Marilyn.

Need Computer help...

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What version of Firefox? Can you type "about:config" in the address bar and post it here?

Going back to XP is probably a good choice, I don't know anyone that likes Vista. I haven't had firefox hang on me in more than 2 years now, though it still leaks memory on Windows...

Loads fine on Firefox on Linux (what I'm using). I would try to reproduce it myself, but don't have Vista (and don't plan on it.)

My computer's OS is Windows Vista and I use Firefox...

does anybody now what the problem could be??

P.S. I am starting to dislike Windows Vista :P We just got a new computer with this OS last week.. but it has been more of a pain in the butt then an improvement... :P

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok, it definitely is something to do with those pics that are too big and have to be re-sized....

going back to XP is not an option right now...

i have 2.0.0.5....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
What version of Firefox? Can you type "about:config" in the address bar and post it here?

Going back to XP is probably a good choice, I don't know anyone that likes Vista. I haven't had firefox hang on me in more than 2 years now, though it still leaks memory on Windows...

Loads fine on Firefox on Linux (what I'm using). I would try to reproduce it myself, but don't have Vista (and don't plan on it.)

My computer's OS is Windows Vista and I use Firefox...

does anybody now what the problem could be??

P.S. I am starting to dislike Windows Vista :P We just got a new computer with this OS last week.. but it has been more of a pain in the butt then an improvement... :P

There are still a handful of outstanding bugs with Firefox on Vista - see here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=352420

It will probably be a few months before Firefox is entirely stable. Microsoft Anti-Spyware and Kaspersky seem to contribute a lot to this. IE7 may be a better choice until that point. Or install Ubuntu :)

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

thing is, this glitch is something I just noticed so I don't know if maybe I messed with a setting recently or I just haven't noticed it before now :blink:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I tried those posts and didn't have any trouble. Interesting. Is it the photos that are big on the screen or those that you have to click on to increase their size?

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Timeline
I tried those posts and didn't have any trouble. Interesting. Is it the photos that are big on the screen or those that you have to click on to increase their size?

the ones you have to click....

i think I must have messed with a setting...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
thing is, this glitch is something I just noticed so I don't know if maybe I messed with a setting recently or I just haven't noticed it before now :blink:

In my opinion, i think it may be firefox, i use it all the time... and it doesnt freeze my computer, using windows xp, but I have small problems with firefox, like th page wont load...just smalll things... try using internet explorer

July 25th-Sent K1 petition to NSC

July 26th NSC received petition

Aug 11th Received NOA1

Timeline

oh my goodness, I am not going back to IE :P

I have never really had problems with Firefox before this.... we still have firefox on the other computer and it works fine...

i have it working now but only because I shut of images in Firefox...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so does anybody know what is going on....

i just wanted to mention that it isn't images that are uploaded from VJ....the small pics that you have to click on to make big...

it is the pics that are linked from other sites that are a little big and have to be reduced....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif