jensenes

IR5 for Parents in Mexico - Wating for interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife from Mexico became a citizen a couple years ago so we filed for her parents after they were denied tourist visas.  They were documentarily qualified November 2 but we are still waiting for the NVC to schedule an interview.  Anyone know about how long it is taking right now to get an interview scheduled in Ciudad Juarez after being documentarily qualified?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Last time I saw anything it was about a year

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, jensenes said:

My wife from Mexico became a citizen a couple years ago so we filed for her parents after they were denied tourist visas.  They were documentarily qualified November 2 but we are still waiting for the NVC to schedule an interview.  Anyone know about how long it is taking right now to get an interview scheduled in Ciudad Juarez after being documentarily qualified?

Boiler is right. It's taking 12-18 months after being DQ'd at NVC, 15 months on average.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, Steffen & Rafael said:

Boiler is right. It's taking 12-18 months after being DQ'd at NVC, 15 months on average.

Wow, that's crazy.  We originally submitted applications in October, 2021.  Sounds like this is going to be close to a 3 year long process.

Edited by jensenes

• 4 weeks later...

I just finalized successfully  the process for my parent (one is deceased) early this week at Ciudad Juarez consulate.

Straight forward case: All entries with visa/inspection, never overstayed, parent retired, we were able to meet the financial support, never a problem with police or criminal record, all documents, etc.

I am not too familiar with all the terms but I can share:

Priority Date:  Dec 2020

DQ : Jul 2021

Initial appointment: Oct 2022 -  We missed due to a medical condition. I rescheduled it submitting a public inquiry.

Reschedule appointment: Feb 2023 -  It was re-scheduled as expedite, I did not request expedite.

We are just waiting for passport now.

Few notes:

CMI was wonderful with my parent. Since my parent is very senior I decided to get all the probable vaccines ahead 45 days ahead of the interview so my parent did not get multiples shots on one day and away from home.  I presented a document from my parent's doctor   ( Constancia) with the logo (membretada), his cedula professional de medico, certifying every single vaccine he administered with  full date per vaccine (VERY IMPORTANT),  type of vaccine,  lot/batch number, signed and stamped. 

Please review and validate supplementary documents in addition to what you have already submitted.  I found 2 different versions of the supplementary data and instruction for Cd Juarez. One of them say that the  Carta de no Antecedentes Penales can be 2 years old, other version says 1 year only which created lot of stress and anxiety since it was too late to get a new one from the original place I got it the first time. I found another forum that the Consulate may accept one from La Fiscalia de Chihuahua, you can obtain it the same day in  Ciudad Juarez but be ready for long lines to pay for it. You can also order it online. There is a federal one online that it is available now online and it was delivered to me in 30 mins. They accepted the one from La Fiscalia de Chihuahua  I did not present the federal one and I was not asked for it.   REMEMBER YMMV please.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.