emmewalle

Case FE Review Notice - Approx timeline?

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Our petition was submitted May 31st 2021, and we were approved in September. We submitted our docs to NVC in September 2021, but accidentally forgot to upload the 2020 W2/1099, for which, we received the much-dreaded FE review notice. Anyways, we submitted those in Dec 2021 (a week after we received the FE notice).

How long does it normally take for them to review this? Do we get back into line (we originally waited 3mo at NVC)? is there a way to request an expedite? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by emmewalle
clarification

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Unless you have a valid reason for an expedite, NVC will not expedite the review of documents.

Usually, with an FE, you are put back to the end of the line 😞, which is sad since the re-review should be faster 

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

and be aware u will need 2021 tax returns as April 18th is soon approaching so get them done ASAP

any interview scheduled after the tax date will need 2021 

2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

and be aware u will need 2021 tax returns as April 18th is soon approaching so get them done ASAP

any interview scheduled after the tax date will need 2021 

thanks a lot! as of now, the nvc time frame looks like they'll likely process by end of March... i'll wait until April 1 to see what they say... guess i cant do much if it goes past this date.  if it does, and we need 2021 tax forms, another 3 months it is :(

Timeline
14 minutes ago, emmewalle said:

thanks a lot! as of now, the nvc time frame looks like they'll likely process by end of March... i'll wait until April 1 to see what they say... guess i cant do much if it goes past this date.  if it does, and we need 2021 tax forms, another 3 months it is :(

Processing may be done but then ur case does into the queue waiting for the interview to be scheduled and that timeline is totally unknown

1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

Processing may be done but then ur case does into the queue waiting for the interview to be scheduled and that timeline is totally unknown

ok, so if we are DQ'ed, and while waiting for the interview date, if the 2021 tax forms are required, can I not just bring that to the interview? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, emmewalle said:

ok, so if we are DQ'ed, and while waiting for the interview date, if the 2021 tax forms are required, can I not just bring that to the interview? 

you will most likely be reviewed and hopefully DQ'ed before tax deadline.

As JeanneAdil said, if the interview is scheduled AFTER 18-Apr-2022, the CO might ask for 2021 taxes

so, just in case

Timeline
10 minutes ago, emmewalle said:

u will need 1040 plus W'2 and any 1099 (if u get these) for the interview if scheduled after the 18 april

they can't expect IRS transcripts when IRS says returns will be processed slow this year

7 minutes ago, etrangais said:

you will most likely be reviewed and hopefully DQ'ed before tax deadline.

As JeanneAdil said, if the interview is scheduled AFTER 18-Apr-2022, the CO might ask for 2021 taxes

so, just in case

thanks a lot.  how accurate are these timelines? I'm having a bit of anxiety having to wait for so long. totally our fault for not uploading the right docs, i know :(

Timeline

it's about 3 months +/- 1 week from the date of submission

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.