snooky

How long for interview after civil document completion?

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I filed I-130 for my parents, it was approved, and we have gone through submitting all the civil documents as well. We received a mail from NVC confirming that they have received all the fees, forms and documents and that they'd contact us with the interview dates. It has been almost 3 months though since then and we haven't received anything after that yet. Is that normal? How long do we typically have to wait before the interviews are scheduled? My parents are in Canada with the interview to be scheduled in Montreal, if that helps.

Thank you!

Timeline

Hello! 

The timeline between NVC DQ and the Consulate interview completely depends on the Consulate itself. Some have tremendous backlogs that take ages, others are pretty quick. Canada, I believe takes a little bit BUT I have zero experience there. Your best bet is to search for folks with who have completed timelines recently from Canada. That will give you a decent guess as to how long people wait for their interview. If you feel that your case in an outlier based on your research, you can always contact the NVC but be aware that they take nearly a month to respond to inquiries. 

Good luck! I hope it moves quickly for you.

17 hours ago, snooky said:

We received a mail from NVC confirming that they have received all the fees, forms and documents and that they'd contact us with the interview dates.

Did you get an NVC email and CEAC inbox message with the words "Documentarily Qualified" (DQ)?

On 12/4/2022 at 10:33 PM, Orzo said:

Hello! 

The timeline between NVC DQ and the Consulate interview completely depends on the Consulate itself. Some have tremendous backlogs that take ages, others are pretty quick. Canada, I believe takes a little bit BUT I have zero experience there. Your best bet is to search for folks with who have completed timelines recently from Canada. That will give you a decent guess as to how long people wait for their interview. If you feel that your case in an outlier based on your research, you can always contact the NVC but be aware that they take nearly a month to respond to inquiries. 

Good luck! I hope it moves quickly for you.

Thank you! Any ideas on how I can find others that have gone through the process? I am hoping someone like that responds to this thread but no luck so far 😞

Timeline
45 minutes ago, snooky said:

Thank you! Any ideas on how I can find others that have gone through the process? I am hoping someone like that responds to this thread but no luck so far 😞

The immigration timelines feature is one of the best features of VJ. You can find it on the top of this page in the menu bar, or by following this link. (I assume you are going for a IR-5? I'm sorry I have ZERO experience in immigration outside of the marriage visas. )

IR-5 Visa US Immigration Timelines - SORT : Interview Date - DESC (visajourney.com)

You can sort this list by your country, and it should give you a decent idea. 

You should fill out your timeline on your profile as well so that you can help others down the line!

Take care and good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.