EnragedNeko

B1 refused without looking at documents

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Back when Adil's mom first applied for B1,  the denial letter she got at inteview was dated the day before 

so,  they had already made the decision before she went in

i was outside the embassy and saw the letter written in English on one side and Arabic on the other

BTW even if he gets a tourist visa , the CBP person will ask who he visits and when he says a gf,  they can send him back home as they sometimes assume the person  will marry and AOS here

and the job was for only 6 months / waiting a year now to apply again will show long term employment

but u are not the only one who goes thru this

my friend in Brazil tried for B1,  school teacher for 15 years,  married to police man,  owned apartment,  had 2 sons,  and she wanted to visit family (leaving her husband and sons back in Brazil)

her ties were strong but she was denied 

2  years later they granted a B1 to the 17 year old  son (no job,  no property he owned,  etc) so go figure ????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, EnragedNeko said:

I have visited a friend in Brazil a couple times and now we want to plan a trip in America where I’m located. He filled out all the paperwork, had all the documentation (employment letter, bank records, deed to property they own) but the immigration official only asked if he spoke English which he does, asked why they wanted to visit (tourism  and Disney) and then he was denied for not proving strong enough ties to his home country.

The official never even asked to see any of the documents he brought to show he has ties to Brazil, was just those basic questions and then was denied. We are just kind of confused why they denied without looking at any documentation, just seemed like a waste of money without revenue being considered for the visa. 

Hi, A few entry and exit stamps showing short trips in his passport can help with the B1/B2 process. My significant other and I had travelled together in EU as Brazil has a Schengen visa waiver agreement with EU. EU passport control scrutinized him more than me, but admitted us both at the same desk. We also had travelled throughout South America before he had applied for the B1/B2. I know this sounds laborious, but if you have the means, traveling a bit elsewhere together is something to consider.

The first time he entered the US on his B1/B2, he was scrutinized pretty heavily, but he had hotel and sightseeing bookings to show them. He stayed exactly the number of days stated to the officer. Each subsequent trip, entries became easier and easier because his previous trips to the US were only a few weeks and he stayed exactly the time stated.

The bottom line is consular officers hate to see an empty passport book.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, WeekendPizzaiolo said:

The bottom line is consular officers hate to see an empty passport book.

Or an empty countries visited list on the DS-160.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.