Zaheerkhan

Nicop /Usa citizen

3 posts in this topic

i have dual citizenship and nicop and usa citizen i m Pakistani citizen  by birth 

on my marriage certificate from nadra they put my nationality : 1)PAKISTANI with my NICOP number is that ok or should i get it change to Nationality to AMERICAN with passport number

2nd i have nikah registrar stamp on nika nama urdu any other stamps do i need on my urdu nikah nama

3)official paper given to me by nadra which has quide azam pic does it need to be notarized n attest ?

thanks 

pakistan

Edited by Zaheerkhan

16 hours ago, Zaheerkhan said:

i have dual citizenship and nicop and usa citizen i m Pakistani citizen  by birth 

on my marriage certificate from nadra they put my nationality : 1)PAKISTANI with my NICOP number is that ok or should i get it change to Nationality to AMERICAN with passport number

2nd i have nikah registrar stamp on nika nama urdu any other stamps do i need on my urdu nikah nama

3)official paper given to me by nadra which has quide azam pic does it need to be notarized n attest ?

thanks 

pakistan

1. It should be fine as you are both Pakistani and American.  A relative had this as well (USC, but Marriage Certificate shows "Pakistani") and no issues as far as I heard.

2. The Urdu Nikah Nama needs to have stamps saying that it was "registered" (there are usually registrar stamps).  You do not need additional attestations, etc.

3. No notarization needed. 

Do you have an English translation for your Nikah Nama?  That will be needed as well.

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

9 hours ago, pm5k said:

1. It should be fine as you are both Pakistani and American.  A relative had this as well (USC, but Marriage Certificate shows "Pakistani") and no issues as far as I heard.

2. The Urdu Nikah Nama needs to have stamps saying that it was "registered" (there are usually registrar stamps).  You do not need additional attestations, etc.

3. No notarization needed. 

Do you have an English translation for your Nikah Nama?  That will be needed as well.

yes i got the english trranslaton for my urdu nikah nama from translation.pk and cover letter 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.