mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Big congrad to you guys and thanx Ultimoxo for the indept story of the interview.

My fiance inteview is coming up and she just got back from picking up her police report. She called me up after she got home after a 10 hours bus ride and said they made a mistake on her mom's D.O.B. with just a few days left till her interview there's no time to get it fix. The place closed down on the weekend and she'll have to travel to Thailand a couple days ahead cuz she'll have to pick up the correct vaccination record from the hospital. OMG we're freaking out right now. I just hope that it's not a big issue. Someone please tell me it's gonna be alright.

I just had Pao check her police certification, and it just had her passport number, no DOB of her or her parents. It's just a short statement to the effect that she is not have any behavior endagering the peace and order or the security of the state.

I would think that such certifications would be in some sort of standard format. The fact that your fiance's has her mothers DOB is confusing to me.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I don't know how they do it in Cambodia and I never get to see what it looks like. Maybe it's different from Thai

<07-05-06> sent out K-1 application

<07-12-06> K-1 recieved (transferred to CSC from Nebraska)

<07-17-06> 1st NOA1 recieved

<07-25-06> Touched

<09-18-06> Touched and approved

<10-20-06> Case sent to Bangkok embassy (NOA 2 Recieved)

<10-23-06> Case arrived at Bangkok Embassy (9:53 a.m)

<11-01-06> Packet 3 shipped from BKK

<11-15-06> Packet 3 sent to embassy via express mail (still waiting for packet 3 from embassy)

<12-12-06> Medical exam + Vaccination Done

<12-??-06> Packet 4 Still waiting

<12-28-06> Interview date

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<01-30-07> POE Seattle, WA

<02-14-07> Applied for SS

<02-17-07> Recieved Packet 3 <----Almost 5 months later (LOL)

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<02-27-07> Applied for ID

<03-01-07> Officially married<----Wohooo

<03-02-07> Name change @ SSA

<03-12-07> Recieved new SS

<05-02-07> Sent out AOS forms and fee

<06-01-07> Fingerprints done

<08-01-07> Interview date (AOS approved)

<09-15-07> My wife is pregnant

<04-29-09> Our son is born

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

<05-15-09> I-751 Receipt of Notice

Timeline

Hey gangs!

I'm soooooo happy that my fianceé finally got her visa in hand. I just got off the phone with her and she's heading back home. Our long Journey is finally over.

On with the Interview. I told my fiancee to be at the embassy around 6, but she insisted on being there around 5. She was the first in line. The night before the interview I went over the order of documents with her. I had her place the packet 3 forms in a yellow envelope to be a bit organize. Then the medical packages, and another envelope filled with I-134 Affidavit of Support with all the supporting evidences. After that I had her place some of the I-129F stuff behind it and take it to the interview. First they called her name and told her that they won't go through the papers if she didn't take it out of the envelopes. Man just trying to be organize and still get B@#$% at. So my fiancee pulled those docs back and turn it back in. Then they called her again to sign the forms and told her to wait till they call her name again. Everytime she goes up to the window they would ask her the interview questions. She said they didn't asked her much, but she also recalled that they asked her how many time have your fiance called you in a week. She literally said, "one week everyday." So the lady laughted. Although my fiance said that the ladies at the windows wasn't so friendly at all. My fiancee asked her where do I sign, the lady said what you can't tell where to sign. You are all adults now and you can't tell where to sign. My fiance hardly speak or read english maybe that's why she asked, Duh!) It's a harsh, harsh world we're living in.

questions they asked her from what I can recalled.

- What's your fiance's name?

- how did you know him?

- do you speak any english?

- does your fiance know how to speak Khmer?

- have your fiance ever been to Cambodia?

And that was it, the lady told her to come back tomorrow at 1 pm to pick up the visa. Oh, about the police report. They didn't even ask to see it. My fiancee had it in her hand, but since they never ask for it. Why give.

I guess those are the typical questions they ask at the interview.

Hey best wish to all of you for the interview.

GOOD LUCK!!

Brian

<07-25-06> Touched

<11-15-06> Packet 3 sent to embassy via express mail (still waiting for packet 3 from embassy)

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

EVOLUTION,

Congrats!!! It is very obvious that your attention to detail really helped with the interview. I'm so happy for the both of you!!! Thanks for all your posts, especially the interview details. I've learned alot through the responses to your questions!

The BKK Consulate received our Pkt 3 on 27 November. However, we still don't have an interview date as of yet. I suppose that it will come up soon enough though.

We completed our medical exam at McCormick Hospital in Chiang Mai last week. However, because of the holidays, we can't pick up the completed forms until about 5 Jan. I thought we would get the report completed back to us on the same day as the exam...but apparently McCormick Hospital does not have blood testing facilities...so they have to send it out for testing...which delays things by a couple days...and then they are closed for the holidays.

So, we are back to the waiting game...waiting for the Med report to come back...waiting for the interview to be scheduled. However, we are used to waiting and the end is in sight :)

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Peace,

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
It's probably gonna be super hot when in mid January :crying: I hate the hotness.

