Meekoz

Pending I751 approved during naturalization interview without a combo interview!

1 post in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all.....

🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊My forever pending I751 adjudicated during naturalization interview but without a combo interview! Read on my fresh experience :)

I got my interview notice for December 15 2021 (i filed 23rd october 2020 while my i751 is ready for interview since 4 March 2020 (filed August 2019)🙊

I read everywhere about this dual situation till i found the combo interview thing in the replies even if the notice doesn't state that! 

So i got ready for both interviews ,updated all i751 documents of evidence ,my husband was driving me anyway and he was ready to be called in for an interview.!

We arrived there on time , my husband waited outside the building glued to his mobile as per my request :)

After going through security line and checking in. The officer called my name  and asked me to follow her.

In the office, we started with oath & generic questions  and started with civics test (was quite easy) & the English part!(easier)!

Then she told me that my online account has zero documents of evidence  and she needs to adjudicate my i751!

I told her everutjong was sent by mailand also i have all the documents of evidence, new photos,joint house deed, tax returns till 2020....etc with me now and my husband is waiting outside and can be here in a minute for an interview!

She declined seeing anything or asking my hubby to join. She asked me to upload alllll documents of evidence i have on my online account before the closing of the business day and if not she will RFE :(

She handed me in the form stating i passed the civics and english but no decision yet !

I went home ,uploaded everything right away and waited ....and dozed off ( seems i wanted to escape the stress😀)

Few hours later my case status changed to : we recommend ur n400 for approval and now its ready for quality review but nothing changed for my i751status !

I started to panic and thought  it will never do cause no combo interview was conducted and hello for a new wait :(

But to my great surprise next morning my  i751status changed to approved! Yaaay!

Now waiting for my oath ceremony notice to be mailed within 30 days .....Hopefully😊

The takeaway : Your pending i751 can be adjudicated same day of naturalization interview without a combo interview but still  plzzzzz bring your spouse along and be ready with all documrnts of evidence . I highly bieve your readines encourages the IO to adjudicate ur case!🤩🤩

I am so indebted to visajourney forum since i started my CR1 journey in 2016 .

All experiences and replies help alot and give great tips and advices. So i posted my experience here to give a shoulder pat for anyone worried and searching for any tip or piece of info.

On a very different note , the new  phone automated CS agent  drove me crazy by not getting my request and keep terminating the call and i never got to talk to a real representative of USCIS !  👺

Good luck to everyone. Just get well prepared or even overprepared as with USCIS more is better than not enough. 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.