Robbie0013

CEAC - no document upload option

23 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've searched through the forums but can't exactly find my issue.

I was recently approved for a EB2 NIW and have just completed my DS260 form on the CEAC webpage. However, there is no upload documents section present on the webpage and I am unsure if I should email or mail documents to the Department of State instead?

As a self petitioned visa, I do not require affidavits of support but so need to upload a birth certificate, police check etc. I believe.

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 hours ago, Robbie0013 said:

Hi,

I've searched through the forums but can't exactly find my issue.

I was recently approved for a EB2 NIW and have just completed my DS260 form on the CEAC webpage. However, there is no upload documents section present on the webpage and I am unsure if I should email or mail documents to the Department of State instead?

As a self petitioned visa, I do not require affidavits of support but so need to upload a birth certificate, police check etc. I believe.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You should follow the instructions in the welcoming letter from NVC. Some cases are processed on paper, therefore you have to mail your documents. For example, my EB2 NIW was the same too, and I had to send my copies of civil docs through post. 

10 minutes ago, WaiverFinder said:

You should follow the instructions in the welcoming letter from NVC. Some cases are processed on paper, therefore you have to mail your documents. For example, my EB2 NIW was the same too, and I had to send my copies of civil docs through post. 

Thanks WaiverFinder. Although no explicitly stating in the welcome email, the cover page does sound like it is referring to mailing. Does the attachment below appear similar to your cover page?

Thanks againScreenshot_20220704-210551.thumb.png.3e105308b2f83fd7c41f6a3878a60053.png

3 minutes ago, Robbie0013 said:

Thanks WaiverFinder. Although no explicitly stating in the welcome email, the cover page does sound like it is referring to mailing. Does the attachment below appear similar to your cover page?

Thanks againScreenshot_20220704-210551.thumb.png.3e105308b2f83fd7c41f6a3878a60053.png

Yes, it is identical to my coverage sheet. There was another page that was suggesting to mail docs. I too find it very confusing, especially if you open online and official instructions where they say not to send docs 😁

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 7:17 PM, WaiverFinder said:

Yes, it is identical to my coverage sheet. There was another page that was suggesting to mail docs. I too find it very confusing, especially if you open online and official instructions where they say not to send docs 😁

Thanks again for your help. Can I ask, did you receive any confirmation from the NVC that they received your mailed documents either through email or a status change on the CEAC webpage? 

I would be nice to have some peace of mind rather than having to wait 2.5 months for them to review only to find out they never received them or the documents were lost internally.

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Robbie0013 said:

Thanks again for your help. Can I ask, did you receive any confirmation from the NVC that they received your mailed documents either through email or a status change on the CEAC webpage? 

I would be nice to have some peace of mind rather than having to wait 2.5 months for them to review only to find out they never received them or the documents were lost internally.

Thanks. 

Hey, I sent my docs with FedEx, as such, I was able to track on the FedEx website when the docs were delivered. Two weeks and a half after they were delivered, I've received an e-mail from NVC stating that my civil documents are in order. This event corresponds to being "documentarily qualified" or DQ, AFAIK. All this time, the status on the CEAC website ramained "At NVC", and still is. I'm still waiting for the interview to be scheduled. 

So in short, NVC never confirmed receiving the docs but they quickly informed me that the docs are ok. 

Edited by WaiverFinder

1 minute ago, WaiverFinder said:

Hey, I sent my docs with FedEx, as such, I was able to track on the FedEx website when the docs were delivered. Two weeks and a half after they were delivered, I've received an e-mail from NVC stating that my civil documents are in order. This event corresponds to being "documentarily qualified" or DQ, AFAIK. In meantime, the status on the CEAC website ramained "At NVC". I'm still waiting for the interview to be scheduled. 

So in short, NVC never confirmed receiving the docs but they quickly informed me that the docs are ok. 

Thanks again for the prompt and informative feedback.

Unfortunately, while DHL express tracking states delivered, the last referenced destination is actually their service centre in Washington and not the NVC mailing address. 

Hopefully I receive a quick turnaround on the review side of things like you experienced. 

4 minutes ago, Robbie0013 said:

Thanks again for the prompt and informative feedback.

Unfortunately, while DHL express tracking states delivered, the last referenced destination is actually their service centre in Washington and not the NVC mailing address. 

Hopefully I receive a quick turnaround on the review side of things like you experienced. 

Just for completeness, I've used the second address from here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/submitting-documents-to-the-nvc.html

The one for express carries. 

I don't recall how the confirmation looked like.

I wish you all the best! 

1 hour ago, WaiverFinder said:

Just for completeness, I've used the second address from here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/submitting-documents-to-the-nvc.html

The one for express carries. 

I don't recall how the confirmation looked like.

I wish you all the best! 

Thanks, the same address as I have used. 

Edited by Robbie0013

• 1 month later...

Hi Alty,

I used DHL and they did deliver to the address linked above, however, the tracking information only updated as far as the regional office and did not confirm the final destination.

Like WaiverFinder, I did receive an email from the State Department approximately 2 weeks later confirming they received the package.

I was shipping from Ireland. Hope this helps. 

• 4 months later...

Hi WaiverFinder, Robbie0013, Alty,

I am applying in EB2 NIW category and I received from NVC the same Document Cover Sheet as you did (shown above).

Did you send to NVC any of the documents listed in item 3. - Signed Affidavit of Support(s), i.e. did you mail any financial documents or forms (e.g. I-864A)?

Thank you!

14 hours ago, Robbie0013 said:

Hi Bodo,

No, I did not send any documents listed in Section 3. 

I sent:

Section 1: Cover letter

Section 2: Photocopy of passport, birth cert and police check. All other items were not relevant to my current situation.

Hope this helps

Yes, it helps.

Thank you for your confirmation, Robbie0013.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.