DR ASI

Anyone from Russia

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Many, try the russian regional forum or look here

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...er/R/Russia.htm

Thanks alot but i cant find an address where i could email and ask or even call?I sit that i can ask the embassy where i live.I am in the Uk so i can go to the russian emabassy anda sk for the police clearence?I lived in moscow for 7years and need apolice clearence and i am originally from Tanzania now living in the UK...what can you suggest??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks alot but i cant find an address where i could email and ask or even call?I sit that i can ask the embassy where i live.I am in the Uk so i can go to the russian emabassy anda sk for the police clearence?I lived in moscow for 7years and need apolice clearence and i am originally from Tanzania now living in the UK...what can you suggest??

As a part of the link I gave you it says...

Those residing outside of Russia, both Russian citizens and non-citizens, may either delegate a Power-of-Attorney to apply for the certificate on their behalf in Russia, or apply directly to the Russian Consulate. Police certificates should note all names that the person has used in Russia, and should note the MVD branches in all locations that were queried.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Those residing outside of Russia, both Russian citizens and non-citizens, may either delegate a Power-of-Attorney to apply for the certificate on their behalf in Russia, or apply directly to the Russian Consulate. Police certificates should note all names that the person has used in Russia, and should note the MVD branches in all locations that were queried.

I saw that so by power of attorney it means what?And russian consulate means any russian emabssy anywhere??Please explain it to me if you can??thnx...sorry if i am being a pain..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I saw that so by power of attorney it means what?And russian consulate means any russian emabssy anywhere??Please explain it to me if you can??thnx...sorry if i am being a pain..

Power of Attorney (per Wikipedia) (emphasis added)

A power of attorney or letter of attorney in common law systems or mandate in civil law systems is an authorization to act on someone else's behalf in a legal or business matter. The person authorizing the other to act is the principal or grantor (of the power), and the one authorized to act is the agent or attorney-in-fact

In each country there is but one Embassy and there could be one or more consulates. In many countries the Embassy has a Consulate as a part of the same compound. You will need to see if Russia has a one or more Consulates. Most likely one in London but there may be others more convenient.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.