Mrs.H.Ajofotan

How to expedite at embassy

28 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2022 at 3:55 AM, NinaWest said:

Once they send it to the embassy, the embassy will send u a Packet 4 email. If they don't automatically give a date for interview in that email, u need to create an account on the USTravelDocs website to pick ur date faster. U can only check for appt twice per day. If the Petitioner is in the US, they can call numerous times at +1 703-520-2575. My husband kept checking the website for 9 days with no luck. I called every 15 minutes on one day and got us an interview date 

After calling the number, were you one who told them the date you want or were you given the next available date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, TDA said:

After calling the number, were you one who told them the date you want or were you given the next available date?

I was given the next available date

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys:

My request for an expedited request got approved for an IR-5 case for my mother, and now the case has been transferred to the embassy in my country of birth (Nigeria).

The case currently has a status of "Ready - Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section...", and I have received the "Packet 4" from the embassy/consulate via email.

Now, after creating an account with USTravelDocs and attempting to schedule the IR-5 interview as per the instructions in the "Packet 4" that was sent to me, I encounter the message: "There are currently no appointments available...". Now, I have questions:

1. Should I be the one to schedule the appointment?

2. Or would the embassy schedule it and notify me?

3. Also, if the embassy gets to schedule it themselves, what does the wait time look like?

4. Also, can I expedite the schedule of the interview.

Also, I tried calling the +1 703-520-2575 number, and they told me to keep on checking the ustraveldocs website for appointments! How did you guys manage to land appointments by calling the number?

Thank you.

8 hours ago, 762352564 said:

Hi guys:

My request for an expedited request got approved for an IR-5 case for my mother, and now the case has been transferred to the embassy in my country of birth (Nigeria).

The case currently has a status of "Ready - Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section...", and I have received the "Packet 4" from the embassy/consulate via email.

Now, after creating an account with USTravelDocs and attempting to schedule the IR-5 interview as per the instructions in the "Packet 4" that was sent to me, I encounter the message: "There are currently no appointments available...". Now, I have questions:

1. Should I be the one to schedule the appointment?

2. Or would the embassy schedule it and notify me?

3. Also, if the embassy gets to schedule it themselves, what does the wait time look like?

4. Also, can I expedite the schedule of the interview.

Also, I tried calling the +1 703-520-2575 number, and they told me to keep on checking the ustraveldocs website for appointments! How did you guys manage to land appointments by calling the number?

Thank you.

The embassy will not schedule the appointment for you. You have to continue checking ustraveldocs for appointment. I was able to book my appointment on that website.

Good luck.

Timeline

Another person who was expedited and I took turns checking the website each day. We split the day up so neither of us checked more times than we were allowed. It only took a short while and there were open dates. 

Thank you guys!

I have been checking, and have not found anything yet. 

I will keep on checking, and will keep you guys posted.

Do you have any pointers? Days/time to check? Things of the sort!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 10:49 PM, Mrs.H.Ajofotan said:

Another person who was expedited and I took turns checking the website each day. We split the day up so neither of us checked more times than we were allowed. It only took a short while and there were open dates. 

Hi there. I just had a question.. How long does it take to get feedback on your expedite? Whether accepted or denied.

Timeline

It really depends. I tried three times. I had a response immediately when they were still short-staffed. It took a week when I was approved. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/13/2022 at 6:08 AM, NinaWest said:

Write ur expedite letter in a word document and save it as a pdf. Then copy and paste the same letter into the body of ur email. Attach the pdf to the email. Attach ur other supporting documents as a pdf also but label them according when u save them. Make sure the case number is in the subject line. Your email first paragraph should give a little history on ur case. Second paragraph should e plain ur emergency and y u need him to be expedited. Focus more on ur needs not the beneficiary.

@NinaWestGood morning, this breakdown of information is very helpful. Kindly share the email address used to send in the request expediate. Thanks in advance.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sugarush said:

@NinaWestGood morning, this breakdown of information is very helpful. Kindly share the email address used to send in the request expediate. Thanks in advance.

NVCExpedite@state.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.