04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ikea-cat-some-assembly-required.jpg

Yeah, yeah, any excuse, I know. :blush:

Grrrr...IKEA! I was injured at the Wembley store on Saturday -- I was waiting with my sister-in-law to pay for a chest of drawers, when the azzhole in front of me DROPPED a 8-foot long box containing a solid wood upright on my shoulder and elbow. I went into shock and started crying as my arm puffed up to twice its size, and the jerk didn't even say he was sorry, just said "Calm down!" in an exasperated tone, like I was inconveniencing HIM by crying. :angry:

The IKEA first aiders were tops. They took me to one side and gave me a chair to sit in, and iced my arm. One of the security staff spoke to the cashier for her take on things, and she backed up my version of events. She had the security staff follow the guy out into the car park where, I was told, "he was given a very stern talking to"!!! :lol:

My arm and shoulder still hurt like hell, and I have a big bruise, but the way I was treated by IKEA went a long way to making me feel better quickly.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline

Grrrr...IKEA! I was injured at the Wembley store on Saturday -- I was waiting with my sister-in-law to pay for a chest of drawers, when the azzhole in front of me DROPPED a 8-foot long box containing a solid wood upright on my shoulder and elbow. I went into shock and started crying as my arm puffed up to twice its size, and the jerk didn't even say he was sorry, just said "Calm down!" in an exasperated tone, like I was inconveniencing HIM by crying. :angry:

The IKEA first aiders were tops. They took me to one side and gave me a chair to sit in, and iced my arm. One of the security staff spoke to the cashier for her take on things, and she backed up my version of events. She had the security staff follow the guy out into the car park where, I was told, "he was given a very stern talking to"!!! :lol:

My arm and shoulder still hurt like hell, and I have a big bruise, but the way I was treated by IKEA went a long way to making me feel better quickly.

I wouldn't have been satisfied with a stern talking-to. Sue sue sue! If you're leaving the UK anyway why not get a nice chunk of compensation on the way out? If you can't beat the system might as well join it.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I wouldn't have been satisfied with a stern talking-to. Sue sue sue! If you're leaving the UK anyway why not get a nice chunk of compensation on the way out? If you can't beat the system might as well join it.

That is not the way the system works in the UK......its the USA that has a sue, sue, sue mentality. Besides who is exactly is she going to sue Ikea or the guy that actually dropped his box?? Personal sueings are difficult to achieve in the UK and it was hardly Ikea's fault that a customer did not use a cart!

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: Timeline
That is not the way the system works in the UK......its the USA that has a sue, sue, sue mentality. Besides who is exactly is she going to sue Ikea or the guy that actually dropped his box?? Personal sueings are difficult to achieve in the UK and it was hardly Ikea's fault that a customer did not use a cart!

I forgot to put the sarcasm tags around that one.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Actually, the guy did use a cart. He lost control of the package while he was lifting it onto the conveyor belt. Why he didn't just leave it on the cart to be scanned there I do not know...

Believe me, I have no interest in suing IKEA. It would be really hard to prove how they breached either their duty of care or any health and safety rules, and they went a long way in making sure I was fine afterwards. It was just an accident, pretty unforeseeable. My sister-in-law told me that while I was off being treated, the guy nearly whacked his wife with another package, so the guy is clumsy as well as rude!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

First a hangover, then attacked in Ikea! Not the best of weekends, eh maven? Do you think you should have your shoulder checked by the doctor? Your injury sounds pretty awful!

I was a bad girl yesterday. I completely blew off a party I was supposed to attend! I had no desire to go, so I put the phone on silence and took the kids to see Harry Potter instead. I've never done that before. I feel a bit gulty, but am still glad I didn't go. :blush:

Actually, the guy did use a cart. He lost control of the package while he was lifting it onto the conveyor belt. Why he didn't just leave it on the cart to be scanned there I do not know...

Believe me, I have no interest in suing IKEA. It would be really hard to prove how they breached either their duty of care or any health and safety rules, and they went a long way in making sure I was fine afterwards. It was just an accident, pretty unforeseeable. My sister-in-law told me that while I was off being treated, the guy nearly whacked his wife with another package, so the guy is clumsy as well as rude!

I hope you are feeling better!!

DCF - London

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Thanks, broma! I'm getting there. My shoulder is achy and I have one hell of bruise on my arm, but nothing's broken, thank goodness. I'm keeping myself doped up on paracetamol with codeine (ahhhhhh, can feel nothing below my neck!). I was glad my mom was with me -- nothing like having your mother take care of you when you are sh!t scared and crying! :blush:

Thanks, broma! I'm getting there. My shoulder is achy and I have one hell of bruise on my arm, but nothing's broken, thank goodness. I'm keeping myself doped up on paracetamol with codeine (ahhhhhh, can feel nothing below my neck!). I was glad my mom was with me -- nothing like having your mother take care of you when you are sh!t scared and crying! :blush:

I hear ya.....moms are good for that....I miss mine!!

DCF - London

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Timeline

Can this continue on and now be the Monday whinge?

I hope so! I just need to gripe since I've been waiting for an AT&T customer service rep for over 7 minutes now! Some service! UGH! OK, rant over.

Can this continue on and now be the Monday whinge?

I hope so! I just need to gripe since I've been waiting for an AT&T customer service rep for over 7 minutes now! Some service! UGH! OK, rant over.

Yay! Monday whinge! Monday whinge! Let it all hang out, UK people... :P

Timeline
the dentist sent a bill for dental work my husband apparently needs - the bill is $8,000 for that not covered by insurance! I nearly passed out.

OMG. I just passed out on your behalf! That's terrible!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.