Shouldn't be too bad in mid-January. It is still the cold season. As far as hotness, your timing doesn't get much better for Bangkok weather. Relatively cool and no rain.

Anyone have any scoop on the translation of the Birth Certificate for the interview? If they have the K1 submission, then they should have the original translations, but has anyone had any issues with this at the the interview?

I have just passed the interview on Dec 20, due to the Birth Certificate, House registration and ID card I translated them into English by myself as well as made a copy of all. the consular officer will return all original and take copy.

any question, don't hesitate to ask and good luck

Waen

Any suggestions on how to handle the air travel from Thailand. If I go to pick her up on a round trip ticket and then return with her, How do I get seats together? Any recomendations on airlines? Thanks.

Oct 24 NOA1 Texas/CSC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
It's probably gonna be super hot when in mid January :crying: I hate the hotness.

Shouldn't be too bad in mid-January. It is still the cold season. As far as hotness, your timing doesn't get much better for Bangkok weather. Relatively cool and no rain.

Anyone have any scoop on the translation of the Birth Certificate for the interview? If they have the K1 submission, then they should have the original translations, but has anyone had any issues with this at the the interview?

I have just passed the interview on Dec 20, due to the Birth Certificate, House registration and ID card I translated them into English by myself as well as made a copy of all. the consular officer will return all original and take copy.

Waen

Any suggestions on how to handle the air travel from Thailand. If I go to pick her up on a round trip ticket and then return with her, How do I get seats together? Any recomendations on airlines? Thanks.

goontar

I always use Eva air they have good connections in Tiepei and they have been the cheapest if you book on their website. www.evaair.com Book through a travel agent to get her a one way ticket they will get you seats together if at all possible. We flew from BKK to Sea and did not get seats together on the BKK to Tiepei leg, but the attendents were great they moved people around until we were seated together. Some butthead did not want to move so they had to do a lot of PR to get us together.

When are you going ticket are cheaper right now. Ticket prices change all the time so keep checking until you find one you like.

good luck

Sam

Removing Conditions

11/26/07 Mailed I-751

03/27/08 10 year green card approved

N-400

12/01/08 Mailed

12/24/08 check cashed

12/23/08 Noa-1

01/14/09 Biometrics

03/20/09 Interview

05/05/09 Oath

Timeline
EVOLUTION,

Congrats!!! It is very obvious that your attention to detail really helped with the interview. I'm so happy for the both of you!!! Thanks for all your posts, especially the interview details. I've learned alot through the responses to your questions!

The BKK Consulate received our Pkt 3 on 27 November. However, we still don't have an interview date as of yet. I suppose that it will come up soon enough though.

We completed our medical exam at McCormick Hospital in Chiang Mai last week. However, because of the holidays, we can't pick up the completed forms until about 5 Jan. I thought we would get the report completed back to us on the same day as the exam...but apparently McCormick Hospital does not have blood testing facilities...so they have to send it out for testing...which delays things by a couple days...and then they are closed for the holidays.

So, we are back to the waiting game...waiting for the Med report to come back...waiting for the interview to be scheduled. However, we are used to waiting and the end is in sight :)

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Peace,

Mark-N-AAm

Thanx guys, however I'm wondering why you guys haven't got the interview date confirm through email or an actuall packet 4 yet. Especially if your fiance live in Thailand. I know that the wait is long and frustrating, but your fiance would be in the state with u before you know it. Best wishes to you guys and a happy new year.

<07-25-06> Touched

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

Timeline

Waen

goontar

I always use Eva air they have good connections in Tiepei and they have been the cheapest if you book on their website. www.evaair.com Book through a travel agent to get her a one way ticket they will get you seats together if at all possible. We flew from BKK to Sea and did not get seats together on the BKK to Tiepei leg, but the attendents were great they moved people around until we were seated together. Some butthead did not want to move so they had to do a lot of PR to get us together.

When are you going ticket are cheaper right now. Ticket prices change all the time so keep checking until you find one you like.

good luck

Sam

I got my ticket through a travel agent for $970 and yep I love Eva air it has one of the fastest flight time than any other airline I've seen for the price.

<07-25-06> Touched

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

Timeline

Waen

goontar

good luck

Sam

I got my ticket through a travel agent for $970 and yep I love Eva air it has one of the fastest flight time than any other airline I've seen for the price.

EVA is great. I have used it several times. Not sure when I need to bring her over because I am still wating on NOA2. But I think late march is likely. Assuming everything goes well. I also have our 1 1/2 year daughter to bring with. Any thoughts on how to handle that? Do I have to purchase 3 seats? I think I should.

Oct 24 NOA1 Texas/CSC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Waen

goontar

good luck

Sam

EVA is great. I have used it several times. Not sure when I need to bring her over because I am still wating on NOA2. But I think late march is likely. Assuming everything goes well. I also have our 1 1/2 year daughter to bring with. Any thoughts on how to handle that? Do I have to purchase 3 seats? I think I should.

Yes you will need three seats. I just checked Eva for March and it was $952 round trip frm LA.

I see they are going to start doing K1 interviews in Phnom Penh starting in Febuary. It is about time.

