aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
salaam,

Need some help please....... :help:

My husband is getting his documents together and he got his birth certificate, but there is a problem.

His last name is spelled incorrectly and it doesn't have his whole name on there either. His birth date is correct and his father's name is correct.........so what can he do to get this resolved?? ( this is his first time seeing the BC..wow)

He is not sure of what can be done to get this resolved, I need some guidance on this matter.

Thanks

Aisha

From an email from the Embassy (because we are having b.c. problems for my husband also two sworn statements from parents or older family members, {or} an educational document would suffice.

I spoke with people in Lahore and they said you just need to go to a "grade 1" and have the affidavit sworn by the relatives, or also, the embassy informed me if they have relatives from abroad they can send the notarized copy from where they are. If you let me know your area I can find out where the nearest grade 1 is for you. Any more assistance on this, I'll be glad to help!

I really do appreciate the help, thanks!

Well, my husband is from Rawalpindi. I know that his ID , passport and everything else that I know of.....has the correct name and spelling, but not his B.C. :no: , so he would need to have like his 2 oldest brothers make a sworn statement of his name?? is this correct?

Anywho, he told me that he would ask his oldest bro of where he would need to go or what to do to get corrected and I told my husband that I would ask here as well for some guidance.

thanks

Aisha

That's great, yeah, his two older brothers would be just fine. My husband NEVER had a b.c. period....he went to the military hospital last year to get it and they were all destroyed.....ugh. Anyway, at least there's a way out! I would also (just cause with this visa process I'd rather be over prepared) have him include educational documents....can't hurt. Is he working on his 3.5?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sallam,

My Fiance had her interview today. It didn't go as well as we had expected. The Visa Officer ask her a few simple questions and then told her it would take an additional 6Wks for processing and they would ask her to mail her Passport to the Embassy at a later date when they are finished with the case.

I know back in Feb. they said there was a huge delay in FBI Name Checks, could this be the possible reason for the delay?

She answered all the questions fine and when she attempted to show more evidence of on-going relationship, the VO said we have enough proof we just need to wait for another 6Wks. So, this tells me everything on our end is good they are just waiting for there internal/FBI process to be complete. Any info would be helpful.

I was only able to have a short convo w/ my fiance but will talk more in detail this afternoon and will update you all.

gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline

Salam Gohar,

Sorry to hear about AP, I was wondering you would be celebrating and planning to go to Pakistan. I hope your AP gets done early. Good Luck!

And please update us on the interview questions.

Thanks!

Sallam,

My Fiance had her interview today. It didn't go as well as we had expected. The Visa Officer ask her a few simple questions and then told her it would take an additional 6Wks for processing and they would ask her to mail her Passport to the Embassy at a later date when they are finished with the case.

I know back in Feb. they said there was a huge delay in FBI Name Checks, could this be the possible reason for the delay?

She answered all the questions fine and when she attempted to show more evidence of on-going relationship, the VO said we have enough proof we just need to wait for another 6Wks. So, this tells me everything on our end is good they are just waiting for there internal/FBI process to be complete. Any info would be helpful.

I was only able to have a short convo w/ my fiance but will talk more in detail this afternoon and will update you all.

gohar

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Gohar,

Ladies have been AR/AP since the middle of last year. There is a new security check that is affecting the ladies cases now. The new check is called Material Support and it makes sure that ladies or their families have not or are not supporting terrorists groups. This is very simplified explaination. I hope that her AR/AP is done with soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Gohar,

Ladies have been AR/AP since the middle of last year. There is a new security check that is affecting the ladies cases now. The new check is called Material Support and it makes sure that ladies or their families have not or are not supporting terrorists groups. This is very simplified explaination. I hope that her AR/AP is done with soon.

Mary

Thanks alot! I will update with the interview questions as soon as possible.

How long does this usually take?

