WaiverFinder

NVC paper filling timeline

42 posts in this topic

For Employment Based (EB) cases, which currently can only be submitted on paper, my personal experience (April 2022) is 2 weeks (which is significantly less than the >2.5 months estimate stated in the official link). Another user in this forum who submitted in January 2022 also had his EB case reviewed in two weeks from submitting civil documents to documentarily qualified. My guess, based on these two data points, is that paper-filed (snail-mailed) EB cases take significantly less time than family-based electronic-filed cases.  However, these are just two data points and there are probably not many people here processing EB cases using the NVC recently.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, WaiverFinder said:

Adding another data point to this, I've received the email confirmation that my civil docs are complete after two weeks and two days after the docs were derived to NVC. I'm applying for an Eb2 visa. 

When did you send the documents? Did NVC take long to receive them, and did you get a notice when they received them?

9 hours ago, theprogrammerguy said:

When did you send the documents? Did NVC take long to receive them, and did you get a notice when they received them?

I sent the docs at the end of May, from Europe. It took three days for the docs to reach NVC. NVC didn't send any confirmation but I was able to track the delivery through the courier (sent with DHL). Hope this helps! 

• 1 month later...
Filed: E-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/22/2022 at 9:29 AM, WaiverFinder said:

I sent the docs at the end of May, from Europe. It took three days for the docs to reach NVC. NVC didn't send any confirmation but I was able to track the delivery through the courier (sent with DHL). Hope this helps! 

Nice. Where in Europe? Did you already get your interview date?

Timeline
On 6/13/2022 at 11:04 PM, djd said:

For Employment Based (EB) cases, which currently can only be submitted on paper, my personal experience (April 2022) is 2 weeks (which is significantly less than the >2.5 months estimate stated in the official link). Another user in this forum who submitted in January 2022 also had his EB case reviewed in two weeks from submitting civil documents to documentarily qualified. My guess, based on these two data points, is that paper-filed (snail-mailed) EB cases take significantly less time than family-based electronic-filed cases.  However, these are just two data points and there are probably not many people here processing EB cases using the NVC recently.

Adding yet another data point to this. I just received email confirmation that my civil docs were completed exactly two weeks after the NVC received them. I am applying for an EB3 visa. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@WaiverFinder I believe this last step is highly dependent on the post. We were DQ'ed on 7/17 and the scheduling email came on 8/31. Interview is scheduled for 10/21 in Rio. We also just got DOS favorable recommendation for 212e waiver, and since we have to travel before the interview for medical examinations and biometrics appointment we are wondering how long will I-612 take and whether the interviewer needs the receipt or the on screen approval would be enough 

4 hours ago, JBRE22022 said:

@WaiverFinder I believe this last step is highly dependent on the post. We were DQ'ed on 7/17 and the scheduling email came on 8/31. Interview is scheduled for 10/21 in Rio. We also just got DOS favorable recommendation for 212e waiver, and since we have to travel before the interview for medical examinations and biometrics appointment we are wondering how long will I-612 take and whether the interviewer needs the receipt or the on screen approval would be enough 

Meanwhile, I got my interview scheduled for the beginning of October. I'll keep you posted about the waiver situation. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 6/21/2022 at 11:24 PM, WaiverFinder said:

Adding another data point to this, I've received the email confirmation that my civil docs are complete after two weeks and two days after the docs were derived to NVC. I'm applying for an Eb2 visa. 

Adding another data point. I sent my documents to NVC for EB1 and within 2 weeks, I got an email about missing document (Birth certificate for my wife). So, it seems for EB applications the timeline might be different.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, AnotherGC said:

Adding another data point. I sent my documents to NVC for EB1 and within 2 weeks, I got an email about missing document (Birth certificate for my wife). So, it seems for EB applications the timeline might be different.

The question is whether receiving IL also takes that short amount of time.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/9/2022 at 8:28 AM, AnotherGC said:

Hey @AnotherGC, have you sent the missing document? Did you hear anything back from them?vRight now I've been waiting for over two weeks, longer than I waited for the first reply.

Timeline
8 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Hey @AnotherGC, have you sent the missing document? Did you hear anything back from them?vRight now I've been waiting for over two weeks, longer than I waited for the first reply.

Yes, I sent my missing document 3 weeks back, still waiting for DQ message from NVC.  Hopefully it will be done fast.

Timeline
23 hours ago, AnotherGC said:

Yes, I sent my missing document 3 weeks back, still waiting for DQ message from NVC.  Hopefully it will be done fast.

Hi, Today I got a message from NVC that I am DQ. Now, I am waiting for the Visa appointment from the embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.