@bicksley

Refused Visa - Processing Times

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/31/2021 at 3:55 PM, @bicksley said:

Has anyone had an update these last two weeks? Are they even open right now? 

I had an update on December 30th.

Timeline
On 12/31/2021 at 3:55 PM, @bicksley said:

Has anyone had an update these last two weeks? Are they even open right now? 

Hi! I was issued today with Final Processing at the end of the day. I pick up my passport early next week. I contacted my State Rep on Tuesday (Jan 4) and received my issued notice today, Friday. I don't think it hurts to contact your state rep after a month if your CO gave you a different time frame. You could explain it in your letter to them. Best of luck everyone and hoping everyone clears for their visas soon!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

Hi! I was issued today with Final Processing at the end of the day. I pick up my passport early next week. I contacted my State Rep on Tuesday (Jan 4) and received my issued notice today, Friday. I don't think it hurts to contact your state rep after a month if your CO gave you a different time frame. You could explain it in your letter to them. Best of luck everyone and hoping everyone clears for their visas soon!

My husband contacted his state rep on the 4th and got an auto generated reply saying thank you for contacting my office.. and nothing since. Seems not all state reps are made the same ;).

Congrats!!

Interviewed on Nov 29 - Issued 221g for missing medical (long story). Case updated Dec 21 (medical receipt confirmation). Still waiting.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

Amazing! Congratulations! 

I'll be contacting ours first thing Monday morning. All the best! 

Timeline

Our case was updated to "issued" this morning! Was anyone given tracking information? I am reading that we get an email when it has arrived but nothing about a tracking number. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, @bicksley said:

Our case was updated to "issued" this morning! Was anyone given tracking information? I am reading that we get an email when it has arrived but nothing about a tracking number. 

Yes! Tracking number will usually come the day after issuance. If you're in Montreal you can pick up your passport the following day. You'll receive a notice from Canada Post. Congratulations!

Timeline
21 hours ago, @bicksley said:

21 hours ago, @bicksley said:

Amazing so happy for you! May I ask if you contacted your state rep?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Redie said:

Amazing so happy for you! May I ask if you contacted your state rep?

I did! I contacted a couple different people on Friday. Not sure if that was the reason or not, but it doesn't hurt to try if you haven't yet. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, @bicksley said:

I did! I contacted a couple different people on Friday. Not sure if that was the reason or not, but it doesn't hurt to try if you haven't yet. 

I did reach out to my state rep but their inquiry did not move things along for the issuance of my visa. I know a few people on this forum who had their state reps involvement get positive outcomes, that is why I asked if they had an influence on the issuance of your visa. Either way, I am happy  to hear your journey is finally over! Best of luck!

Timeline
On 1/13/2022 at 12:13 PM, CAN_PA said:

Yes! Tracking number will usually come the day after issuance. If you're in Montreal you can pick up your passport the following day. You'll receive a notice from Canada Post. Congratulations!

You got me all excited. Day two and still no tracking. I really shouldn't be surprised at this point 😂

Timeline
2 hours ago, @bicksley said:

You got me all excited. Day two and still no tracking. I really shouldn't be surprised at this point 😂

Ha! Sorry to hear. Odd that they haven't sent tracking. Apparently some people didn't get tracking and just went straight to "ready for pickup". Maybe you're that lucky person!

Timeline

The only information I have received is that I will be told once it is ready for pickup and never any information regarding tracking. Who knows! I'm hoping that's the case! 

All the best with your move! 

Timeline
On 12/31/2021 at 4:29 PM, CAN_PA said:

No further updates on my end (except for the Dec 15 case update). They were open Dec 29-30 and will resume again Jan 4. Most of us waiting have had their case updated just before the holidays so I suppose they're trying to sort out the backlogs. Hopefully good news in the next couple weeks. Keep us posted.

Hi 👋 

reading your posts here, have you received an update yet? Please tell me you have visa🤣😢  

My medical was Dec 30th and still no results from Public Health.Obviously I was handed a 221g.  I would love to be out of here by March….

I also noticed you haven’t fill out your timeline on your profile. That’s just for statistics and gives everyone an idea of what to expect.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

Hi 👋 

reading your posts here, have you received an update yet? Please tell me you have visa🤣😢  

My medical was Dec 30th and still no results from Public Health.Obviously I was handed a 221g.  I would love to be out of here by March….

I also noticed you haven’t fill out your timeline on your profile. That’s just for statistics and gives everyone an idea of what to expect.

Hi there! I did receive my visa. My medical was delayed but was received by the consulate a few days after my interview. It took them over 7 weeks to finally issue my visa (even though there had been "case updates" on one or two occasions) and that was only because I had contacted our State representative. I think if you're waiting over 4-6 weeks it wouldn't hurt to contact your State Rep/Senator etc. to inquire on your behalf. I waited quite a while before contacting State Reps to ensure I had a good argument, but some people have had successful results contacting them after 4 weeks.

Three days after contacting my State Rep, I was issued my Visa. She even called a few days later asking whether we made it through alright (across the border). She was spectacular! I would advise writing a formal letter. I know it's tough times as we're all coming from an exhausted and frustrated place waiting around to be with loved ones/or begin new lives but I would be cautious NOT to sound like a whino (haha). I had to edit/re-edit my letter several times before I was ready to submit my inquiry so as to compel them to help. Reading from other posts made me believe we only had one shot, otherwise you get shut down with generic responses and then stuck in the back of the line waiting for who knows how long. It truly sucks.

As for medical results, you can contact the medical office and ask how long it'll be when they send it over. They'll likely send an email of the Medical report to you at the same time as when they send it to the Consulate. Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.