aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
freeni, that is soooo bad to hear. :( ,

but cheer up inshallah, allah (swt) has someone better planned in your life.

my wife's I-129f got approved, on the 22nd of feb :) and it was sent to the NVC. and i have a couple of questions. please.

1. the approval notice is good for only 4 months, right.

2. Do you think we will have an interview date by begining or mid may. ( can we request a certain interview date) :D

I need to let my employer know what weeks i need off, so i can go to our interview.

3. do women usually go thru the AR too.

4. what can i do to speed up the process of getting an interview date asap.

jazakallah khair in advance,

1. No Clue

2.Last year quite a few of us were able to expedite the interview date by just faxing/showing up at the emabssy that we were in pakistan and wanted to take our wives with us.....give that a try but as mary said embassy is very busy and quite backed up these days.....

3.I havent heard of anyone going thru AR

4.You can talk to the embassy, fax them, have your congressman's office fax....you can do all this but there is not guarantee that it will happen.....

Good Luck!

Edited by us1415

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Freeni,

Oah, it is sad but don’t worry everything will be all right soon.

May Lord Almighty helps you and resolve all your problems.

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

just an update on our situation since i haven't posted in a while....

as far as the K-3 goes, my husband received packet 3 (or 3.5?) last week. his interview is scheduled for April 7, 2006!!! we are both very happy and excited to hear the good news!!!

this is the list that we have compiled so far for the K-3 interview:

- DS-156 (2 forms)

- DS-157

- birth certificate

- marriage certificate

- evidence of relationship

- I-134 (myself & sponsor)

- 2005 federal tax return

- job letter

- evidence of assets

- passport

- medical report

- police clearance

- photos for visa

- $100 visa fee

is there anything missing from the above list? i will send two I-134's to my husband, one will be mine, and the other will be my brothers, who is the co-sponsor. will my brother and i need to send 3 years federal tax forms or just 2005's?

will my husband need to send any of the documents on the list right now, or does he just need to have everything on the list ready when he goes for his interview?

i hope everyone else is doing well!!!

by the way, i still don't know if we should continue with the I-130, since we now have an interview date for K-3 visa......any thoughts on whether or not we should still pursue the I-130???

regards,

molly

TIMELINE

10/24/05 I-130 package sent

11/02/05 I-130 NOA1

11/14/05 I-129f package sent

11/22/05 I-129f NOA1

12/12/05 I-130 RFE

12/20/05 I-130 RFE sent

01/04/06 I-129f RFE

01/05/06 I-129f RFE sent

01/10/06 I-130 approved online

01/12/06 NVC receives case

01/13/06 NVC assigns case #

01/20/06 I-129f approved online

01/27/06 AOS bill received

01/28/06 AOS bill sent

01/30/06 DS-3032 received

02/04/06 DS-3032 sent

02/06/06 NVC sent I-129f to embassy

02/15/06 AOS form received

02/18/06 IV bill received

02/24/06 Pckt 3 recvd from embassy

03/??/06 IV bill sent

04/07/06 Interview for K-3 @embassy

04/07/06 Put on AR/AP review

04/30/06 NVC fwds case (I-130/CR1) to embassy

11/17/06 Embassy sends letter for CR1 Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
by the way, i still don't know if we should continue with the I-130, since we now have an interview date for K-3 visa......any thoughts on whether or not we should still pursue the I-130???

regards,

molly

Hey Molly - don't know what to tell you about the sponsor, but the rest of your list looks good. I would tell the husband to take an extra $100 or so to the embassy "just in case" they want to take a full set of fingerprints. I would definitely continue in your I-130 also, - you never know, they just might switch the interview to a CR-1 if the case is complete and at the Embassy on that day.

Good Luck!

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

we have to go for 2nd interview for AOS. looks like if you are paki, they consider you guilty, unless proven innocent. the letter says that the interview will be video taped. i think i have to dress up really nice.we never had any problem at Islamabad.

i-751 filed at CSC

NOA received dated March7, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mike good luck on second interview.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline
we have to go for 2nd interview for AOS. looks like if you are paki, they consider you guilty, unless proven innocent. the letter says that the interview will be video taped. i think i have to dress up really nice.we never had any problem at Islamabad.

now mike you had 2 AOS interviews?

dayum are you serious :(??? I am sorry mike. I want Javed to come here on CR1 this AOS

stuff is a big a$z hassle. K-3 is operation waste time. I could see it being a benifit perhaps

to avoid all this wait. but, since its not doing what it said it would do. I certainly, am glad to

be going CR1.

oh wait .. i rember last time they lost your paper work.

they are putting you and your wife through some He11. I am so sorry :(

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

dayum are you serious :(??? I am sorry mike. I want Javed to come here on CR1 this AOS

stuff is a big a$z hassle. K-3 is operation waste time. I could see it being a benifit perhaps

to avoid all this wait. but, since its not doing what it said it would do. I certainly, am glad to

be going CR1.

how common is this??? was anyone else's interview videotaped???

Edited: I just checked out your timeline Mike and realized this 2nd interview is here in the states, right?

Edited by Omid

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Filed: Timeline

I wanted to take the time to wish each one of you good news this comming week. maybe if we are good little boys and girls we can finally get out of AR/AP he11. hopefully, the embassy truely is done with partying with bush. we all need them dayum visas- NOW. so hang in there kids! lets all pray we get a good week!

I am feeling a bit better - but. gonna be out of commission later today.

gotta take some meds that will knock me out

shon.gif

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

be going CR1.

how common is this??? was anyone else's interview videotaped???

Edited: I just checked out your timeline Mike and realized this 2nd interview is here in the states, right?

2nd interview with video tape is very un-common. usually done when there is a doubt. but we r really married for good.so i would'nt worry.

i-751 filed at CSC

NOA received dated March7, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.