DarkKiss

RFE on I130 filed for Peru

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

I130 filed Dec, 19, 2021 for Mother of U.S. Citizen.  Checked on-line today and it stated that on Dec 21, 2022, they sent me a Request for Evidence explaining that additional information is needed.  They said that no further action will be taken on case until evidence is received.  So from the looks of my dates, it appears that the I130 for parents processing through the Nebraska Service Center is taking at least one year or less.  I say less because my mother's case had special circumstances that's why hers took a little longer.  I will keep everyone updated

Edited by DarkKiss

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline
On 12/27/2022 at 10:30 PM, annselcer said:

What are the initial evidence have you submitted with the I 130? What are the doc RFE is asking for?

This is what the RFE states “You submitted a foreign language documented that appears to be a birth certificate, However you did not include  certified English translation of the document. Any document that is not in English must be submitted  with a complete and certified translation.”

” You must submit the following:

* A complete , accurate and certified English translation of the entire document, including a translation of the registrar’s name and information, signature and stamp of the civil authority; AND

* A new photocopy of the corresponding foreign language document”

” Extract and summary translations of the original document is not acceptable. The translator must certify that translation is complete and accurate, and that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language to English”

I had previously read that anyone who is fluent in English could translate and just write a letter saying that the a certfied to translate. I’m not sure if that is acceptable anymore.

I’m going back at look at some of the previous posts and see if I can find the answer and I’m also concerned if the format of the translation has to be in the same exact format of the birth certificate or can it be a line by line format.

I’ll keep you posted

Below is a list of the Evidence Originally submitted:

1. my birth certificate in spanish

2: proof of citizenship 

3:   Passport page 1 for identification

there is also a cover letter that they same MUST BE  RETURNED with the evidence

Edited by DarkKiss
Added info

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.