aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats, so much to you Khurrum Very happy to hear that inshallah your wife will be with you very soon.

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Khurram,

You know I sent you my Congrats earlier, so allow me to Congratulate you and your dear wife in this thread. No more dismal Mondays for you. (L) (L) (F) (F)

:dance: :dance: CONGRATULATIONS !!! :dance: :dance:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had a question i am filing for AOS, EAD & AP. If I look at these petitions individually it means i had to give 06 pictures of mine as 02 for each. Will u please let me know do i had to give 02 pictures of mine for all these petitions or do i have to submit 06 pictures. Looking forward for your kind response THANKS

God bless us all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
congrates khurrram bhai,wish u all the best for future too.

ANYONE HERE APPLYING FOR THEIR SPOUSE WHO'S NOT AN IMMIGRANT TO THE U.S.??? Also, how does the Embassy send their #######...TCS?

Here's to those in the process....and to those who have made it through the fire.

Timeline

ANYONE HERE APPLYING FOR THEIR SPOUSE WHO'S NOT AN IMMIGRANT TO THE U.S.??? Also, how does the Embassy send their #######...TCS?

Here's to those in the process....and to those who have made it through the fire.

Alright, I'm sorry, I know I'm obnoxious....I'm just trying to sort between the information between here and what i've been told via the u.s. website and other sources. Will someone tell me what the process is now that the case is in PK? I know the packet 3.5 has been sent (on the 30th). What is in it? What will it require of us? And what follows....I thought I read on here Packet 4? what is in that and what is required? We just want to make sure we have everything we need to and get it as soon as we can. So far we've not had any hang ups in the process (all paperwork has been done correctly and such) and we'd like to keep it that way. THANK YOU FOR ANYTHING !

thats great, mashallah. YOu have waited for a while.

I have a question. If a person wants to bring their mom or sister to US during their pregnancy. How would they do that. Just for a visit during this time. THank a bunch.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My wife picked up the Visa today :dance:

Khurram, congrats again!! Good luck to both of you!!

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

Congrats, so much to you Khurrum Very happy to hear that inshallah your wife will be with you very soon.

Thank you!!

Khurram,

You know I sent you my Congrats earlier, so allow me to Congratulate you and your dear wife in this thread. No more dismal Mondays for you. (L) (L) (F) (F)

:dance: :dance: CONGRATULATIONS !!! :dance: :dance:

Yup and as always I appreciate what you have done for me

Congrats Khuram, Good luck with the rest of the process. :thumbs:

My wife picked up the Visa today :dance:

Thank you

Embassy send their stuff to the beneficiaries home using American Express courier. I know Mary wasn't an immigrant but she has been tied with her Kid being sick.

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Timeline

I have a question. If a person wants to bring their mom or sister to US during their pregnancy. How would they do that. Just for a visit during this time. THank a bunch.

You'd have to apply for a visitor visa.....

Timeline

You'd have to apply for a visitor visa.....

and also send a letter with intent accompanied by a I-134 that they will not be a burden

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
:dance::dance: My wife got a call from the American Express to come tomorrow and pick her visa up! :dance::dance:

Congratulations Khurram!! :jest:

I have been watching your timeline. I couldn't believe they'd drag your wife's K3 for so long even after the interview. As they say, there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Many Congrats!

Timeline
Congratulations Khurram!! :jest:

I have been watching your timeline. I couldn't believe they'd drag your wife's K3 for so long even after the interview. As they say, there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Many Congrats!

Thanks buddy, how is your wife holding up?

Good luck toy you and now start preparing for AOS and EAD

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Timeline

Packet 3.5 asks for the following docs: (except for the medical reports which have to be only taken on the interview)

1. Form DS-230 Part I and II

2. (a) Birth certificate (original and one photocopy)

( English translations (same)

3. (a) Marriage certificate (original and one photocopy)

4. (a) Death certificate (original and one photocopy)

5. (a) Divorce Cerficate if previously married. (original and one photocopy)

6. (a) Applicants who have submitted Affidavit of Support to the National Visa Center must submit in writing that the submission was already made.

( If not you must submit Original Form I-864 and if need of co sponsor theirs as well and all supporting documents.

7. Photocopy of your passport (Valid for one year from teh anticipated visa interview date)

8. Medical Examination Report (Must be preformed by one of the listed approved panel physicans in booklet)

9. Photographs (Two according to specifications in your booklet)

10. (a) Police Certificate from your local police jurisdiction

( Police Certificate from all countries where you have lived for one year or more since the age of 16 (note this does not apply to the USA or Afghanistan)

My packet 3.5 was sent on 24th Oct according to the embassy but the TCS stamp said 30th Oct. So just wait for it to come. It takes about a week.

Packet 4 contains the interview letter. This will come AFTER u submit Packet 3.5 docs to the embassy.

Alright, I'm sorry, I know I'm obnoxious....I'm just trying to sort between the information between here and what i've been told via the u.s. website and other sources. Will someone tell me what the process is now that the case is in PK? I know the packet 3.5 has been sent (on the 30th). What is in it? What will it require of us? And what follows....I thought I read on here Packet 4? what is in that and what is required? We just want to make sure we have everything we need to and get it as soon as we can. So far we've not had any hang ups in the process (all paperwork has been done correctly and such) and we'd like to keep it that way. THANK YOU FOR ANYTHING !

Timeline
Packet 3.5 asks for the following docs: (except for the medical reports which have to be only taken on the interview)

1. Form DS-230 Part I and II

2. (a) Birth certificate (original and one photocopy)

3. (a) Marriage certificate (original and one photocopy)

4. (a) Death certificate (original and one photocopy)

5. (a) Divorce Cerficate if previously married. (original and one photocopy)

6. (a) Applicants who have submitted Affidavit of Support to the National Visa Center must submit in writing that the submission was already made.

( If not you must submit Original Form I-864 and if need of co sponsor theirs as well and all supporting documents.

7. Photocopy of your passport (Valid for one year from teh anticipated visa interview date)

8. Medical Examination Report (Must be preformed by one of the listed approved panel physicans in booklet)

9. Photographs (Two according to specifications in your booklet)

10. (a) Police Certificate from your local police jurisdiction

( Police Certificate from all countries where you have lived for one year or more since the age of 16 (note this does not apply to the USA or Afghanistan)

My packet 3.5 was sent on 24th Oct according to the embassy but the TCS stamp said 30th Oct. So just wait for it to come. It takes about a week.

Packet 4 contains the interview letter. This will come AFTER u submit Packet 3.5 docs to the embassy.

THANKS That's crazy though, they already have 2/3 of that we sent to NVC....it costs 25$ just to send paperwork from there to here and now you have to do it again!! Stupid immigration system...no wonder people come in and stay illegally!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.