Annie+Mike

DENIED!!!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Annie+Mike, I'm all for humanity. But when traveling to another country you're always subject to local laws. What may be legal at home may get you into prison, or even worse on other areas of this world. You're from a civilized and rich country, I'm sure you have immigration laws, too. You don't have to be scared in Ireland, you won't have to starve. I have some sympathy with refugees who literally run for their lives, who don't have another option. But honestly, you should have known that you can't just stay in another country indefinitely, the rich countries on this planet need to protect themselves from being flood by millions of people. And I don't think that love is an excuse anywhere. I would've reacted differently had you been married already. My fiancee and I got to learn the laws of both of our countries to see what our options are, because we also didn't want to jeopardize our future and then later have to tell ourselves that we were just plain stupid, that we should've done some research. But seriously, if you're banned and you can't overturn the ban then that's not the end of the world. Why not live in Ireland with your future husband for a while. But don't be as stupid (sorry, I have to use this word) as you were in the US and forget to research your options in Ireland, what the immigration laws regulate there.

:thumbs: totally agree

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I entered the stated on 7th November 2002- at that time I was on a 90 day holiday visa that all europeans get which would have allowed me to be in the states Legally until 6th february 2003- I didn't leave the states until 3rd february 2004 which means that I overstayed by 362 days. However the embassy are including the 90 days in their calculations which puts me being in the states for 452 days.

Annie, if your overstay was 362 days and they made a mistake DO SOMETHING. Schedule a phone or email consult with one of the attorneys listed above an GET SOME HELP. Wouldn't you rather get this cleared up immediately than go through the waiver process? What are you waiting for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.