momshie

How long for scheduled interview from expedited request and confirm derivative covered by CSPA

19 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are on F3 visa and my family has been documentarily complete since Jan-2021. And its a long wait but this month we have been approved  for expedited interview in Manila.

How long would we need to wait for us to be interviewed or schedule an interview?

I am also worried that my son already aged out, what documents do we need to prepare to bring to embassy to show his CSPA age? Our PD is Sep-1999 and my son was documentarily same as mine last Jan2021 but he turns 21yrs old last May2021. Will we still be able to bring him with us?

Edited by momshie

2 hours ago, momshie said:

We are on F3 visa and my family has been documentarily complete since Jan-2021. And its a long wait but this month we have been approved  for expedited interview in Manila.

How long would we need to wait for us to be interviewed or schedule an interview?

I am also worried that my son already aged out, what documents do we need to prepare to bring to embassy to show his CSPA age? Our PD is Sep-1999 and my son was documentarily same as mine last Jan2021 but he turns 21yrs old last May2021. Will we still be able to bring him with us?

When you say your son’s age is 21 in May 2021, is he 23 now? Or is it the CSPA adjusted age you are referring to? Did you calculate his CSPA age?

2 hours ago, momshie said:

What is the case status on CEAC?  If your case is expedited, the US embassy in Manila typically expects you to book the interview schedule yourself via the USTravelDocs portal once your CEAC status turns "Ready".

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Aluvaboy said:

When you say your son’s age is 21 in May 2021, is he 23 now? Or is it the CSPA adjusted age you are referring to? Did you calculate his CSPA age?

Yes, he is now 23yrs old. He was born May 2000.

Priority date: Sep 1999

Visa priority date was available: Mar 2020

Documentarily qualified: Jan 2021 (has 4mos before my son turn 21yrs old)

Would we have issue to bring with us or do we need to prepare documentation? Thanks so much for attention on this.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Chancy said:

What is the case status on CEAC?  If your case is expedited, the US embassy in Manila typically expects you to book the interview schedule yourself via the USTravelDocs portal once your CEAC status turns "Ready".

Thanks for reply! The visa application status shows "In-transit", so we will have to wait then.

We did request to transfer interview from MNL to HKG, but the Interview location and case remains MNL. So we assume we can assume we need to book the interview in MNL.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

But then I had a problem  , yesterday morning when I saw  the ready status it is for all of us in the family..  for myself , my husband and my daughter. Then in the afternoon on that same day I was shocked because my daughter's status  was gone.  Not sure why but I suspect it might be an issue of CSPA Age. In my own calculation though her CSPA age is still under 21. Now it worries me a lot.   Not sure what to do so I called up US Embassy manila and talked to the agent. She sent an email and escalate it . Now I'm just waiting for a reply.

Anyone has  the same experience? Kindly share how it was resolved

Timeline
1 hour ago, jogichel said:

Hi .. did you already check again your status?   Mine was  'in transit" for a day and then it became "ready" the next day. So fast. 

I received the email on 25Jan and CEAC status still in-transit. That was fast for you. Congrats.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, jogichel said:

But then I had a problem  , yesterday morning when I saw  the ready status it is for all of us in the family..  for myself , my husband and my daughter. Then in the afternoon on that same day I was shocked because my daughter's status  was gone.  Not sure why but I suspect it might be an issue of CSPA Age. In my own calculation though her CSPA age is still under 21. Now it worries me a lot.   Not sure what to do so I called up US Embassy manila and talked to the agent. She sent an email and escalate it . Now I'm just waiting for a reply.

Anyone has  the same experience? Kindly share how it was resolved

oh, this what makes me worry too. How should we make the representation for them. Let's wait for expert advise here.

Timeline
15 hours ago, momshie said:

Yes, he is now 23yrs old. He was born May 2000.

Priority date: Sep 1999

Visa priority date was available: Mar 2020

Documentarily qualified: Jan 2021 (has 4mos before my son turn 21yrs old)

Would we have issue to bring with us or do we need to prepare documentation? Thanks so much for attention on this.

dear VJs, can i assume that my son's age has been freeze when DQ and is covered by CSPA? Now, that we are near the last step it makes me worry for my son. Thanks for the advise.

36 minutes ago, momshie said:

dear VJs, can i assume that my son's age has been freeze when DQ and is covered by CSPA? Now, that we are near the last step it makes me worry for my son. Thanks for the advise.

What was your petition approval date? Was your sons name listed as derivative beneficiary in the CEAC portal and did he also become documentarily qualified? Since you mentioned that visa priority date was current in March 2020, I don’t think you have an issue! Your son will receive the visa! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Aluvaboy said:

What was your petition approval date? Was your sons name listed as derivative beneficiary in the CEAC portal and did he also become documentarily qualified? Since you mentioned that visa priority date was current in March 2020, I don’t think you have an issue! Your son will receive the visa! 

Received email for petition approval on Feb 2020. Yes, he was added as derivative in the CEAC  portal and DQ on Jan2021. Thanks for the review!

Timeline

Hi momshie,

From what I understand , the CSPA age freezes on the day the visa became current on the visa bulletin. So when I used the CSPA calculator I was confident that my daughter is eligible . Besides she is really included when  we got this documentarily qualified last Aug 2020.  When we received the NVC email last Jan 25.. she is also a recipient of the email informing us that our case is expedited and  that the US embassy here in Manila will email or contact  us  for the interview schedule. So everything was fine on that day  until morning of Jan 26. Then in the afternoon things changed.. my daughter was  suddenly removed from the list of the "ready" status. I  also checked our DS 260 and her name is still there with the status completed or documentarily completed.  I checked also any new messages there  if there's any  but none. If she has been removed from the list.. i should expect a message at least there and explain about the situation.  That's why I am asking if anyone  has experienced also this kind of issue so we can help each other.

6 minutes ago, jogichel said:

Hi momshie,

From what I understand , the CSPA age freezes on the day the visa became current on the visa bulletin. So when I used the CSPA calculator I was confident that my daughter is eligible . Besides she is really included when  we got this documentarily qualified last Aug 2020.  When we received the NVC email last Jan 25.. she is also a recipient of the email informing us that our case is expedited and  that the US embassy here in Manila will email or contact  us  for the interview schedule. So everything was fine on that day  until morning of Jan 26. Then in the afternoon things changed.. my daughter was  suddenly removed from the list of the "ready" status. I  also checked our DS 260 and her name is still there with the status completed or documentarily completed.  I checked also any new messages there  if there's any  but none. If she has been removed from the list.. i should expect a message at least there and explain about the situation.  That's why I am asking if anyone  has experienced also this kind of issue so we can help each other.

If your daughter’s met the CSPA requirement and her name was there in the CEAC portal, she should be able to get the visa. If her name is not in the derivative list anymore, give a written request to the Consular Officer at the time of your scheduled interview. The Officer will review it and give her another appointment for her interview. This recently happened to a family from India on F4 category. The three children whose names were not in the list were given visas when parents submitted a written request at the time of interview!

Timeline

Oh really? IThere's a case like that in India?  Thank you so much for this very helpful advise.   Then we will try to do the same thing for my daughter.

Now I can see  hope for my daughter.. She was really frustrated and my heart goes out with her.  I'm sure she will be happy to hear that there's a way to resolve  our issue. Again, thank you so much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.