mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My packet 3 never made it through the mail to us either. Looks like a common problem

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sawadees Khap!

AAm and I had our AOS interview today...and it was successful. I think our timeline from initial K1 petition -> AOS approval was about 18 months. Just thought I'd post our good news and wish continued good luck to EVERYONE going through Thailand! Looks like interviews are coming up for a lot a people!

Peace to all,

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Still have not received Packet 3, so I emailed the Embassy. They responded by emailing me and my fiancee the contents of Packet 3. She is traveling to BKK tonight and will get her medical done tomorrow, along with applying for her police report and paying for the visa. She will mail packet 3 at the post office when she pays for her visa, to avoid any further delays. Knowing how the mail system works in Thailand, it will probably take a week to get to the Embassy. :jest:

Congratulations MarkNAam!!!

Edited by afterforever

Still have not received Packet 3, so I emailed the Embassy. They responded by emailing me and my fiancee the contents of Packet 3. She is traveling to BKK tonight and will get her medical done tomorrow, along with applying for her police report and paying for the visa. She will mail packet 3 at the post office when she pays for her visa, to avoid any further delays. Knowing how the mail system works in Thailand, it will probably take a week to get to the Embassy. :jest:

Congratulations MarkNAam!!!

Afterforever,

Great to see you taking the right/proactive steps. If you've ever read our postings/reviews in our timeline, you'll see how disappointed I was in our mailed PKT3 mailed by the consulate. It was truly garbage. Forms were outdated,crumpled etc. I downloaded our PKT 3 form the BKK webesite, which worked out better, and kept the mailed PKT3 as a souvernier :)

Truly, when I read your post, it reminded me exactly of the steps that AAm and I took. We downloaded the forms from the Thai embassy website for Pkt 3, but you've received the same from by email. You are in good shape! Good luck on the medical, that shouldn't be an issue. Its just a require step and its good that you'll have it behind you. For us, we actually paid the (at that time) 4000 baht for the interview/visa charge, the morning before her interview...at the BKK post office. Its a better idea to get that done ahead of time, like you're doing...less stress and worry...less hurry! Good thinking about the police report and mailing system in Thailand. My fiancee lived in Thailand, and it was a minimum of 3 weeks to receive mail from BKK!

I look forward to hearing the rest of your immigration story. You're sure to be successful!

Peace to you,

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Sawadees Khap!

AAm and I had our AOS interview today...and it was successful. I think our timeline from initial K1 petition -> AOS approval was about 18 months. Just thought I'd post our good news and wish continued good luck to EVERYONE going through Thailand! Looks like interviews are coming up for a lot a people!

Peace to all,

Mark-N-AAm

Congratulations !!!! :dance::dance:

(F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Timeline
Sawadees Khap!

Peace to all,

Mark-N-AAm

If memory serves me well, I believe that the Thai post has a one day delivery option for only a few baht more. I seem to recall Rin used it to get it there faster (and also assumed it would get a little extra attention by Thai post).

John

Oops! Sorry, I meant to reply to the post about sending Packet 3 back to the embassy, but clicked the wrong reply box!

Edited by rin and john

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Timeline
Sawadees Khap!

Peace to all,

Mark-N-AAm

Congratulations and best of luck. :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Sawadees Khap!

Peace to all,

Mark-N-AAm

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

Well, Yutipha made it through her medical yesterday, at Bumrungrad Hospital. Her examination and 3 shots cost her 5,000 baht. Yutipha got sick from the vaccinations.

She then went to apply for her police certificate. The police told her it would be ready on Dec. 19. They will send it to her by EMS.

Next, she went to the post office to pay for her visa fee. It cost her 3,700 baht. While at the post office, she mailed off packet 3 to the Embassy. Nothing left to do now but wait for an interview date. I will email the Embassy next week to see if they received packet 3. Hopefully we will have an interview early to mid January.

