Dave Knapp

How long before Interview after DQ for IR-1 at MNL?

7 posts in this topic

Good Day. I looked at 6 pages of threads and couldn't find this out, so I'm asking.  We were DQ'd on October 22.  Does anyone have current IR-1 non-expedited interview data?  Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Dave Knapp said:

Does anyone have current IR-1 non-expedited interview data?

Around 3 months from DQ, based on recent timelines, such as @Randy12572's, with DQ Aug 2022 and interview in early Nov --

VJ timeline data here -- https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Philippines&op1=3&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=0

I saw that one but could have sworn they got expedited.  Guess that was somebody else.  Thanks.  I was sort of hoping it was more like 5 or 6 months.  If its about 3 months, then we're looking at an interview in late January, or early February given the impact of the Christmas holidays.  Is the IV application only good for a year?  If so, that could compound issues on the far end as we uploaded to NVC about March 12 ,2022. What happens if we go past the 1 year?

2 hours ago, Dave Knapp said:

Is the IV application only good for a year?

You can keep the IV case active longer by maintaining contact with the consulate in Manila at least once a year.  Best to contact them via email so you have a written record that you communicated your intention to keep the case active.

19 hours ago, Chancy said:

You can keep the IV case active longer by maintaining contact with the consulate in Manila at least once a year.  Best to contact them via email so you have a written record that you communicated your intention to keep the case active.

So, lets say that our second anniversary is September 19, 2023, and we get an interview date of January 15, 2023 ( same interim as Randy). We need to delay the interview until  maybe April 10 to allow Aiza to enter after the 2nd anniversary  ( for 10 yr GC ) and before the 6 month expiration of the medical, which I presume would have occurred in the few days prior to the interview. Further confusing this is the 1 year life of the IV application fee. Can we pick a date to reschedule to?  How would this work?

On 10/29/2022 at 3:20 AM, Dave Knapp said:

Further confusing this is the 1 year life of the IV application fee. Can we pick a date to reschedule to?  How would this work?

The IV fee does not expire.  If your case is expedited by USEM or you cancel your interview appointment for any reason other than sputum testing at SLEC, you can get access to book a new appointment through the USTravelDocs online scheduler.

You need to expedite.  If not I hear the wait is over a year.  I scheduled the interview before they approved the expedite request.  I had to cancel first appointment as it had not been approved yet.  Was about 1 month wait for expedite approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.