tsac

How to change non-US address for petitioner?

6 posts in this topic

I filed for my wife via mail and after getting online access found that they entered our address incompletely (it's quite long).

I've tried to message USCIS about this twice to no avail. They keep giving me a canned response referring me to this form which only accepts US addresses.

Does anyone know how I can update my non-US mailing address with them?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, tsac said:

I filed for my wife via mail and after getting online access found that they entered our address incompletely (it's quite long).

I've tried to message USCIS about this twice to no avail. They keep giving me a canned response referring me to this form which only accepts US addresses.

Does anyone know how I can update my non-US mailing address with them?

It's not really necessary as long as you have your case number.  You can update it on your Io-864 at the NVC stage and on the beneficiary's DS260 during NVC stage.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, tsac said:

Is that completely safe as far as communication with them? I've seen no movement on my case on the website at all so far, and had to email lockbox support in order to get my receipt number and online access code because they (presumably) sent them via mail to the incorrect/incomplete address.

You're not going to see any movement.  Next will be one of three things.  Approval notice, request for evidence, or denial notice.  Once approved, all communication is by email from NVC and you'll be "Uploading" not mailing.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Next will be one of three things.  Approval notice, request for evidence, or denial notice.

I would have called any of those things "movement." 😉 So, to rephrase my earlier question, any of those situations will surely be reflected on the website and not just sent to a non-existent mailing address? I'm just worried because it's been 9 months and my weekly visa journey email estimate changed from "Jan 18" last week to "past due" this week. 😬

Edited by tsac

Timeline
14 hours ago, tsac said:

Next will be one of three things.  Approval notice, request for evidence, or denial notice.

I would have called any of those things "movement." 😉 So, to rephrase my earlier question, any of those situations will surely be reflected on the website and not just sent to a non-existent mailing address? I'm just worried because it's been 9 months and my weekly visa journey email estimate changed from "Jan 18" last week to "past due" this week. 😬

You can call it movement if you want.  The point is it's a black hole between receipt and approval.  Sometimes there's an RFE.  Sometimes a denial or RFE followed by approval or denial.  There is no movement to observe as you wait.  Your case is waiting for its turn to be looked at ONCE for less than 30 minutes before one of those three things happens.  The vast majority of the time "approval" is what happens.  There is no "movement".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.