LC00250

NVC case time has past and no answer after RFE

5 posts in this topic

Hi. My timeline goes like this:

2020-Sep-12: Submitted I-139 and all documents to USCIS.

2020-Sep-19: NOA1

2021-May-05: NOA2

2021-May-21: Case created in NVC

2021-Sep-10: All documents submitted to NVC

2021-Dec-09: RFE

2022-Mar-21: RFE

This is where things get interesting. So, in this date I received a Case FE Review note stating that I need to submitted my W-2 forms, but I stated previously that I don't have those as I have been living abroad since 2020.

2022-Mar-22: Call to NVC

I explained to an agent that I have already stated I don't have those forms but she asks me to submit a new letter explaining why. I do this the same day and the agent tells me that she will create a supervisor's referral or something like that.

NVC time frames show that my case review date has passed. I tried calling NVC but apparently, the calls have been suspended so agents can review more cases instead.

2022-Jun-12: Filled inquiry Public Form detailing my case.

Anybody has had this experience? What can I do? I don't want to wait more time for something that, from my point of view, is an error from the NVC.

Thanks.

Edited by LC00250
Mispelling

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

not enough information

Are  u a USC or LPR

doing a  I 139 to bring a person here to live when u don't reside here?

Is the company u work for a US company or have a US branch office that could produce a W2 in your name

no matter USC or LPR u need to file US tax returns with the form 2555 for foreign income to take the yearly exclusion amount 

sending the tax info with the 2555 form would be the indicator that the income was foreign (if the company did not do business in the US)

if LPR

Can you keep a green card if you don't live in the US?

Even if you have a green card, you cannot maintain your permanent resident status if you live outside the United States indefinitely and return only for visits. Extended absences will eventually lead port-of-entry staff to question whether you have abandoned your permanent residence.

23 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

not enough information

Are  u a USC or LPR

doing a  I 139 to bring a person here to live when u don't reside here?

Is the company u work for a US company or have a US branch office that could produce a W2 in your name

no matter USC or LPR u need to file US tax returns with the form 2555 for foreign income to take the yearly exclusion amount 

sending the tax info with the 2555 form would be the indicator that the income was foreign (if the company did not do business in the US)

if LPR

Can you keep a green card if you don't live in the US?

Even if you have a green card, you cannot maintain your permanent resident status if you live outside the United States indefinitely and return only for visits. Extended absences will eventually lead port-of-entry staff to question whether you have abandoned your permanent residence.

No, I'm USC. Trying to get my spouse the green card.

Haven't lived and haven't worked abroad.

But that's not the problem. The problem is that on March, 22nd an agent told me exactly what NVC was asking for RFE. I submitted and no answer yet. No approval, no refusal.

9 minutes ago, LC00250 said:

No, I'm USC. Trying to get my spouse the green card.

Haven't lived and haven't worked abroad.

But that's not the problem. The problem is that on March, 22nd an agent told me exactly what NVC was asking for RFE. I submitted and no answer yet. No approval, no refusal.

I know one other person with this experience.... they submitted documents in March and still waiting for a decision (also the 2nd or 3rd RFE). Not sure what you can do other than submit the inquiry... 

17 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

I know one other person with this experience.... they submitted documents in March and still waiting for a decision (also the 2nd or 3rd RFE). Not sure what you can do other than submit the inquiry... 

Please let me know if you hear back from this other person.

I can't believe I've been waiting for 4 months for a document I submitted in the first place but NVC decided to overlook.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.