V-Kris

Got RFE in the interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So! I had my interview today. The officer was not friendly and it felt like an interrogation instead of interview. Long story short i got an RFE for medical check up and vaccines because it’s already expired. Eventhough i applied my aos within a year of my medical check up in my origin country. 
anyone ever got issue like this? 
i have to wait on the rfe letter and then got medical and vaccinated and send them the medical they want. And another waiting for the decision 

i am tired. of this 

2 hours ago, V-Kris said:

So! I had my interview today. The officer was not friendly and it felt like an interrogation instead of interview. Long story short i got an RFE for medical check up and vaccines because it’s already expired. Eventhough i applied my aos within a year of my medical check up in my origin country. 
i have to wait on the rfe letter and then got medical and vaccinated and send them the medical they want. And another waiting for the decision 

i am tired. of this 

It makes sense only if you were missing vaccines at the time of your medical.   Were you?   If so, they have no choice but to issue an RFE for vaccines that are mandatory for immigrants.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

It makes sense only if you were missing vaccines at the time of your medical.   Were you?   If so, they have no choice but to issue an RFE for vaccines that are mandatory for immigrants.

No. Everything is submitted in a sealed envelopes when i got here and the dhs or whoever those guys called took it in the airport during arrival. The interviewer  just said it’s expired. Their expiration is 2 years. Eventhough in their website said if it’s K1 visa the medical is valid forever as long as my aos was submitted within a year of the medical and vaccination itself. 
it is what it is but i am just wondering if anyone got the same issue 

Edited by V-Kris

10 minutes ago, V-Kris said:

No. Everything is submitted in a sealed envelopes when i got here and the dhs or whoever those guys called took it in the airport during arrival. The interviewer  just said it’s expired. Their expiration is 2 years. Eventhough in their website said if it’s K1 visa the medical is valid forever as long as my aos was submitted within a year of the medical and vaccination itself. 
it is what it is but i am just wondering if anyone got the same issue 

In that case, it sounds like an error, which we have seen here before.  

Some people have printed out the relevant DHS/USCIS verbiage that explains about the validity of the overseas medical exam when adjusting status from a K-1.   

Timeline
11 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

In that case, it sounds like an error, which we have seen here before.  

Some people have printed out the relevant DHS/USCIS verbiage that explains about the validity of the overseas medical exam when adjusting status from a K-1.   

Thank you! What officer say is what the final say. I guess i am just waiting for the rfe letter. 

23 hours ago, V-Kris said:

i am tired. of this 

I can understand your frustration. Just respond to the rfe in due time and give them what they requested. I had similar experience with an unfriendly officer during my N400 interview and was issued an rfe and I literally was crying while driving home after the interview but here I am now a proud citizen and with an American passport. Everything will be ok bro.

Timeline
On 12/15/2021 at 4:15 PM, Okboy said:

I can understand your frustration. Just respond to the rfe in due time and give them what they requested. I had similar experience with an unfriendly officer during my N400 interview and was issued an rfe and I literally was crying while driving home after the interview but here I am now a proud citizen and with an American passport. Everything will be ok bro.

Thank you. Right now i am waiting for the RFE letter that he said he will send it to me. hopefully it comes soon so i can take care of it. 
yeah it is not worth it to argue with the officer. It just feels tiring because it seems like a neverending loops. 😪 

congrats to you!!! 

22 minutes ago, V-Kris said:

Thank you. Right now i am waiting for the RFE letter that he said he will send it to me. hopefully it comes soon so i can take care of it. 
yeah it is not worth it to argue with the officer. It just feels tiring because it seems like a neverending loops. 😪 

congrats to you!!! 

You can look up the RFE letter in your USCIS account if you have one instead of waiting for the physical letter in the mail. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Okboy said:

You can look up the RFE letter in your USCIS account if you have one instead of waiting for the physical letter in the mail. 

I do have one but nothing is there. I think it’s because my case number is not started with IOE. But MSC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.