Birthing

DS260 previous residences

5 posts in this topic

I am on the process of filling up the DS260, with regards to previous residences do i need to put that i stayed in Japan for 3 months as i went there thru tourist visa? On the other hand, does my wife need to put also that she worked in Hongkong for 3 months? These were more than 10 years ago already. I am a bit confused if these are considered residence even if just staying for 3 months only.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your ds 260?

3 months is a tourist visa timeframe- not residency

wife?  yes,  u would put her work history if it asks for that

u are not telling us who is the petitioner ,  the USC?

19 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Your ds 260?

3 months is a tourist visa timeframe- not residency

wife?  yes,  u would put her work history if it asks for that

u are not telling us who is the petitioner ,  the USC?

Petitioner is a USC, brother of my wife. She did not put that on her work history as well as it stated on the DS260, 'for the last 10 years', and it was way beyond that period. 

8 minutes ago, Birthing said:

Petitioner is a USC, brother of my wife. She did not put that on her work history as well as it stated on the DS260, 'for the last 10 years', and it was way beyond that period. 

Who is filling out the DS260? They should report any place they lived on the DS260. She does not need to report her work history for Hong Kong but she should report her address. 

The petitioner/USC is not required to report their addresses (since the age of 16) on the DS260

Edited by ROK2USA

2 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Who is filling out the DS260? They should report any place they lived on the DS260. If they were only on vacation no need to report the addresses. 

The petitioner/USC is not required to report their addresses on the DS260. 

It is my wife's DS260. So, will she just include it into her previous residence also even if she stayed there for 3 months only? She worked in Hongkong for 3 months more than 10 years ago already and decided to come home for emergency reasons.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.