discerned1

Lagos embassy

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Wow, I must say that this journey is going quite smooth, but very quick! I have yet to send my fiance the information needed for the interview as I have stuff to copy and get together. I guess I have been a bit laid back regarding this process. :whistle::huh:

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible for the Lagos embassy to schedule interviews before receiving packet 3. I received an email stating that the petition arrived and uploaded in their system and was told an interview has yet to be scheduled and will mail out packet 4 to fiance as soon as a date is scheduled. Who knows, maybe I am just jumping the gun here. I wonder does it mean it will be scheduled after packet 3 is done or will they schedule the interview while my fiance is getting the medicals and police clearance in the process. Has anyone been through this before? In the meanwhile, I should get my rear into gear. :blink:

Thanks for any insight.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Wow, I must say that this journey is going quite smooth, but very quick! I have yet to send my fiance the information needed for the interview as I have stuff to copy and get together. I guess I have been a bit laid back regarding this process. :whistle::huh:

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible for the Lagos embassy to schedule interviews before receiving packet 3. I received an email stating that the petition arrived and uploaded in their system and was told an interview has yet to be scheduled and will mail out packet 4 to fiance as soon as a date is scheduled. Who knows, maybe I am just jumping the gun here. I wonder does it mean it will be scheduled after packet 3 is done or will they schedule the interview while my fiance is getting the medicals and police clearance in the process. Has anyone been through this before? In the meanwhile, I should get my rear into gear. :blink:

Thanks for any insight.

Hi:

In my experience with K-3, I was told that my information had been uploaded in the system as well and that an interview had not been scheduled. About a week later, I told my husband to go to the embassy and try to pick-up the packets. I e-mailed him the letter I received from the National Visa Center and the NOA2. He went there on June 13, 2007 and was given the packets at that time and was given an interview date for August 21, 2007.

When I e-mailed them about the medical exam, I was told that he can get it done at any time.

I hope this helps. Maybe someone else has had a more similiar experience.

LadyLove2006 :)(L)(F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had a similar experience(K-1). I actually called NVC to check and see if Naija had opened our package because it had been sitting unopened for a good minute. I was told the day I called that it had been opened and we had an appointment date of Aug. 1. This was back in May. I've been waiting for 3 months. Also, the lady at NVC told me to not wait on the packages to come in the mail. She told me to print the letter with the appointment date and send it to my fiance. He then went to the Embassy and picked up both packets. Do not allow your fiance to wait to do the medical appt. They have to go twice. The first time they go to take the test and then they give them another appointment about a month later (at least that's what happened to my fiance) to read the results. The police report is pretty simple. My fiance received his the same day. By the way, the medical test costs $200 US. I think the police report was $20-40 US. When he goes back the second time, they will do the first round of his vacci's. I hope this info. helps. My fiance goes for his interview next Wed. please keep us in your thoughts as we navigate the notorious Naija embassy.

Thanks for any insight.

Hi:

In my experience with K-3, I was told that my information had been uploaded in the system as well and that an interview had not been scheduled. About a week later, I told my husband to go to the embassy and try to pick-up the packets. I e-mailed him the letter I received from the National Visa Center and the NOA2. He went there on June 13, 2007 and was given the packets at that time and was given an interview date for August 21, 2007.

When I e-mailed them about the medical exam, I was told that he can get it done at any time.

I hope this helps. Maybe someone else has had a more similiar experience.

December 15, 2006- Travelled to Nigeria

December 24, 2006- Got Engaged!

December 28-2006-Filed I-129F

January 8, 2007-Packet Received

January 12, 20007-Official Receipt date

March 27,2007-2nd Visit to Nigeria

April 2, 2007- We received our approval while I was in Nigeria!!!

April 23, 2007-NVC received approval

May 9, 2007-Packet sent to Nigeria

May 23, 2007-Touched by Nigeria

May 23, 2007- Interview Date for Aug. 1, 2007

August 1, 2007-Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

August 6, 2007-Pick up visa

August 16,2007- POE JFK

When I stepped foot in Africa, I understood who I was!

Timeline

Wow!! I just joined the forum and already I find a case similar to mine. My case left NVC for Lagos on the 16th of July. My fiance does not live in Lagos so Im totally confused about when to tell him to go to the embassy to pick up pkts 3 &4 or schedule his medical.

I dont know how to track the case to see if the embassy has received it or not, talkless of an interveiw date. Im trying to avoid the embassy "mailing" it to him.......Please would appreciate any advice .... :help:

K1

3/12/07- Mailed I-129F

3/16/07- TSC recieved and forwarded to CSC

3/22/07- NOA1

6/13/07-NOA2 via email

6/22/07 NOA2 letter

7/12/07- Received by NVC

7/16/07- NVC forwards to embassy

7/24/07- Picked up pkt 3

7/31/07- Medical

9/18/07- Interview-Approved!!!

9/21/07- Visa Pick Up

10/3/07- US Arrival

AOS &EAD

10/22/07- AOS & EAD mailed

10/23/07- Recieved by Chicago

11/2/07- NOA1

12/11/07- Biometrics

12/15/07 - AOS Transfered to California

12/21/07- EAD approved- card production ordered!!!!

01/02/08- Card arrived in mail

2/14/08- Recieved Green Card in Mail.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!! I just joined the forum and already I find a case similar to mine. My case left NVC for Lagos on the 16th of July. My fiance does not live in Lagos so Im totally confused about when to tell him to go to the embassy to pick up pkts 3 &4 or schedule his medical.

