mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Ok, so just to be completely clear, this is exactly what you sent:

1) Signed checklist

2) Form DS-230

3) 2 passport photos (of only the beneficiary or petitioner too?)

4) Copy of BOTH yours and beneficiaries passport photo page.

And this is what contituted packet 3? Everything is just filled out and brought to the interview?

qbertz,

Ya, those 4 items are exactly what I sent. I did not include any pics of myself though, just my fiancee's 2 passport style photos. I did include a copy of passport photo page, but I don't remember if that was necessary or not.

First thing though is to be sure that the NVC has forwarded your petition to the IV unit in Bangkok. You can call the NVC at the number below. You'll need to talk to a live representative in order to talk about a K1 visa. Have your USCIS case #

NVC Inquiry: 603.334.0700

Second, if the NVC states that they have forwarded your information to Thailand, then you can email the embassy in Bangkok at the address below and ask if they have received it (be sure to include your name(s) and case #:

visasbkk@state.gov

If they have it then you can send in the 4 pieces of information above to them, prior to receiving your Pkt 3, and they will schedule your interview.

More forms will be listed in the pkt 3 they send you. You will need to fill out the remaining forms and bring those with you to the interview. You can find this information on their embassy website (which is pretty good). http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/services/visa...0for%20Thai.htm

Peace!

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Mark, you are a life saver, I'm printing your above post, the info you listed is exactly what I wanted to know! I finally checked out the US embassy website for Thailand too, and you're right there is a lot of good info on there.

Anyway, I'll be sure to post on here again if I have anymore questions along the way, thanks again.

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

9/13/07 - US arrival date

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

10/19/07 - AOS application sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)

3/7/08 - Interview - APPROVED

3/17/08 - Greencard arrives

Removal of Conditions:

01/12/10 - Removal of Conditions package sent

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Already thought of another question for you Mark...on the US embassy Thailand website I found that it says official documents (birth certificate, police certificate, etc.) can be in English OR Thai. So does this mean my fiance doesn't need to get those translated at all for when she brings them to the embassy for the interview?

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

9/13/07 - US arrival date

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

10/19/07 - AOS application sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)

3/7/08 - Interview - APPROVED

3/17/08 - Greencard arrives

Removal of Conditions:

01/12/10 - Removal of Conditions package sent

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

Already thought of another question for you Mark...on the US embassy Thailand website I found that it says official documents (birth certificate, police certificate, etc.) can be in English OR Thai. So does this mean my fiance doesn't need to get those translated at all for when she brings them to the embassy for the interview?

Although it is not required to have those documents in English at the Interview, it is advisable to get her BC translated and certified, because you will need it later. A translated BC is required during the AOS process. Just a way to stay ahead of the game.

21FUNNY.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, we're getting all our paperwork ready for our interview next week and I have some questions just to make sure we have everything correct.

1. The appointment letter asks for 2 pics and then the DS-156 needs a pic x2 for duplicate. Do we need two pics by themselves plus two more already attached to our two copies of the DS-156?

2. There is the DS-156, DS-156K, and the DS-157. Do we need 2 copies of each?

3. Evidence of our relationship is requested. Can we just bring the same stuff that we sent with our I-129F? It was pics, matching passport stamps, airlines boarding passes and engagement ring reciept.

4. Since the embassy knows that weddings in Thailand aren't legally recognized unless registered, can we mention that we had a big wedding a couple weeks ago and show them pics of that as proof of a real relationship or should we just not mention that at all to be safe?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Josh

Timeline

01/15/2007 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/17/2007 I-129 received in Nebraska

01/22/2007 NOA1

01/24/2007 Touched

04/11/2007 Touched

04/19/2007 NOA2

05/08/2007 NVC receives case

05/10/2007 NVC sends case to Bangkok embassy

05/17/2007 Sent packet 3 checklist with additional documents to Bangkok embassy

05/18/2007 Bangkok embassy receives my packet 3 checklist and additional documents

05/18/2007 Bangkok embassy sends packet 3

05/22/2007 Received packet 3 from Bangkok embassy

05/30/2007 Interview date posted on embassy website

06/17/2007 Thai and Christian Wedding Ceremony and Reception!!! (NOTHING LEGALLY RECOGNIZED)

07/05/2007 Interview

07/06/2007 Picked up visa

07/08/2007 Flying to US

07/09/2007 Arriving in Indy

07/10/2007 Getting hitched LEGALLY at small-claims court!!!

07/25/2007 Sent AOS packet to Chicago

07/27/2007 AOS packet received at Chicago

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Does evidence that needs to be present at the interview have to be originals (e.g., the petitioner's BC and divorce decree, boarding passes, hotel receipts)? Is it okay if they are all photocopies ?

Thank you in advance. :)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Filed: Timeline

Josh,

1. If she didn't already send the 2 pictures when she sent back the DS-230-I and checklist, then she should bring them to the interview.