Her mother and father both hold a US Green Card and have 2 Sisters in the US, 1 of which is a US Citizen and has been in the US for about 8 or 9yrs now and the other has been in US for 2yrs now and hold the 10yr Green Card now. I was hoping with her mother and father status this would be easier, but obviously not! :-(

thanks for your help Mary!

gohar

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline

Gohar, not sure of how long it will take since it is considered AR/AP and no time limit for it to complete. I know of a few ladies it was couple of weeks before they had their visas. Right now one lady last name is Khan is stuck with name check that has been going on a long time.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Gohar sorry to hear about your fiance AP/AR. I hope she gets her visa very soon inshallah. Just curiosity, Did she travel outside the country lately like dubai or middle eastern states?

asmo

Gohar, Hang in there it will be all fine. Let them do wotever they need to do. These are all security measures they r taking and as long as we have clean records it will be cleared. Please do let us know about the interview questions.

Edited by ayaz

Timeline
Gohar sorry to hear about your fiance AP/AR. I hope she gets her visa very soon inshallah. Just curiosity, Did she travel outside the country lately like dubai or middle eastern states?

asmo

Gohar, Hang in there it will be all fine. Let them do wotever they need to do. These are all security measures they r taking and as long as we have clean records it will be cleared. Please do let us know about the interview questions.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Ayaz,

My Fiance has never left Pakistan. She got her passport in May of '07 and has been in Lahore, Pakistan ever since, except for the 2 trips to Islamabad (1st - medical, 2nd - interview).

The only thing I think could have delayed it is that I have traveled alot the past 2 years for my company. This could have triggered something in the system when they looked at my passport or however they check my history. I have been to London (once), Copenhagen, Denmark (sevaral times), Malmo, Sweden (Several times), Stockholm, Sweden (Several times), and Malaysia (once). This high amount of traveling I think has extended the FBI or whatever Check they do on me. Everyone of these trips has been for Business purposes.

Inshalla, soon this will be over! they say 6wks hopefully it is JUST that! not too much more!

gohar

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline
That's great, yeah, his two older brothers would be just fine. My husband NEVER had a b.c. period....he went to the military hospital last year to get it and they were all destroyed.....ugh. Anyway, at least there's a way out! I would also (just cause with this visa process I'd rather be over prepared) have him include educational documents....can't hurt. Is he working on his 3.5?

I wish it was his 3.5, but no. These are the documents for the ds230 and has to be sent to NVC. We are trying to get everything together ahead of time.

So, let me get this right

1) he would need to have sworn affadavits done by his 2 eldest bro's

2) also, it would help to have any educational diplomas with the correct spelling

If he gets those done, then he could submit them instead of his B.C.? Would that be sufficient enough for NVC?

I will let him know and thanks for the help gori

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline
Sallam,

gohar

Walikumsalaam GoharRabia,

I am sorry to hear that you have to wait 6 more weeks , before you know for sure if your fiancee is coming to you or not. I pray that it will go fast and she will be here with you soon.....Insha Allaah!!!

Aisha

Edited by ♥ QaSiM--aIsHa

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Just wondering, how do you know that NVC needs the birth certificate. They use to ask for birth certificate at the embassy not at the NVC. NVC is making changes to their procedure, so you might be right.

Sallam,

gohar

Walikumsalaam GoharRabia,

I am sorry to hear that you have to wait 6 more weeks , before you know for sure if your fiancee is coming to you or not. I pray that it will go fast and she will be here with you soon.....Insha Allaah!!!

Aisha

Timeline
Sallam,

gohar

Sallam,

First thing she did was FINGERPRINT.

Here are the questions they asked my Fiance:

Pakistani Visa Officer asked the following:

• How did you meet your Fiance?
  • Were you ever involved with Terrorist organization?

30-minutes later a US (White) Visa Office asked the following:

• What does your Fiance do for work?
  • What does his compnay do?
  • What University did your Fiance go to?
  • What did your Fiance study?
  • What has your Fiance told you about NC?

Then a lady gave my Fiance a BLUE Slip and told her Congratulations, you have received your Visa but it will take a MAXIMUM of 6 Weeks to complete "SOMETHING", my fiance doesn't remember exactly but I'm sure its a background search of some sort. She said the AMEX will call you in about 6 weeks to let you know that you need to mail your passport back to the Embassy.

Thanks for all the support. I will keep you all updated!

gohar

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.