Converse34

Someone, please buy our house!

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Congratulations and hope it all goes smoothly too for ya - I am geting a bit anxious - ok i accepted my offer last friday and its only Thursday morning now but I havent heard anythign back from my estate agents - I have never sold a house before so I dont know if this is to be expected, I am not sure what happens next and how long it will take. My estate agents told me to normally takes 6 - 8 weeks for completiong but I should have heard something by now, shouldn't I?

Not necessarily. Have you hired a solicitor yet for conveyancing? If you haven't done that then do it now and they'll have to get started on title searches which can take a bit of time. You usually don't have to pay anything up front; they take their fees from the profit from the sale of your house.

Also, make sure that you have received written confirmation of the offer from your estate agent. If you haven't, then call them and pester them for it.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations and hope it all goes smoothly too for ya - I am geting a bit anxious - ok i accepted my offer last friday and its only Thursday morning now but I havent heard anythign back from my estate agents - I have never sold a house before so I dont know if this is to be expected, I am not sure what happens next and how long it will take. My estate agents told me to normally takes 6 - 8 weeks for completiong but I should have heard something by now, shouldn't I?

Not necessarily. Have you hired a solicitor yet for conveyancing? If you haven't done that then do it now and they'll have to get started on title searches which can take a bit of time. You usually don't have to pay anything up front; they take their fees from the profit from the sale of your house.

Also, make sure that you have received written confirmation of the offer from your estate agent. If you haven't, then call them and pester them for it.

Very good advice, I would not sign anything until you have a written offer which should include the price.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok I dont have a solicitor but the estate agents told me i can use the one they have as a contact but they will put me in touch with them. I did speak to the agents today and well he said he actually had someone else who wanted to view my property he said he will arrange for them to come tomorrow. (umm this sounds strange when he was pesturing me to give him in writing that I accept the offer from this one guy) The buyer at present has also informed the agents that he would like a builder to come round to give estimates of what work needs doing - this to me sounds strange - I hope he doesnt start going down in price.

This is all wierd to me - and I have no idea what the hell is happening right now - I have told my agents I want to move quick if you feel this guy is messing about then let me know because I had a private sale offer which would mean I would take the house off the market and just sell to the other guy privately whereas the agents wont get any commission. umm was I too harsh? LOL

I am also currently starting to pack things up and boy is that stressfull - I get so emotional about the stuff I have and I know I have to cut things down drastically but it is so hard:( So currently my living room has boxes half full of things and other stuff laying around in piles marked - Throw away - Car boot/sell - take - indecisive lol OHHH I wish I had help with this, but family are bloody useless:(

I am getting real anxious about the whole thing - I love David to bits but you know it has all just sunk in ! I GOT MY VISA! AND I AM MOVING!!! I am biginning to miss UK already (Leicester anyways lol), family, friends too. David says Im panicking for no reason and I can only do things one day at a time but time flies quickly and I just wonder if I have enough time to get things done. Oh well sorry for venting I better get off the puter and sort a few more stuff out.

Lina

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Ok I dont have a solicitor but the estate agents told me i can use the one they have as a contact but they will put me in touch with them. I did speak to the agents today and well he said he actually had someone else who wanted to view my property he said he will arrange for them to come tomorrow. (umm this sounds strange when he was pesturing me to give him in writing that I accept the offer from this one guy) The buyer at present has also informed the agents that he would like a builder to come round to give estimates of what work needs doing - this to me sounds strange - I hope he doesnt start going down in price.

This is all wierd to me - and I have no idea what the hell is happening right now - I have told my agents I want to move quick if you feel this guy is messing about then let me know because I had a private sale offer which would mean I would take the house off the market and just sell to the other guy privately whereas the agents wont get any commission. umm was I too harsh? LOL

I am also currently starting to pack things up and boy is that stressfull - I get so emotional about the stuff I have and I know I have to cut things down drastically but it is so hard:( So currently my living room has boxes half full of things and other stuff laying around in piles marked - Throw away - Car boot/sell - take - indecisive lol OHHH I wish I had help with this, but family are bloody useless:(

I am getting real anxious about the whole thing - I love David to bits but you know it has all just sunk in ! I GOT MY VISA! AND I AM MOVING!!! I am biginning to miss UK already (Leicester anyways lol), family, friends too. David says Im panicking for no reason and I can only do things one day at a time but time flies quickly and I just wonder if I have enough time to get things done. Oh well sorry for venting I better get off the puter and sort a few more stuff out.

