juliya16

Renewal of Work authorization (I-765)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

As usual we're having issues with work authorization card. :angry: If anyone remembers me, we're still waiting on a green card (now it's been 2 years since our interview). Now, we've been waiting for a renewal work authorization card since October. We already went to the local INS 3 times and I have one of the senators and my Congressman working on the case. Toda we get a letter from National Benefits Center to a call that my husband made in FEBRUARY regarding where the heck is the work authorization card, stating that the case is ADMINISTRATIVE CLOSE on 1/17/07, but we've been to INS since then 3 times and were told that in the computer the case is still pending, what the hell does that mean administrative close? :protest::ranting:

Probably your husband has problems with the law :innocent:

If business so long consider there is a suspicion on fictitious marriage

My husband doesn't have problems with the law :angry: AND THIS MARRIAGE IS NOT FICTITIOUS!! DON'T ACQUESE ME OF SOMETHING THAT ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ranting:

Edited by juliya16

Probably your husband has problems with the law :innocent:

If business so long consider there is a suspicion on fictitious marriage

Hey, if you don't have anything useful to add, don't just post libellous speculation that is insulting to the poster, there's no need for it.

To the OP. Have you tried contacting a lawyer about this?

"Adminstrative close" usually means they've closed your case. If this is true you may have to file for a petition to reopen, or a whole new AOS request. Is there any chance that you missed an appointment with USCIS (e.g. biometrics)

Edited by Dr_LHA

juliya16 - I am sorry to see you are still wrestling with the system. I agree if you have not already contacted an immigration attorney, you may want to do so now. Likewise if you do already have a lawyer - what have they said?

Pervaya - either quiet your speculations or i will quiet them for you ;)

We don't have an attorney and francly, contacting one wouldn't make any difference to our, because they won't be able to do anything anyways. We haven't missed an appointment for the Green card (I-485) either, because we already had our interview and the case is stil pending as verified by local INS about 10 times now :)

The Work authorization I-765 is the issue now and I just called the customer service line and was suprised because they were actually helpfull. The looked into the work authorization case and said that it shows administratively closed on 1/17/07, but after that there is a note that a data has changed. What the change is, she cannot access and will have a supervisor call us within 24-48 hours. This is soo freaking annoying, because since our green card application is still pending, according to the law, they can't not give him the work authorization. I wonder if they can give him interum EAD :unsure: ....anyone?

We don't have an attorney and francly, contacting one wouldn't make any difference to our, because they won't be able to do anything anyways.

I wouldn't be so sure. Legal representation sounds exactly what you need at this point.

We haven't missed an appointment for the Green card (I-485) either, because we already had our interview and the case is stil pending as verified by local INS about 10 times now :)

Have you moved during the process?

try contacting the Immigration Assistance Center, they did check into our case and actually called us status. They were much more informative than the USCIS help line ever was for us :)

send pertinant information to:

Immigration Assistance Center

111 Massachusetts Ave NW 6th Floor

Washington, DC 20539

or fax to: (202) 272-1865

Edited by lal_brandow

Dr. LHA, we have a friend who was in similar situation (but they're ahead of us by about 2 years) and they hired an attorney. They talked to several attorney's who told that that they couldn't help them and then one said that he could. He took their money and all he could do is keep inquiring on the case....and was pretty much usless.

lal_brandow

thanks for the info, I'll try that contact and see what they can come up with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our recent AOS interview and approval beat out our still-to-be-received EAD. We asked the AOS interview official about this. She said delays (we didn't have any) are usually name/background checks. Maria's name/background check was very quick, so the EAD has become a mote point and the associated cost could have been avoided in hindsight. Lawyers won't help with this. Keep calling/recontacting USCIS to try and get to the bottom of the delay. I was told the FBI does the immigrant checking for the USCIS, which is another inter-agency hurdle in the paperwork. Good luck.