Removing Conditions

11/26/07 Mailed I-751

03/27/08 10 year green card approved

N-400

12/01/08 Mailed

12/24/08 check cashed

12/23/08 Noa-1

01/14/09 Biometrics

03/20/09 Interview

05/05/09 Oath

Timeline
I see they are going to start doing K1 interviews in Phnom Penh starting in Febuary. It is about time.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not, knowing those crooks will do whatever to get some $$$ in their pockets by making up lies about misc. fees or whatever to get what they demand. I see it as taking advantage of the citizen. That's the worse part about going there. I hope that the majority of the consular officer are not Cambodian. Being Cambodian myself, I just don't trust them. Sorry to say.

<07-25-06> Touched

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

Thank God! We received email confirmation from the Bangkok Embassy today. Our visa interview is scheduled for 30 Jan 2007! Not long from now :)

Peace to all as we move in to 2007!

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Timeline

Congratulations!

Looks like it took you 6 months. Just what I've bee told.

Good luck at interview!

Long way for us :crying:

12/11/06 - I-129 was send to CSC

3/13/07 - NOA-2 Actual Date

3/22/07 - Arived to NVC, BNK2007XXXXXX number issued

3/29/07 - Leter from NVC via snail mail: I-129F was approved on March 26 and forwarded to BKK Embassy

3/31/07 - Medical Exam

4/2/07 - Packet 3 Send to Embassy

4/30/07 - BKK Embassy posted our interview date JUNE 11

6/11/07 - INTERVIEW DATE

6/11/07 - Interview

6/13/07 - Receive Visa

7/31/07 - POE San Francisco

8/26/07 - Recieve SSN card

9/4/07 - Applied for CA ID

10/26/07 - Wedding

11/2/07 - Filed AOS, EOD, Travel

11/13/07 - Check Cashed

11/9/07 - NOA-1 actual date (AOS, EOD, Travel)

11/16/07 - NOA - 1 arrived via snail mail

11/24/07 - I-797C NOA for Biometrics arived via snail mail

12/13/07 - Biometrics Appointment

1/9/08 - Email 1: Travel documents (I 131) were approved and mailed on January 5, 2008. Email 2: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, Card production ordered on January 9, 2008

1/14/08 - Empoyment Card and Travel documents arrived in the mail.

5/6/08 - Interview in SF - APPROVED

2/24/10 - File I-751

4/1/10 - Biometrics Appointment

5/31/11 - Appled for Citizenship

Timeline
Thank God! We received email confirmation from the Bangkok Embassy today. Our visa interview is scheduled for 30 Jan 2007! Not long from now :)

Peace to all as we move in to 2007!

Mark-N-AAm

A very Big congrad to Mark n AAm

<07-25-06> Touched

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

Timeline

Looks like some of you are moving right along. In our experience, the interview was the easiest part. I was there for the interview and there was only one question asked. How many times has your fiance been to Thailand? - "3." Ok, visa approved, I think that is one of the shortest interviews I have heard. Good luck to everyone. Your journey has only begun once you get the visa.

Jul. 22, 04-Jum and I met in Thailand.

Jul. 21, 05-I-129F arrives at TSC

Aug. 23, 05-NOA1 Notice Date

Aug. 27, 05-NOA1 arrives in mail

Oct. 13, 05-NOA2 confirmed by email

Oct. 18, 05-NOA2 received in mail

Oct. 24, 05-NVC letter received

Nov. 18, 05-Packet 3 received

Dec. 15, 05-Police Record/Medical/Interview Assigned

Feb. 5, 06-C.J.& Jum together in Thailand

Feb. 7, 06-Interview Day-APPROVED! (6 1/2 months)

Feb. 11, 06-Engagement Ceremony

May 8, 06-POE JFK, Temp. EAD Received

May 18, 06-Apply for SS#, Jun. 18, 06-Receive SS Card

Jul. 3, 06-Married!

AOS Journey

Aug. 10, 06-AOS Package Sent

Aug. 18, 06-AOS, AP, EAD Receipt Notice Date

Aug. 28, 06-Received AOS Biometrics Appointment Letter

Aug. 28, 06-I-485 transfer to CSC

Sep. 13, 06-CSC received AOS

Sep. 14, 06-AOS/EAD Biometrics

Sep. 15, 06-AOS Touched #1

Sep. 26, 06-AOS Touched #2

Sep. 27, 06-AOS Touched #3

Sep. 28, 06-Email notice of Welcome Letter mailed! (AOS Day 40)

Oct. 2, 06-Welcome letter received

Oct. 3, 06-Email notification of approval notice mailed.

Oct. 5, 06-Green card received.

Oct. 7, 06-NC Driver License Received

I-751 Timeline

Sep. 8, 08-I-751 Arrives at VSC

Sep. 11, 08-I-751 NOA1 Received

Nov. 14, 08-Biometrics Appointment

EVERYTHING APPROVED at the end of Dec. 2008, finally.

Jul 10, 11-Citizenship application submitted.

Feb. 16, 12-CITIZENSHIP GRANTED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.