ukhopeful

London EB-3 Backlog

37 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Data in From Jan 2022:

EB overall remains high but slightly down from Dec (188 in Dec to 177 in Jan)

E1: 28 in Dec to 23 in Jan

E2: 15 in Dec to 6 in Jan

E3: 146 in Dec to 148 in Jan

As an aside, I don't understand how it takes them 1.5 months to pull this data together 🤦‍♂️

image.thumb.png.497616613af5b449166fa9fe8a220d6e.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 11:53 AM, tpritc said:

Yesterday I got the email letting me know NVC had arranged my appointment! I'm EB-3, no expediting, DQ'd in September 2021. Appointment is for March 25, 2022. Seems like they've sped up quite a bit!

Anyone whose had their appointment.

How long did it take? Trying to figure out booking my train home.

Thanks 

14 minutes ago, Pooleyc881 said:

Anyone whose had their appointment.

How long did it take? Trying to figure out booking my train home.

Thanks 

My appointment was at 10:30am on a Friday.

I arrived at the embassy around 10:10am, was through security and reception and waiting for my number to be called around 10:30am, and I was done by just after 11am. There were a lot of people at the non-immigrant visa side of things, but when you go around the corner there's a small area specifically for immigrant visas. There were just 4 others while I was there, so everything moved rather smoothly. I had a fairly straightforward interview, basically just handing over a few documents, a couple of questions (about the company I'm joining, where I'll be living, a previous visa I had), then I was out. It was almost jarring how quick it was after I'd steeled myself for a bit of a grilling!

Hope that helps!

11 minutes ago, tpritc said:

My appointment was at 10:30am on a Friday.

I arrived at the embassy around 10:10am, was through security and reception and waiting for my number to be called around 10:30am, and I was done by just after 11am. There were a lot of people at the non-immigrant visa side of things, but when you go around the corner there's a small area specifically for immigrant visas. There were just 4 others while I was there, so everything moved rather smoothly. I had a fairly straightforward interview, basically just handing over a few documents, a couple of questions (about the company I'm joining, where I'll be living, a previous visa I had), then I was out. It was almost jarring how quick it was after I'd steeled myself for a bit of a grilling!

Hope that helps!

Wow that's no time at all! 

Thanks for the info 

• 1 month later...

What is the wait time for EB2 ? I'm considering transferring my case to the US consulate in London, but need a better idea what the wait time is like. Currently I'm awaiting an interview at the US consult in Montreal but the wait time is 26 months after being DQ'd. My expedite request was denied from Montreal as well. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/11/2022 at 5:32 PM, V1Rotate said:

Data in From Jan 2022:

EB overall remains high but slightly down from Dec (188 in Dec to 177 in Jan)

E1: 28 in Dec to 23 in Jan

E2: 15 in Dec to 6 in Jan

E3: 146 in Dec to 148 in Jan

As an aside, I don't understand how it takes them 1.5 months to pull this data together 🤦‍♂️

image.thumb.png.497616613af5b449166fa9fe8a220d6e.png

where did you find this data?

On 3/21/2022 at 8:38 PM, V1Rotate said:

Interview letter received today. 

EB-2

DQ 9th Feb 2022

Interview date 27th April

:)

Could you share this info in this thread as well? A lot of people, including myself, are waiting for someone who has his/her interview date to reply. Thank you so much!

Edited by Eren

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2022 at 11:37 AM, CaveMan2 said:

What is the wait time for EB2 ? I'm considering transferring my case to the US consulate in London, but need a better idea what the wait time is like. Currently I'm awaiting an interview at the US consult in Montreal but the wait time is 26 months after being DQ'd. My expedite request was denied from Montreal as well. 

Hi @CaveMan2 I'm not sure if you're still on this thread, but I'm wondering if you ever transferred your case from Montreal, and if so, how did it go? I'm currently considering the same thing (Montreal to UK embassy) but trying to do a bit of research first. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.