NSD

US embassy Ghana interview update.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello.  Since there has been so little information lately regarding interview status in Ghana, I thought I would share my info.

My wife is petitioning for her parents to come to the U.S. under an IR-5 visa.  Her mom was DQ'ed on 10/29/2020.  Her dad was DQ'ed on 1/12/2021 (simply because a different agent processed each application).

Well yesterday (10/20/2022) we finally got the Interview email!  Evidently they combined both applicants together and both are scheduled for an interview on 12/19/2022.

So for those counting, that Interview date is almost 26 months from the DQ date of her mother.

I suspect most people here are concerned about IR1/IR2 visa's, but I suspect the timeline is pretty close to IR5.

Hope that helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, bunky623 said:

Hello.  Since there has been so little information lately regarding interview status in Ghana, I thought I would share my info.

My wife is petitioning for her parents to come to the U.S. under an IR-5 visa.  Her mom was DQ'ed on 10/29/2020.  Her dad was DQ'ed on 1/12/2021 (simply because a different agent processed each application).

Well yesterday (10/20/2022) we finally got the Interview email!  Evidently they combined both applicants together and both are scheduled for an interview on 12/19/2022.

So for those counting, that Interview date is almost 26 months from the DQ date of her mother.

I suspect most people here are concerned about IR1/IR2 visa's, but I suspect the timeline is pretty close to IR5.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much

Timeline
42 minutes ago, bunky623 said:

Hope that helps.

Thanks. This is very helpful.

Timeline
On 10/16/2022 at 10:50 AM, S&J@2020 said:

They're doing October 2020 DQs.

If this info is true then it's very pathetic...The embassy in Ghana by recent video on youtube  have reduce visitors visa  to less than 6months...whiles immediate families of us citizens are waiting for more 2yrs  just be schedule for interview after dq, i wonder the waiting times for the other iv categories...smh.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pp gray said:

If this info is true then it's very pathetic...The embassy in Ghana by recent video on youtube  have reduce visitors visa  to less than 6months...whiles immediate families of us citizens are waiting for more 2yrs  just be schedule for interview after dq, i wonder the waiting times for the other iv categories...smh.

Yes, I heard the last batch of October interview letters were sent out this week and their interviews are in December. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/9/2022 at 4:40 PM, Miracle Baby said:

Hello folks, pls is there any news about November DQ?

From their page it looks like they are using priority dates to schedule for interviews 

31308F1C-6364-4C32-BCDB-1488F553E671.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.