Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,971 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, PeterW said:

Hello everyone,

Is there any update about the your hardship waiver? 

I fear hardship waiver cases are at complete halt. I have seen even August 21 cases received at DOS with pending status. Depressing times. Please let others know if anyone saw a recent decision?

12 hours ago, Freidrichm said:

My case has been with USCIS for almost 6 months now and they haven't sent me anything, no RFE, and have not forwarded it to DOS either. It's getting depressing. 

6 month is not that long but you can try asking a congress person to send an inquiry on your behalf. Unlike DoS, USCIS is pretty responsive to request for update. 

Everything pending for me as well. 

USCIS received: April 7, 2021

USCIS sent to DOS: Sept 2, 2021.

DOS received: Feb 9, 2022.

Unfortunately I had to go back to my country and now my US citizen son had been hospitalized and needing so much medical services, going thru the real hardship right now. Hope we all get our response soon. Best wishes everyone. 

2 hours ago, Hardship LM said:

Unfortunately I had to go back to my country and now my US citizen son had been hospitalized and needing so much medical services, going thru the real hardship right now. Hope we all get our response soon. Best wishes everyone. 

Sorry to hear about your case. My son has a similar type of situation. Another misery is delays in uploading i-612/i-613 by DoS. Your actual receipt date is Sept 2, 2021 but DoS made it Feb 9, 2022 (a delay of 5 months). Hope misery ends soon. 

3 hours ago, Hardship LM said:

I am so sad to hear that. I have similar situation with you. My application was received by DOS at April 2022 and my J will expire next month. I also have to leave soon. My US citizen kid will lose medical care as well.

2 hours ago, AnasMD said:

I came across a hardship waiver case that was received by DOS (I-612) mid November and got approved last week. I hope this brings some hope to everyone (myself included!)

Yes. Thank you so much for your update. I think many people here are losing hope during the waiting. Your update really gave me hope.

7 hours ago, Hardship LM said:

So sorry to hear this. Did you ask for expedited processing and they rejected? Wish DoS knew what these delays are doing to our lives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.