Lina

You need to be a bit careful here. Sounds like your agent is trying to get a bit of gazumping going on. Personally if I have accepted an offer, I won't go back on it even if someone tries to offer more, because I would hate it if someone did that to me. This is partly why we have a completion date and no interview date! We agreed to sell, agreed a price and so we will go through with it even if we have to go into rented.

The second thing is a buyer getting a formal valuation or survey is one thing. I always get very nervous if a buyer starts to say he wants to bring a builder round. My answer is normally, if you want a formal survey, arrange one in the proper course. If you want to get a builder to give you quotes, do so after exchange of contracts before completion.

The other thing is to get a quote from the solicitor and to make sure you are happy with him and that you feel he is acting for you. Ask around friends or other locals for what other people in the area usually charge or speak to a couple of solicitors.

Only my opinion though.

Finally, packing up anything is stressful. Don't worry about it and don't forget to take time to laugh as well. The best bit is still to come.... Good luck.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Have you considered renting it for a while, till the market picks up ?

So, now that we have our interview date and our medical is tomorrow - everything should be going in the right direction.

BUT my biggest stress is trying to sell our house! I am still hopeful for a Fall wedding, but our house has been on the market for about 6 weeks and although we have had lots of viewings - we have yet to have an official offer! We dropped our first estate agent as they considered 2 viewings in 4 weeks "good". Obviously, we are not on the same page.

Is anyone else selling a house? Anyone want to buy a house in lovely South Manchester?? :lol:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-155...=1&tr_t=buy

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, rifle in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "OOH RAA" what a ride.

Filed for citizenship 2006/08/10

NOA 2006/08/15

Bio 2006/09/07

Interview/test 2007/03/12 (passed)

Oath ceremony ?

12 July 2007 Filed I130

31 July 2007 NOA1

12 Aug 2007 NOA2

2 Sept 2007 Choice of agent form recieved

10 Sept 2007 Choice of agent form sent back

27 Sept 2007 application 4 immigrant visa recieved need to send $380 per person to NVC jeez louise.

28 Sept 2007 Money sent.

5 Oct 2007 AOS sent.

8 Dec 230 pt one and two sent plus all documentation needed

25 Jan case complete forwarded to embassy

27 Feb appoint letter arrives for 7 April 2008 yippee.

Timeline

Yeah well I found out last week that the dude that placed an offer on my house has gone off on holiday for a week :( So my agent is now telling me that he will talk to other investers to see if they are inmterested he assures me he can sell my house by the end of august :( I dont feel that confident now with him. I asked if he thought the other person was messing around and he told me no he does want to buy the house as he knows him well as an invester but he is just away at the moment - I dont know what to believe right now:( and my visa is only valid till december so I have to sell:( - anyone know what happens if we cant use our k1 visa by the date it expires? There is no option of me renting the house out as it is in need of total decorating and i dont have t he money for that hence selling at a low price.

Lina

You need to be a bit careful here. Sounds like your agent is trying to get a bit of gazumping going on. Personally if I have accepted an offer, I won't go back on it even if someone tries to offer more, because I would hate it if someone did that to me. This is partly why we have a completion date and no interview date! We agreed to sell, agreed a price and so we will go through with it even if we have to go into rented.

The second thing is a buyer getting a formal valuation or survey is one thing. I always get very nervous if a buyer starts to say he wants to bring a builder round. My answer is normally, if you want a formal survey, arrange one in the proper course. If you want to get a builder to give you quotes, do so after exchange of contracts before completion.

The other thing is to get a quote from the solicitor and to make sure you are happy with him and that you feel he is acting for you. Ask around friends or other locals for what other people in the area usually charge or speak to a couple of solicitors.

Only my opinion though.

Finally, packing up anything is stressful. Don't worry about it and don't forget to take time to laugh as well. The best bit is still to come.... Good luck.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

moment - I dont know what to believe right now:( and my visa is only valid till december so I have to sell:( - anyone know what happens if we cant use our k1 visa by the date it expires?

