphone inside the oath ceremony venue better bring a camera instead. We don’t have a camera so we don’t have any pictures inside the venue only outside the building. But anyway it was a unforgettable experienced or milestone in my life. Don’t worry they will going to sent you a snail mail soon about your oath taking ceremony. I filed my I-751 application last July 16, 2021 biometric September 13,2021. My N-400 August 13,2022 my biometric was Sept 12, 2022. I applied my N-400 application online.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Marinpink510 said:

Hi there, did you mean you had interview on Jan. 26 too? Mine, no update, my status got stuck to “Interview was Scheduled”, although my I-751 got approved 2 weeks ago and that is one step closer. I remember though, the officer told me that it takes some time for those who lives way further from Detroit area to schedule Oath. This waiting game is frustrating. But I guess we will just have to wait. Hopefully we will get our Oath soon. Keep me posted.

Hey good morning i know we in same situation i get my green card after 2 weeks and still waiting I don’t get any updates i hope we be soon 

5 hours ago, ms.lonely said:

Hello there I was interviewed for my N - 400 February 2, 2023 and the USCIS officer told me after my interview that they will approved my I -751 at the same time. Had my oath taking ceremony yesterday  March 9, 2023 because last February 22, it was cancelled by the UCIS due to icy weather. Got my naturalization certificate yesterday in Detroit court house with others naturalized citizens. They don’t allow cellphone inside the oath ceremony venue better bring a camera instead. We don’t have a camera so we don’t have any pictures inside the venue only outside the building. But anyway it was a unforgettable experienced or milestone in my life. Don’t worry they will going to sent you a snail mail soon about your oath taking ceremony. I filed my I-751 application last July 16, 2021 biometric September 13,2021. My N-400 August 13,2022 my biometric was Sept 12, 2022. I applied my N-400 application online.

Congratulations 🍾 and you give me an idea no bring my camera 📷 thanks! Which part of Michigan are you in if you don’t mine, because from what I remember the officer told me that it take sometime for them to schedule oath for people lives further from Detroit like mine. I live in Upper Peninsula Michigan so maybe they are waiting for enough people from here or close by area to have the same date of Oath altogether ….I am not sure. 
Yes, the waiting game is really frustrating. Like I said, my combo interview was done Jan. 26, (coz of my I- 751 pending) it was smooth conversation. Everything was fine and she handed me the paper saying that I passed. But anyway I can share my timeline…

Aug. 09, 2021 - sent my packet via mail for I-751

Aug. 11, 2021 - USCIS received my application & Biometric re-use.

Aug. 18, 2021 - Received 18 mos. extension 

Sept. 10, 2021 - Received 24 mos. extension 

February 23, 2023 - Case Was Approved 

Nov. 18, 2023- N-400 Application online

Nov. 18, 2023 - Biometric re-use 

Dec. 19, 2023 - Interview scheduled 

Jan. 26, 2023 - interview date (both I-751 & N-400 (the officer congratulated me that I passed)

Up to this date - I am waiting for my Oath Ceremony. Hopefully soon, as I am planning to go for vacation. Fingers cross and congratulations again, that calls for celebration 🎉 

Timeline
On 3/10/2023 at 7:00 AM, ms.lonely said:

Hey good morning still don’t get updated 

2 hours ago, Romeo211 said:

Hey good morning still don’t get updated 

Nope, still the same status. Getting apprehensive about it but I guess I will just have to wait. What about you? Did you get any updates on yours? 

Timeline
Just now, Marinpink510 said:

Nope, still the same status. Getting apprehensive about it but I guess I will just have to wait. What about you? Did you get any updates on yours? 

No still waiting 😭😭

Just now, Romeo211 said:

No still waiting 😭😭

Did you had your interview in Jan. 26, too? Where is your location? I mean where do you live because from people I talked to it depends, USCIS is trying to schedule Oaths’ based on location… and I don’t understand that sometimes, coz from my side I can drive to Detroit to get this done. 

Timeline

same day 

1 minute ago, Marinpink510 said:

Did you had your interview in Jan. 26, too? Where is your location? I mean where do you live because from people I talked to it depends, USCIS is trying to schedule Oaths’ based on location… and I don’t understand that sometimes, coz from my side I can drive to Detroit to get this done. 

Same day jan 26 i live in melvindale like 15 min to Detroit and u

1 minute ago, Romeo211 said:

same day 

Same day jan 26 i live in melvindale like 15 min to Detroit and u

No, I live in Upper Peninsula Michigan way far from Detroit. The officer when I had my interview said that it took them a while to schedule an Oath because they are trying to gather more people way up from this area so ..but I am not certain if thats the case. Dod you call USCIS to get updates?

12 minutes ago, Marinpink510 said:

No, I live in Upper Peninsula Michigan way far from Detroit. The officer when I had my interview said that it took them a while to schedule an Oath because they are trying to gather more people way up from this area so ..but I am not certain if thats the case. Dod you call USCIS to get updates?

I mean did you call USCIS to get updates? I hope we will get our Oath scheduled soon. Keep praying and keep me posted if you get progress on yours. Thanks 🙏🏻 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Marinpink510 said:

I call him before 2 weeks say only waiting we will send to u 

Just now, Romeo211 said:

I call him before 2 weeks say only waiting we will send to u 

Hey, what number did you call? Coz I called the toll free number 1-800-375-5283 and it directs me to the digital operator and I don’t have option that I needed to just a digital.  It won’t let me talk to the real person. Can you please give me the USCIS number that you called? Thank you 🙏🏻 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.