TedBrosby

IR1 Japan - Medical Exam result is 3 weeks late? Is this common?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

We had our interview yesterday. The interviewer told us we passed (we asked for the result) but that they had to reject us because the medical exam hadn't arrived yet. She said "This is common, especially when a medical exam was done a week or so before".  

The only problem is, we did our medical exam at the end of February and received an email with the result on March 2nd.  

I immediately called the clinic and the person on the phone told me that they can't "submit it again", since once they submit the result to the system, it will not let them do anything to it. He told me to tell the consular to retrieve it or check again because apparently it's a common glitch or issue.  

I went back to the interviewer and she told me it should be fine, and that she can't check it herself because another staff member at the embassy is who checks.  

So that's where we're at right now. This seems really strange. I've heard of one week or 10 days, but March 2nd until now? That's almost three weeks. They did keep my wife's passport, but the case status hasn't updated. It hasn't even updated to rejected. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

That's terrible!  It does sound like your visa isn't rejected as much as it is 'On Hold'. I have read one post about someone going for an interview but submitting their medical information after the interview took place and they were fine in the end. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
On a side note, how did you chose which hospital to get the medical done at?

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Update for anyone who sees this.  

The Tokyo embassy's medical exam uploading system was updated and the clinic's was outdated. They updated their system and sent it again and assured me it would be received.  

I kept checking the "visa status" page and it changed from Administrative Review to Approved/Sent a few days after. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.