We looked into this as I also had one offer on the sale of my house fall through. (Another offer closed one month after I came to the US.) We tried to extend the K-1 visa expiry date but were told it was not possible. You either use it or lose it. I ended up using mine just two days before it expired. :o It's a fretful time so I feel your pain. Good thing your buyer is only gone for a week. Hopefully, you'll receive some good news shortly.

iagree.gif

We asked our agent about if it was possible for us to sell the house while we were aboard. He said it is no problem and we can fedex documents back and forth. People must do it all the time. So in our case, we would come over as planned and if we havent sold the house, we will just sell it from here.

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

We asked our agent about if it was possible for us to sell the house while we were aboard. He said it is no problem and we can fedex documents back and forth. People must do it all the time. So in our case, we would come over as planned and if we havent sold the house, we will just sell it from here.

Yes, that's correct. I signed all documents with my real estate lawyer before I left, and we communicated via email after that, with hard copies through the mail. I left a responsible relative in charge of the movers and the final clearing out of the house, and compensated them for their troubles. It's not the best thing to have happen but it's certainly not insurmountable.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If you have to do that just a word of caution. Try to us UPS they are slightly cheaper but still around $40 on way (from where I am). If there are forms to be signed have the agennt and/or solicitor send them to you as e-mail attachments and onl;y courier completed forms it is quicker and you save the courier charge.

The house we got in the US we never saw only on the internet and did everything online or by courier. Documents could be e-mailed to us one day and be signed and back on the west coast the day after we received them.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline

I wish i could do this but unfortunately i need the money from sale for the costs of shipping stuff and tickets and taking cats over:( So there is no question i have to sell no matter what:( even if it means loosing thousands on a buy house for cash deal - which really sucks: ohhh please pray someone buys the damn house lol

Lina

London Interview list

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Now you see I did something similar but I was upfront with my buyer. I told them I had a visa interview date in October (they made an offer at the start of September) and that I would not exchange contracts until I had the visa in my hands. Turns out they had to wait a couple of weeks longer than anticipated but they were very understanding.

We also came to a deal where they would give me full asking price and I would take the house off of the market.

Lina ~ I wouldn't panic too much about your buyer yet. Wait until he gets back from holiday (it's August, holidays at this time are normal) and see what he says. If he "umms" and "ahhs" put the house straight back onto the market. The average no-chain conveyancing on a house can be done in as little as two weeks although that isn't the norm. You can easily get it done in 6 weeks if you push the solicitors but you will HAVE to be quite upfront and pushy aswell. Don't let the solicitors dictate the time frame. Speak to the buyer through your Estate Agent (remember he is working for YOU) and decide on a time frame then enforce it with the solicitors.

Timeline
Now you see I did something similar but I was upfront with my buyer. I told them I had a visa interview date in October (they made an offer at the start of September) and that I would not exchange contracts until I had the visa in my hands. Turns out they had to wait a couple of weeks longer than anticipated but they were very understanding.

We did the same accepted on offer on the understanding we couldn't exchange contracts until we had the visa.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

• 2 weeks later...
So, now that we have our interview date and our medical is tomorrow - everything should be going in the right direction.

BUT my biggest stress is trying to sell our house! I am still hopeful for a Fall wedding, but our house has been on the market for about 6 weeks and although we have had lots of viewings - we have yet to have an official offer! We dropped our first estate agent as they considered 2 viewings in 4 weeks "good". Obviously, we are not on the same page.

Is anyone else selling a house? Anyone want to buy a house in lovely South Manchester?? :lol:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-155...=1&tr_t=buy

we are also selling our house in hastings florida... if you are interested please click this link::: http://www.paradiseofdoggies.com/3/miscellaneous7.htm

visit my blog: www.louellaskinner.blogspot.com and please pm me so that i can add your blog to mine...

Timeline

I put my UK house up for sale in May and I have reduced it twice (3% each time) and still only had one viewer..

The estate agent is the biggest operator on the estate

Nice house - 12 years old and detached in a nice position by the marina

Mine is not selling and nobody else's is either..

The market has stopped. So anyone who has sold can think themselves lucky.

I see a 3 year housing recession and I will have to rent it out so it is kept warm in winter and the property taxes are paid and the lawns are cut - all at someone elses expense.. That is IF I can find a tenant. They are drying up because everyone is having to rent out

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.