Ronald P

Criminal history documents I-129F, are court dispositions enough?

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of finalizing the I-129F petition for my fiance in Ecuador. I am going over everything and have a question about the necessary criminal history documents. I was arrested a couple times back in 2006 for some minor charges, none from the list of specified crimes, and went to the court to get certified copies of the court disposition for both cases. In both instances, the cases were dismissed and then expunged, so I did not think to ask about the arrest records. Has anyone just sent in the court disposition without the arrest records without getting an RFE? I am looking over the court disposition records they gave me and it only includes the outcome and date of disposition, but it does not show any original arrest dates or anything else. The disposition is also a print out from the electronic system with a signed and certified seal cover letter for each instance. Should I go back and ask for the arrest record or would this be included with this if it was available?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.