Destan

Wait time to receive your US Visa after interview approval

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi there it's so different depending on the embassy. My fiance's k1 Visa was approved during his interview on June 5th of this year in Algeria. The Embassy then didn't do anything until literally today when you notice the status update to administrative processing. We did multiple times message them and they did send us a message back that said his visa was approved but due to the resource constraints they were delayed and issuing visas. I checked with my colleagues at State department and they said sometimes happens during the summer season when concular officers are changing posts smaller embassies can get delayed. So even though they told my fiance he would get his passport back with his visa within 5 days We are still waiting. In most cases you should get it back in 1 to 2 weeks It just depends on the embassy and what's going on. They should have told your fiance how long it will take. I think they normally say 5 days if it's been 2 to 3 weeks and you haven't heard anything start emailing them. We also went back to the State department in Washington to the desk officer there to ask for help. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Wow! That is quite a long time you waited.  They did mention it would take "5" days but it's now 10 days later so I was trying to get some timeframes.  But thank you and congrats to both of you Beth!!

Edited by Stancia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yes they said 5 days. I would wait a few more days and then start messaging the Embassy. Keep in mind that over the summer is when Embassy staff is transferring to new posts so it it is a smaller embassy there can be additional delays due to staffing shortages! Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.