Hopefully the hardest part of this process is almost over. I am hoping to be leaving early January to Thailand, to be with Yutipha. It will be 7 months since we were together. I know that I do not need to say more, since we all know the feeling of missing our loved one.

I think I've gotten a few more greys hairs since this process started. :lol:

Edited by afterforever

Timeline
Well, Yutipha made it through her medical yesterday, at Bumrungrad Hospital. Her examination and 3 shots cost her 5,000 baht. Yutipha got sick from the vaccinations.

She then went to apply for her police certificate. The police told her it would be ready on Dec. 19. They will send it to her by EMS.

Next, she went to the post office to pay for her visa fee. It cost her 3,700 baht. While at the post office, she mailed off packet 3 to the Embassy. Nothing left to do now but wait for an interview date. I will email the Embassy next week to see if they received packet 3. Hopefully we will have an interview early to mid January.

Hopefully the hardest part of this process is almost over. I am hoping to be leaving early January to Thailand, to be with Yutipha. It will be 7 months since we were together. I know that I do not need to say more, since we all know the feeling of missing our loved one.

I think I've gotten a few more greys hairs since this process started. :lol:

Yeah I hear you...JUST FOR MEN is keeping up with the gas prices for me. :jest::lol:

Edited by ThaiStyleUSA

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Timeline

Hello,

I just filed for AOS and got an RFE asking for my wife's Thai birth certificate. What document did you send in for a birth certificate? My wife said the household registration is her birth certificate and all we have is a copy of that. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

K1 Journey

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

12/12/07 - Biometrics

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Hello,

I just filed for AOS and got an RFE asking for my wife's Thai birth certificate. What document did you send in for a birth certificate? My wife said the household registration is her birth certificate and all we have is a copy of that. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Rin used her housebook (tabian baan) and Thai ID for proof of citizenship and birthdate for her interview. For AOS, a birth certificate is required or some sort of documentation saying it is unavailable. Rin did not have her BC when she came here in April, but got it while we were in Bangkok during Sept/Oct.

To get a Thai BC, you have to go to the Amphur's office in the city/province she was born. Rin actually had a relative go get her BC at it was several hours from Bangkok. Her aunt attempted to get it but could not. Her uncle was able to obtain it the following day (had to be a family member, blood related, same last name?).

John

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Timeline

Ok, so apparently one of the many Thai documents we have that I can't read is the 'birth certificate' but the date on it is different than her Thai passport, Thai ID card, and every single legal document we have for her. I guess there was a mistake that was never corrected and I guarantee USCIS isn't going to be happy. *sigh* Any suggestions?

K1 Journey

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

12/12/07 - Biometrics

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Ok, so apparently one of the many Thai documents we have that I can't read is the 'birth certificate' but the date on it is different than her Thai passport, Thai ID card, and every single legal document we have for her. I guess there was a mistake that was never corrected and I guarantee USCIS isn't going to be happy. *sigh* Any suggestions?

dude!?!?

which one is the mistake? the bc, the translated bc, or all the other legal documents? did you have the birth certificate "made"? if so, i'd get in touch with someone in her family, have them go make another one (with the date that matches the other documents), and make 200% sure it's what you need before they mail it to you here in the states.

good luck

dvd

Filed: Timeline

Hi folks -

First, congrats to Mark-N-AAm on your successful interview! That's great news - best wishes!

Afterforever - looks like things are going well - hang in there and good luck on getting an interview date as soon as possible.

Regarding birth certificate translations/issues - my fiancee and I had a number of questions - her grandparents were actually listed as her parents on her birth certificate. We are working with a local (Bangkok) immigration attorney who got everything in order for us for our original I-129F packet submission - whatever he did worked, as we had no problems with the submitted package.

In fact, I just received word today that our packet 3 has arrived. My fiancee will be signing the necessary paperwork tomorrow, and working with our lawyer's office to get the Police and Medical paperwork taken care of in the next couple of weeks. We're hoping for an interview date in the first half of January. Very exciting!

- heyx2rr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.