Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

523 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my husband. Are you guys flying back together or are you flying separately on your own? 

Together. 🥰 And it means so much to me.

How is NVC stage going? Are you DQ'd yet?

1 hour ago, MarmiteC said:

Not quite, having some difficulties with waiting for the documents so we can submit them. My husband had to get a new copy of his birth certificate, because due to his mum passing, his dad, who is a lowlife wouldn’t have a single clue where she would have kept it. She was kind of a hoarder, and we’re still waiting on the police certificate at the moment. Hopefully that’ll come this week. My mum and I have to do our taxes this evening so that I can do my portion. It’s all coming together though we’re just kind of waiting for things to come in the mail. But as soon as everything comes in, him and I will sit down together and do his application.

On 9/12/2023 at 1:02 AM, DaniandChris said:

Not quite, having some difficulties with waiting for the documents so we can submit them. My husband had to get a new copy of his birth certificate, because due to his mum passing, his dad, who is a lowlife wouldn’t have a single clue where she would have kept it. She was kind of a hoarder, and we’re still waiting on the police certificate at the moment. Hopefully that’ll come this week. My mum and I have to do our taxes this evening so that I can do my portion. It’s all coming together though we’re just kind of waiting for things to come in the mail. But as soon as everything comes in, him and I will sit down together and do his application.

My case status says at NVC after the DQ’d, when will it move to the embassy. 

4 minutes ago, Peter and Tam said:

My case status says at NVC after the DQ’d, when will it move to the embassy. 

After the interview is scheduled.  Not sure how long that is at your consulate?

On 9/11/2023 at 4:49 PM, MarmiteC said:

Oh, I wanted to ask you roughly how much did it cost for your medical visit? My husband and I are just wondering. And how much did they really do at the medical visit? Thanks!

1 hour ago, DaniandChris said:

Oh, I wanted to ask you roughly how much did it cost for your medical visit? My husband and I are just wondering. And how much did they really do at the medical visit? Thanks!

Medical was base price £370, then I had to pay for one vaccine (Hep B) and a blood titer test for chicken pox. All in came to £480. 

You kind of speed date 3 different medical professionals. They cycle people through in different orders, I saw the vaccine nurse first who went through my vaccine history etc and agreed the shot I was getting, then I went to chest X-ray, and finally to the Dr who made me undress the top half, wear a gown, went through my medical history, poked and prodded me all over, took blood pressure and also drew bloods for the tests.

I wasn't with any of them very long, with around 5 mins waiting in between seeing each of them. I think in total I was there less than 90 minutes. 

When I add in the travel and hotel costs also it was not a cheap day 😂 I managed to get a tetanus booster and MMR on the NHS a few days before luckily so that saved me quite a bit.

Did your husband's police and birth certificates arrive?

I was DQ'd a while ago, but just received an RFE for my wife's domicile (we're living together overseas, and have been for the last 10 years). Struggling to figure out what evidence they want - can show US bank accounts, still a registered voter, uses parents mailing address for statements etc. Unfortunately her US driver's licence expired a couple of years ago, and she never got around to renewing, so can't show that. What else can we do to satisfy the domcile requirements? We're going to be registering the kids to go to school there, but can't do that until Feb when the registration window opens up. Anyone else had this issue? Or any tips?

15 minutes ago, bencdxb said:

I was DQ'd a while ago, but just received an RFE for my wife's domicile (we're living together overseas, and have been for the last 10 years). Struggling to figure out what evidence they want - can show US bank accounts, still a registered voter, uses parents mailing address for statements etc. Unfortunately her US driver's licence expired a couple of years ago, and she never got around to renewing, so can't show that. What else can we do to satisfy the domcile requirements? We're going to be registering the kids to go to school there, but can't do that until Feb when the registration window opens up. Anyone else had this issue? Or any tips?

I think your DQ’d still stands what you have to do is to upload the documents establishing the place of domicile. In most people post that I saw in other forums, people were saying you can get a vote records or registration which states the address on it. Also bank documents and even your in-laws can also write a sworn in letter to testify that she lives in their address. Something like that but you can also get a professional advice because this is just my thoughts and like I said earlier on some of the responses from other forums. 

8 minutes ago, Peter and Tam said:

I think your DQ’d still stands what you have to do is to upload the documents establishing the place of domicile. In most people post that I saw in other forums, people were saying you can get a vote records or registration which states the address on it. Also bank documents and even your in-laws can also write a sworn in letter to testify that she lives in their address. Something like that but you can also get a professional advice because this is just my thoughts and like I said earlier on some of the responses from other forums. 

Thank you

19 hours ago, MarmiteC said:

Medical was base price £370, then I had to pay for one vaccine (Hep B) and a blood titer test for chicken pox. All in came to £480. 

You kind of speed date 3 different medical professionals. They cycle people through in different orders, I saw the vaccine nurse first who went through my vaccine history etc and agreed the shot I was getting, then I went to chest X-ray, and finally to the Dr who made me undress the top half, wear a gown, went through my medical history, poked and prodded me all over, took blood pressure and also drew bloods for the tests.

I wasn't with any of them very long, with around 5 mins waiting in between seeing each of them. I think in total I was there less than 90 minutes. 

When I add in the travel and hotel costs also it was not a cheap day 😂 I managed to get a tetanus booster and MMR on the NHS a few days before luckily so that saved me quite a bit.

Did your husband's police and birth certificates arrive?

Birth certificate arrived last Friday. We’re just waiting on the police certificate still. luckily my husband can’t get the chickenpox vaccine because he already had chickenpox when he was a kid. So that’ll save some money there. 

8 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

Birth certificate arrived last Friday. We’re just waiting on the police certificate still. luckily my husband can’t get the chickenpox vaccine because he already had chickenpox when he was a kid. So that’ll save some money there. 

Hopefully the police certificate will arrive soon.  

Visa medicals will likely charge £40 for the blood titer test to confirm childhood chickenpox if it's not in his medical records.  If he hasn't already gotten his patient summary I suggest he does so.  I had MMR, Tetanus Diptheria & Polio, and HepB in the course of 2 days.  Not going to lie that wiped me out a bit! All except Hep B I'd had as a child but couldn't prove.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this on case tracker, why does it show at NVC twice? It was only one when our case was DQ’d and saw the other at NVC just today with no information. 

On 9/14/2023 at 3:30 PM, MarmiteC said:

IMG_6740.jpeg

4 hours ago, Peter and Tam said:

I saw this on case tracker, why does it show at NVC twice? It was only one when our case was DQ’d and saw the other at NVC just today with no information. 

IMG_6740.jpeg

Which case tracking app are you using? I'm using Lawfully, which was great for the USCIS stage, but less useful for the NVC stage.

2 hours ago, bencdxb said:

Which case tracking app are you using? I'm using Lawfully, which was great for the USCIS stage, but less useful for the NVC stage.

This is case tracker it’s very useful for both USCIS and NVC stage. I realised Lawfully isn’t useful at the NVC stage too. 

1 hour ago, Peter and Tam said:

This is case tracker it’s very useful for both USCIS and NVC stage. I realised Lawfully isn’t useful at the NVC stage too. 

Thanks. I've downloaded a couple of them now and struggling to get them to recognise the NVC case number starting LND (except Lawfully, which does pull the data back). The two others accept the old USCIS number, but not the NVC numbers - any tips on how you got it to do that?

Screenshot_20230923_102756_One UI Home.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.