2. Two DS-156, one each of DS-156K and DS-157.

3. Bring evidence of relationship, not evidence of having met.

4. Don't tempt fate.

Yodrak

Well, we're getting all our paperwork ready for our interview next week and I have some questions just to make sure we have everything correct.

1. The appointment letter asks for 2 pics and then the DS-156 needs a pic x2 for duplicate. Do we need two pics by themselves plus two more already attached to our two copies of the DS-156?

2. There is the DS-156, DS-156K, and the DS-157. Do we need 2 copies of each?

3. Evidence of our relationship is requested. Can we just bring the same stuff that we sent with our I-129F? It was pics, matching passport stamps, airlines boarding passes and engagement ring reciept.

4. Since the embassy knows that weddings in Thailand aren't legally recognized unless registered, can we mention that we had a big wedding a couple weeks ago and show them pics of that as proof of a real relationship or should we just not mention that at all to be safe?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Josh

ladywhit,

Photocopies of documentation are accepted with the understanding that an immigration or consular officer can request to see the original document at any time to verify the photocopy. The consular interview and the adjustment of status interview are convenient times to spot-check documentation.

Be prepared, you never know what, if anything, might be asked for.

Yodrak

Does evidence that needs to be present at the interview have to be originals (e.g., the petitioner's BC and divorce decree, boarding passes, hotel receipts)? Is it okay if they are all photocopies ?

Thank you in advance.

Timeline

Khun Yodrak:

Thank you very much for your response. To be prepared, I'd better have my fiance mail me everything. I am just concerned, though, about a possibility of the important documents (e.g., his BC, divorce decree) getting lost on their way from the US to Thailand.

Ladywhite (F)

ladywhit,

Photocopies of documentation are accepted with the understanding that an immigration or consular officer can request to see the original document at any time to verify the photocopy. The consular interview and the adjustment of status interview are convenient times to spot-check documentation.

Yodrak

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

973181_1238682260.jpg

My ROC Adventure:

Ladywhite,

Those are the documents most likely to be checked! I've got multiple copies of my birth and divorce certificates.

Which reminds me, a few years back when I first started getting involved in this immigration stuff a common recommendation was to order 3 copies of these kinds of documents from the recording office - 1 for INS (now USCIS), 1 for the consulate, and 1 for other purposes in case the INS or consulate kept the copy that you gave them (instead of keeping a photocopy). That advice seems to have fallen by the wayside now that photocopies are routinely accepted for initial filings and the quality of photocopying is very good to excellent no matter where one has the copies made. But there is still a benefit to having multiple 'original' copies of important documents.

Yodrak

Khun Yodrak:

Thank you very much for your response. To be prepared, I'd better have my fiance mail me everything. I am just concerned, though, about a possibility of the important documents (e.g., his BC, divorce decree) getting lost on their way from the US to Thailand.

Ladywhite

ladywhit,

Yodrak

Timeline

Thanks a million again, Khun Yodrak. My interview will have to be scheduled in September anyway because of my 2 year rule (J-1), so we have plenty of time for my fiance to order more 'original' copies of those documents and send them to me.

I am appreciative of your time and help you give me and others on this board.

Ladywhite (F)

973181_1238682260.jpg

My ROC Adventure:

Timeline

Khun Yodrak:

Would photocopies of those documents that are notorized be acceptable at the interview? I am just trying to lessen the work for my fiance. :)

Ladywhite,

Those are the documents most likely to be checked! I've got multiple copies of my birth and divorce certificates.

Which reminds me, a few years back when I first started getting involved in this immigration stuff a common recommendation was to order 3 copies of these kinds of documents from the recording office - 1 for INS (now USCIS), 1 for the consulate, and 1 for other purposes in case the INS or consulate kept the copy that you gave them (instead of keeping a photocopy). That advice seems to have fallen by the wayside now that photocopies are routinely accepted for initial filings and the quality of photocopying is very good to excellent no matter where one has the copies made. But there is still a benefit to having multiple 'original' copies of important documents.

Yodrak

973181_1238682260.jpg

My ROC Adventure:

ladywhite,

'notarized' means that a notary public has witnessed the signing of a document and attests that the person who signed is the person who they claimed to be. A notary does not certify the content of the document.

Yodrak

Khun Yodrak:

Would photocopies of those documents that are notorized be acceptable at the interview? I am just trying to lessen the work for my fiance.

Ladywhite,

Yodrak

Hi folks - I thought I'd pass on some good news. At the beginning of this week we received our NOA1. For those who may have submitted their applications in the same timeframe here's our timeline to date: I sent the I-129F package to the CSC on 5/31, they received it on 6/4 and the NOA1 was dated 6/13.

We're using an immigration lawyer in BKK, and he actually received the letter last Saturday, 6/30, and emailed me a pdf file of the scanned document. Interestingly, I havent received anything here yet... oh well, as long as things are moving forward I'm a happy man. Now I guess it's time to hurry up and wait for that NOA2!

Best wishes...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.