ta&na

I-864 check

6 posts in this topic

Double checking my I-864 forms, and I just want to make sure everything is correct.

I am using a joint sponsor (sister) because my job doesn’t carry over to the U.S.

I file Joint tax return with my wife,

My sister files a joint tax return with their spouse.

I would file the I-164 as the sponsor, My sister would file the I-164 as the only joint sponsor.

My wife would file the I-164a as the sponsors spouse.  My sisters spouse would file I-164 as Other dependent (___ in Law)

steps

1. print out the forms, and sign them.

2. my sister sends me their signed I-164 and I-164a, along with their 2022, 2021, and 2020 IRS tax transcripts.

3. I scan in the forms along with their tax return.

By the end I should have 4 pdf files, 1 pdf for each I-164 with tax returns, along with all original documents.

Questions

I-164 Part 6

# 7. "My current individual annual income"  this would be the amount on their W-2

# 8  Person 1:  This would be my sisters spouse, and the income listed on their W-2

# 20 "My current annual household income"  this would be the adjusted gross income on the Tax return.

My wife has been unemployed for the last 4 years.  Do we need to submit local tax documents showing she has been unemployed?

We are still waiting for the I-130 approval. This means that we don’t have an Alien registration number or a USCIS online account number.  

Would there be any issue if I manually wrote them on the forms when we have them, and then scan them to pdf?  

My sister recently had her house appraised for a new loan.  Should we include it under part 7 for Assets to Supplement Income”?

Her and her spouses combined income is more than 125% of the poverty guideline.

I have been using a family's US address for mailing purposes on my tax returns.  Will this cause any problems?

Are there any other supporting documents that should be included, like W-2, or pay stubs to help make sure it is accepted? 

Edited by ta&na

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It's I-864 and your wife does not need to file anything.  Sister and her husband file forms.  The one with the most income should be the joint sponsor and the other the household member.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

30 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

It's I-864 and your wife does not need to file anything.  Sister and her husband file forms.  The one with the most income should be the joint sponsor and the other the household member.

I noticed the mistake after I couldn't edit anything.

Ok,  thank you for the advice.  I naturally assumed she had to fill out the I-864a because we are Married filling Jointly.

Ill have the higher income be the co-sponsor, and other as household member. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, ta&na said:

I noticed the mistake after I couldn't edit anything.

Ok,  thank you for the advice.  I naturally assumed she had to fill out the I-864a because we are Married filling Jointly.

Ill have the higher income be the co-sponsor, and other as household member. 

I think you are still confused.  You are the petitioner sponsor.  Your sister or her husband are the joint sponsor and the other is their household member.  

Your wife, the immigrant, provides NOTHING as part of the I-864 financial package.

Do not include anything about your sister's primary home.  It is not "liquid".

Before now was the time to become an A-Student of the I-864 instructions and the form itself.  Doing so will be critical to your ultimate success, so I advise you to do that now.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

12 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I think you are still confused.  You are the petitioner sponsor.  Your sister or her husband are the joint sponsor and the other is their household member.  

Your wife, the immigrant, provides NOTHING as part of the I-864 financial package.

Do not include anything about your sister's primary home.  It is not "liquid".

Before now was the time to become an A-Student of the I-864 instructions and the form itself.  Doing so will be critical to your ultimate success, so I advise you to do that now.

I think I understand, I just didn't write funny.

I submit I-864,

my wife provides nothing.

My sisters spouse is the co-sponsor (they make more than my sister) and files the I-864

My sister is their household member and files the I-864a

I am assuming that she files as spouse in Part 2:1c. since her income is included under her spouses I-864

Should I combine her I-864a pdf with her husbands I-864 pdf or keep all of them seperate?

dont mention the house.

Timeline
10 hours ago, ta&na said:

I think I understand, I just didn't write funny.

I submit I-864,

my wife provides nothing.

My sisters spouse is the co-sponsor (they make more than my sister) and files the I-864

My sister is their household member and files the I-864a

I am assuming that she files as spouse in Part 2:1c. since her income is included under her spouses I-864

Should I combine her I-864a pdf with her husbands I-864 pdf or keep all of them seperate?

dont mention the house.

Joint sponsor, not co-sponsor.  Yes, sister is household member.  Of course she is the joint sponsor's spouse.  Separate files to upload.  Be sure to consult the instructions regarding supporting documentation for the joint sponsor and their spouse.  It's different from the petitioner's.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.