roosevelt2020

DCF in Vietnam...do we qualify?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, any advice on this topic will be greatly appreciated. A little background on our situation:

• I (US citizen) and my wife (Vietnamese citizen) have been married and living in Vietnam together for about 3.5 years
  • I have a temporary residence card in Vietnam
  • My permanent mailing address in the US has been the same for two decades. All of my mail, bills, etc. go there.
  • I've paid my taxes since moving to Vietnam
  • We have extensive evidence to prove our marriage is legitimate
  • My wife has been to the US multiple times on tourist visas and never overstayed or broken the law, both before and after we got married

As for our "exceptional circumstance," the company where I've worked remotely for about 7 years recently informed me that I would need to relocate back to the US because they no longer tolerate the time zone difference. They've given me 9 months to do so, so traditional consular processing isn't an option.

Do you all think that we are eligible, at first glance? I'm the sole breadwinner for our family, and losing this job would be devastating.

Upon first glance, as long as you are resident in Vietnam and can prove you are being asked to relocate, then you will have a shot at DCF processing. 

Each Consulate is different in how receptive they are to "exceptional circumstances", but to my eyes you certainly you have the basic stuff covered. 

DCF Frankfurt (Approved)

• 30/10/2022   I-130 package sent to US Consulate in Frankfurt
  • 02/11/2022   I-130 Package received by Consulate
  • 16/11/2022  Approval of I-130 and instructions received via email
  • 20/11/2022  DS-260 submitted electronically (Packet 3)
  • 28/11/2022  Packet 3 Approval Received / Request for Interview Sent
  • 29/11/2022  Interview request approved
  • 15/12/2022  Medical Completed in Frankfurt
  • 19/12/2022  Consulate interview - Approved!
  • 22/12/2022  Visa delivered!!
  • 15/02/2023  Flight to DFW, Interview, I-551 stamp received
  • 20/03/2023  Card received

15 hours ago, roosevelt2020 said:

Hi everyone, any advice on this topic will be greatly appreciated. A little background on our situation:

• I (US citizen) and my wife (Vietnamese citizen) have been married and living in Vietnam together for about 3.5 years
  • I have a temporary residence card in Vietnam
  • My permanent mailing address in the US has been the same for two decades. All of my mail, bills, etc. go there.
  • I've paid my taxes since moving to Vietnam
  • We have extensive evidence to prove our marriage is legitimate
  • My wife has been to the US multiple times on tourist visas and never overstayed or broken the law, both before and after we got married

As for our "exceptional circumstance," the company where I've worked remotely for about 7 years recently informed me that I would need to relocate back to the US because they no longer tolerate the time zone difference. They've given me 9 months to do so, so traditional consular processing isn't an option.

Do you all think that we are eligible, at first glance? I'm the sole breadwinner for our family, and losing this job would be devastating.

So we had a similar situation job wise and I will say that it is highly possible to do DCF. Especially if you have emails or communication that states you need to move back. Take everything in the forums with a grain of salt. Sometimes it's best to think on things and wait till after the holidays to try for DCF😎or maybe even in the spring!

10/19/22 : Approval for DCF granted

10/28/22 : I-130 petition sent to consulate

10/31/22 : Consulate received I-130 petition

11/16/22 : I-130 petition approved. Packet 3 received

11/18/22 : Packet 3 sent via email

11/21/22 : Packet 3 accepted / Request for interview Approved

11/22/22: Interview scheduled for Dec. 

12/12/22: Medical completed

12/27/22: Visa Interview / 221g issued

1/18/23: Consulate received requested document

1/25/23: CAEC status changed from refuse to issued

1/27/23: Passport picked up

2/5/23: Paid immigration fee (OS155A)

6/7/23: Arrived in U.S.A

6/20/23: SS card delivered via USPS

7/20/23: GC being Produced

7/25/23: GC mailed

7/28/23: GC delivered via USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.