Richard of Richard&Maria

K-1 & K-2s TIMELINE_____

* met May-05, Maria & sons Manila, Philippines - Richard & daughters Toledo, Ohio

* Richard move to WI Sept-05, exchange extended visits Oct, Nov & Dec (05) & Feb (06)

* K-1&2s on file @ NSC 3-6-06, case xfer to CSC 6-1-06

* touches 6-2&3&14&15&17, RFE (IMBRA) CSC letter sent 6-23-06, touches 7-3&5

* RFE express return to/@ CSC 7-14-06, more touches 7-24&25, 9-5&6, NOA2 email notice rcvd 9-6

* visit Philippines & China Sept-2006, again see Maria & more extended family

* NVC assigns Embassy Case# 10-6; 10-12 letter rcvd 10-16 (sent 10-12) NVC receipt of I-129f

* rcvd letter 10-31 Embassy has paperwork, phone & embassy website 12-13 shows 2-13-07 interview

* Pgk 4 rcvd 12-21, St. Lukes Extension exams/vaccinations 1-10&11

* Manila interview 2-13; Delbros text message to Maria 2-6 - visas rcvd 2-19

AOS & EAD TIMELINE______

* P.O.E. Minneapolis & reunited in Milwaukee airport 3-4

* wedding 3-10 Plover, WI, applied for Maria's SSN 3-28 @ local office

* I-693A done @ civil surgeon office 4-4, Maria's SS card rcvd 4-16,

* mailed AOS (Chicago) & EAD (Nebraska) paperwork 4-21

* rcvd USCIS receipts of paperwork 5-2, posted wedding pics on VJ 5-3

* Maria's AOS biometrics appointment 5-22, son's on 6-5, no update on EAD status yet

* rcvd AOS appointment 5-26, set for 7-9 in Bloomington,MN office

* applied for Maria's WI state ID 6-5 & card rcvd 6-11

* AOS approved @ 7-9 interview, told to expect green cards 5-30 days

* USCIS confirms approved A#s rcvd 7-14, 2 green cards rcd 7-23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We made the mistake of using a lawyer for our initial K-1 paperwork. Expensive and slow in our case. We went on our own after Maria and the boys arrived and things went faster. Some time ago lawyers USED to have their own phone communications into the USCIS but not any more. Lawyers have no better access into the immigration system than applicants. A lawyer or legal firm can be useful for things like using the correct forms, advice, filings, etc., but they can't track down problems or investigate delays any better or faster than you or me.

Richard of Richard&Maria

K-1 & K-2s TIMELINE_____

* met May-05, Maria & sons Manila, Philippines - Richard & daughters Toledo, Ohio

* Richard move to WI Sept-05, exchange extended visits Oct, Nov & Dec (05) & Feb (06)

* K-1&2s on file @ NSC 3-6-06, case xfer to CSC 6-1-06

* touches 6-2&3&14&15&17, RFE (IMBRA) CSC letter sent 6-23-06, touches 7-3&5

* RFE express return to/@ CSC 7-14-06, more touches 7-24&25, 9-5&6, NOA2 email notice rcvd 9-6

* visit Philippines & China Sept-2006, again see Maria & more extended family

* NVC assigns Embassy Case# 10-6; 10-12 letter rcvd 10-16 (sent 10-12) NVC receipt of I-129f

* rcvd letter 10-31 Embassy has paperwork, phone & embassy website 12-13 shows 2-13-07 interview

* Pgk 4 rcvd 12-21, St. Lukes Extension exams/vaccinations 1-10&11

* Manila interview 2-13; Delbros text message to Maria 2-6 - visas rcvd 2-19

AOS & EAD TIMELINE______

* P.O.E. Minneapolis & reunited in Milwaukee airport 3-4

* wedding 3-10 Plover, WI, applied for Maria's SSN 3-28 @ local office

* I-693A done @ civil surgeon office 4-4, Maria's SS card rcvd 4-16,

* mailed AOS (Chicago) & EAD (Nebraska) paperwork 4-21

* rcvd USCIS receipts of paperwork 5-2, posted wedding pics on VJ 5-3

* Maria's AOS biometrics appointment 5-22, son's on 6-5, no update on EAD status yet

* rcvd AOS appointment 5-26, set for 7-9 in Bloomington,MN office

* applied for Maria's WI state ID 6-5 & card rcvd 6-11

* AOS approved @ 7-9 interview, told to expect green cards 5-30 days

* USCIS confirms approved A#s rcvd 7-14, 2 green cards rcd 7-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.