chako-

Direct Filing to US embassy Spain

19 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jan22 said:

OP says she needs to file for ROC "next year" -- there is no indication she is within the 90-day filing timeline right now.  And the ship for expeditious naturalization will not have sailed even if she does enter that period -- she can still file for it, in addition to the ROC, just like anyone can file for naturalization while the ROC is pending.

Welp. I can't explain all of it because it would be long. My only question was if I can do all of it here in Spain. And since it was already answered, It's a No. Then I will have to send all of my paperworks in the states and have my ROC done first and just file my citizenship when we come back to states. 😅

I will explain briefly the situation so it will be fair.

As I stated on my post. We are in the military. We also tried out our very best on our situation to get everything done before we left California. 

I just got to the states last 2019 and when we file the green card covid hits and everything was close and backlog in the USCIS. 

They barely sent me my greencard last December!!

We have our military orders and we only have a month to do all of that stuff. (Aside of stuff we need to do in the military process before leaving. We call it PCS or Permanent Change of Station) Idk if anyone of you here is in the military or a milspouse. But we cannot just push the orders or say no on the orders just because I have to file my citizenship. And staying behind was not an option (We both doesn't have a family where we was) 

We know about the expedite for citizenship for military spouses. We did all the researched already for that. The only thing was, The time they expedited my green card we never had a chance to do it because like what I said we are leaving. We asked for 2 weeks extension from his command because my GC arrived super late also.

Now we are here in Spain, We thought MAYBE, maybe... We can do it here? That is why I have to asked if it's possible. Or someone have a similar situation and actually gone through this.

Do you think we want it like this way in a hard way? Lol Or We want it to be complicated?😄

Yes, I know about the expedite citizenship, We

already filed for it this year but I have to fly back in the US. We filed for it 6 months ago and we withdraw the application. Main Reason? I can't just fly just like that. 

We was hoping we could get it done where we at since flying back in the US is gonna be hard for me because we have a toddler and my husbands goes to work. Inshort no one will watch my kid for us.

I just thought of maybe doing it here in Spain would be easier if it's possible.

It's not a big deal if I can't have my citizenship right now, I can always file it when we come back to the mainland. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyways, Thank you for some who actually understand! 😄😊

I filed my ROC while on government orders in Germany.  I went on post to do a fingerprint card which I submitted with the paperwork instead of attending a biometrics appointment.    Paperwork still had to be submitted to the US.    My new green card was sent to my APO address in Germany,    As for an actual ROC interview I was not called for one and the application was approved with no RFE.

Good luck!

I'm from the UK, hubby is from Michigan and is a retired US Army LTC.   We are currently stationed overseas.

Here is our immigration journey so far....

10.26.13 - Our wedding in Scotland 

11.26.14 - Filed I-130 at US Consulate, Frankfurt (DCF)

11.18.14 - Returned to Scotland to renew our vows for our first wedding anniversary

01.08.15 - NOA2 received in snail mail, together with case number and Packet 3 instructions

02.15.15 - Submitted Packet 3

02.17.15 - Packet 4 received by email with instructions to schedule medical and interview

02.18.15 - Email authorisation received from Consulate to gain access to appointment calendar

03.03.15 - Medical

03.18.15 - Interview - Approved

03.21.15 - Visa in hand

06.10.15 - POE Chicago (final destination Detroit)

07.20.15 - Received SSN in mail

07.27.15 - Received 2 year green card in mail

The journey to ROC starts here...!

10.05.15 - Returned to Germany on government orders

05.25.17 - Mailed ROC package to California Service Centre

06.14.17 - Received NOA 1 (dated 05.30.17) in mail

09.05.18 - Received a second NOA (dated 08.11.18) in mail granting a further six months extension to green card due to 'processing delays'

11.26.18 - ROC - Approved

12.05.18 - Approval Notice I-797 received in mail

12.18.18 - 10 year green card received in mail

The journey to citizenship starts here...!

48 minutes ago, Soup Dragon said:

I filed my ROC while on government orders in Germany.  I went on post to do a fingerprint card which I submitted with the paperwork instead of attending a biometrics appointment.    Paperwork still had to be submitted to the US.    My new green card was sent to my APO address in Germany,    As for an actual ROC interview I was not called for one and the application was approved with no RFE.

Good luck!

This answer is what I actually needed too! Thanks a lot! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.