I dont know how to track the case to see if the embassy has received it or not, talkless of an interveiw date. Im trying to avoid the embassy "mailing" it to him.......Please would appreciate any advice .... :help:

My guy doesn't live in Lagos either, he lives in Port Harcourt. Therefore, he has to go and pick up the packet and probably wait :wacko: there in Lagos to do the medical exam and then wait to get the results and thennnn get the police report. He doesn't like going back and forth to that part of Nigeria(he said Lagos is like Newyork, hussle and bussle).

Anyway, I know what you mean. I am at a lost as to when I can tell him to go and pick up the packets because I don't want him to get there and be turned away. That several hour bus ride to lagos can be an harrowing experience, to and fro! I want him to go next week or maybe the weekend to get them, but am afraid they will give him the red tape.

To track the case, email the embassy and ask if the case is there yet. That's what I did. They emailed back the next day for me. Sometimes it's a couple of days before they email. Also, if you have a case number just put it in the subject line and in the body of the letter, give them the beneficiary full name and the petitioner's full name along with date of births. They then told me it was in their system.

Thank you Nigerianlove and Ladylove for your input and advice. I really appreciate it. :thumbs: I wish you both the best for the interviews. I will continue to keep you two in prayer.

Would it be too early to get the medicals done? I don't want to have him get it done and then turn around having to get it redone again because it is not a recent one. Does it matter?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! DISCERNED1 on getting closer to having that interview scheduled!!!!!! I would say go ahead and let him start the medical....my now husband had to go back at least 4 times, I am sure less than others but, I can remeber it really being busy at the clinic and to prevent him for having the interview without the medical results, I would get a jump start.....now as far as how long the medical is good for I really do not remember maybe someone else can answer that one?????I know the interviews were being scheduled at least 3 mos from NOA2, have not looked at any current timelines but, I hope it is so much quicker. Hurry, hurry,hurry and get into gear and get those documents ready!!!!!! The same thing happened to me also, when I sent the email I was told the same thing. Just don't wait to late to send him to the Embassy because we were too late and they had already mailed the packets 3&4 and they told him he would have to wait for them but, they were kind enough to tell him the date the interview was scheduled. GOOD LUCK!!!!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Timeline

My guy doesn't live in Lagos either, he lives in Port Harcourt. Therefore, he has to go and pick up the packet and probably wait :wacko: there in Lagos to do the medical exam and then wait to get the results and thennnn get the police report. He doesn't like going back and forth to that part of Nigeria(he said Lagos is like Newyork, hussle and bussle).

Anyway, I know what you mean. I am at a lost as to when I can tell him to go and pick up the packets because I don't want him to get there and be turned away. That several hour bus ride to lagos can be an harrowing experience, to and fro! I want him to go next week or maybe the weekend to get them, but am afraid they will give him the red tape.

To track the case, email the embassy and ask if the case is there yet. That's what I did. They emailed back the next day for me. Sometimes it's a couple of days before they email. Also, if you have a case number just put it in the subject line and in the body of the letter, give them the beneficiary full name and the petitioner's full name along with date of births. They then told me it was in their system.

Im so glad!!!! the Lord is good!!! All the time. My fiance was supposed to leave Lagos for his base today, I told him to just go to the embassy in Lagos and "check" for our case.....it wont hurt.......Well God being the faithful...we got our packets!!!!!

Interview 09/18/07.!!!

K1

3/12/07- Mailed I-129F

3/22/07- NOA1

6/13/07-NOA2 via email

6/22/07 NOA2 letter

7/12/07- Received by NVC

7/24/07- Picked up pkt 3

7/31/07- Medical

9/21/07- Visa Pick Up

10/3/07- US Arrival

AOS &EAD

11/2/07- NOA1

12/11/07- Biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Thank you Nigerianlove and Ladylove for your input and advice. I really appreciate it. :thumbs: I wish you both the best for the interviews. I will continue to keep you two in prayer.

Would it be too early to get the medicals done? I don't want to have him get it done and then turn around having to get it redone again because it is not a recent one. Does it matter?

I'm not sure if Nigeria is the same as Ghana, as far as medical exams. But in GH, they are good for 12 months and it should still be good for 6 months upon applying for AOS. If not you have to get the medical done again. I'm sure it's ok to do it now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are so welcome. Glad I could help in some way.

God Bless you both on your jouney and beyond.

Much Love,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I emailed the lagos consulate and they replied to me the next day. I also sent my fiance to the Consulate to get his packets 3 and 4 and they gave him an interview date of September 6.

Im so glad!!!! the Lord is good!!! All the time. My fiance was supposed to leave Lagos for his base today, I told him to just go to the embassy in Lagos and "check" for our case.....it wont hurt.......Well God being the faithful...we got our packets!!!!!

Interview 09/18/07.!!!

Congratulations! That is exactly what I did and our interview is September 6!!!!

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We got an email for an interview date set for October 9th at 7a.m. I don't care how long away it is, just as long as it's scheduled. God is good all the time, wow! I mean, it is just so smooth! I just hope and pray the interview goes smooth too. I also hope the medicals go well. The email from the Embassy said that the packet was sent out and if not received within three weeks for him to go and pick it up. We will just play it by ear. :thumbs:

Timeline

Congrats on getting your interview date :thumbs:

K1

3/12/07- Mailed I-129F

3/22/07- NOA1

6/13/07-NOA2 via email

6/22/07 NOA2 letter

7/12/07- Received by NVC

7/24/07- Picked up pkt 3

7/31/07- Medical

9/21/07- Visa Pick Up

10/3/07- US Arrival

AOS &EAD

11/2/07- NOA1

12/11/07- Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.