aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

but I think mike should get the visa! Thats why they told to check on the medical. I think he is good! as soon as its taken care of visa will be issued!

in other news! This is the latest email I got! This is the second time they sent me the exact same email!

Dear Sir,

A search of our files indicates that this case is still undergoing additional

necessary administrative processing as part of the security clearance procedure.

Visa applicants affected by additional screening should expect delays before the

case is concluded. It is difficult to predict the amount of time that the

clearance process will take. As soon as it is complete, we will contact the

applicant for continued processing of the visa application.

Thanks

IV Unit

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
but I think mike should get the visa! Thats why they told to check on the medical. I think he is good! as soon as its taken care of visa will be issued!

in other news! This is the latest email I got! This is the second time they sent me the exact same email!

Dear Sir,

A search of our files indicates that this case is still undergoing additional

necessary administrative processing as part of the security clearance procedure.

Visa applicants affected by additional screening should expect delays before the

case is concluded. It is difficult to predict the amount of time that the

clearance process will take. As soon as it is complete, we will contact the

applicant for continued processing of the visa application.

Thanks

IV Unit

They better hurry up and stop dilly dycking around! we all want the dayum visas.. hang in there.

Javed got this e mail on Friday....

Dear Sir,

Our records indicate that we did receive the documents from the applicant but those haven't been reviewed yet. You are requested to contact our office after 10-12 days in order to further inquire about your case.

Thanks

IV Unit

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

MikeH, Never knew the exact name of the interview; now I do called the Stokes. I sure think it does look good that they are requesting for the medical info. I know you both want a break and breather from this immigration process.

Michigan sorry to hear that your still getting the run around as well. Sure wish we all would get good news now. Hang in there!

Shon I hope Javed gets his call soon on the CR1. Your on the downhill now girl. Hang in there too. Just little longer and then he will get that call. COME ON DOWN, here for your shiny new visa. :D

No matter where you are hope you have good news or things going on with your lives and processing.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salaam alay kum,

Hope everyone is doing good,

I think i have good news, but i dont know, :unsure:

Any suggestions would be appriciated, I just received an I-130 approval in the mail, and our interview is on april 28th for the k-3 visa, inshallah, :D . what should we do?? go on with the k-3, or use the I-130.

I have already purchased my plane tickets and everything else also.

so i am thinking of just going ahead with the k-3 instead of waiting for the I-130 interview, what does everyone think?

W/salaam,

Rmash

Your choice..

if your wife comes on k-3 she will have to go though the AOS process

thats pretty much like starting over. this process can take 6 months or longer. she would have to apply or EAD, AP etc...it maybe wise to mention that AR/AP can also happen while waiting AOS. takes 5 years

to become a US a citizen.

if you take the Cr1 option which can add a few months but in the end she wont have to AOS < adjust status > she will be free to work, travel and anything else. this also will allow her to be US citizen in 3 years.

what you can do this is what I would recommend.

Continue with the K-3 and still persue the I-130 CR1.

when your case CR1 case reaches the embassy ask them to make it the

CR1 interview instead of K-3.

also the fact you are bringing over a female. you wont have any problems in the embassy. now when you get to the USA.. you could have a whole new set of problems - with AOS. read MIKE . H postings

we persued K-3 visa. because I valued my husbands mentality.

it was expressed to me that it was better to wait out the Cr1 process.

my congressman said my husband facing AP/AR in the USA was a certainty. so we abandoned the k-3 after our interivews and field investiations.

so far the case made it fairly quick to the embassy.

whatever you decided I think I gave you enought to meditate on.

any questions?

for those reading this postings. if you are married over 2 years.

your CR1 becomes IR1 < 5 years green card >

you wont have to AOS or Remove condtions < CR1 must remove condtions >

shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It is your choice brother however CR1 will take at least 4/5 more months from the date NVC will assign you a number.

If you are impatiently waiting for your spouse (as most of Pakistani husbands do) then let her come on Visa and adjust the status here in America. I think you guys are not in rush (as most of the desi couples) that she will start her carrier, as soon she will arrive here. Different people have different priorities but I think desi couples (both husband and wife from Pakistani background prefer to get the visa and start a peaceful marriage life instead of waiting again).

In my opinion go for interview as you already arranged everything and let Parwardigar (Allah) decide what will be good for you and your wife.

May Lord Almighty helps you. Best of luck !!!

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Timeline
Salaam alay kum,

Any suggestions would be appriciated, I just received an I-130 approval in the mail, and our interview is on april 28th for the k-3 visa, inshallah, :D . what should we do?? go on with the k-3, or use the I-130.

so i am thinking of just going ahead with the k-3 instead of waiting for the I-130 interview, what does everyone think?

W/salaam,

Rmash

Rmash,

That is great news your I-130 is approved. I will say continue on with the K3 but know that once the CR1 reaches the embassy they can or will cancel your K3. This happened to us. You can still interivew on the 28th but they may not issue the visa and make you submit the rest of the CR1 stuff and wait it out. I am not saying this will happen for sure but the CR1 takes prescedence over the K3. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Good luck man !! :thumbs:

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Salaam alay kum,

W/salaam,

Rmash

Rmash,

That is great news your I-130 is approved. I will say continue on with the K3 but know that once the CR1 reaches the embassy they can or will cancel your K3. This happened to us. You can still interivew on the 28th but they may not issue the visa and make you submit the rest of the CR1 stuff and wait it out. I am not saying this will happen for sure but the CR1 takes prescedence over the K3. Good luck.

Mary

adding this - if you already interviewed for K-3 and the CR1 is comming to the embassy they will NOT cancell your K-3. intead they will combine the two. its a certainty, that your K-3 will be given.

since you want to persue the K-3. from this point dont pay any more fees towards the K-3. you will start to get Aff david off support fee bill. 70.00 < ignore this > save this paper for a rainy day.

instead pay the fees towards the Adustment of status when she arrives. I dont think she will be on AR/AP.

none of the ladies comming over get this. Only the men comming over most of the time get the AR/AP treatment.

shon.gif

Timeline

Good luck to you and Javed. Looks like visa will be coming by courrier soon.

Timeline

Shon & Mary,

You guys really deserve a visa now. I am sure both of you have a very happy reunion soon after such long hellish immigration journey.

But one thing is clear that US has double standards for Pakistan. On one hand Pakistan and US are allies both of ‘em are part of War against terrorism however on other hand US has tight security issue against Pakistani immigration/non Immigration Visa applicants.

This whole thing is not understandable.

Best of luck.

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.