Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

2001-2004 taxes.. Dont be giving them any ideas, Im still waiting on a w-2/2005. :blink:

Do they send the "bring your passport" letter via courrier?? MO you out there??

The shuttle: haha, yah he told them he could be down there in two hours :lol:

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations on your CR1 case completion Shon. Off to the embassy and hopefully Javed will have visa in hand shortly now.

:dance:

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Great news Shon ....

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Way to go!! Its about time Shon! Best of luck to you both. <psssst...I'm jealous... :yes:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Way to go!! Its about time Shon! Best of luck to you both. <psssst...I'm jealous... :yes:

Morocc. I am sending MOJO your way. but, first he has to deliver my case File to the embassy. :lol:

Oh I can wait that long!!! Give us the scoop? How did you found out? What now??

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

The embassy has asked to bring the following items at the time of the interview:

The Interview letter

Wedding photographs and any additional proof of an ongoing maritial relationship (such as photos, letters, phone bills, etc)

If $335 fee has already been paid on your behalf at the NVC in the US, you have to pay an additional $45.

The Passport

My questions are the followings:

What aditional proof of relationship other than letters and phone bills people have taken to their interviews? I usually use phone cards for phone conversations and sms & chat for other conversations so don't have emails or phone bills.

Second, I paid the $45 fee at NVC as well. Is this some other kind of fee that they are asking or same fee and I need to inform them that I have already paid it?

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.