xxD

Interview Was Completed and Your Case Must Be Reviewed

27 posts in this topic

Dear folks,

On May 23th, they called me for N400 interview and I went with my wife. They called only me for N400 but even they asked if my wife is here they did not do I-751 interview, they said I have a lot of docs they don't have enought time on that day. Also they said maybe they would not call me for I751 and I don't have to be for an interview again. On July 28th, they call me for I-751 interview and it was pretty strong. Thet first called me and first of all ask me " I am a professional, if you say any lie I will catch you" :) Anyways, after the interview he said our 2 answers is not matching about our house and he said that I have a red flag about something my fast marriage. I mean, I met up with my wife and I married in 3 months. Then, after interview, he said " you guys so unique and keep your relationship like this. ( We have a lot of strong proof) . He said I will get a decision in a month. At the same day, my account updated " interview was completed and your case must be reviewed" It has been about 4 days more than 2 month but I haven't heard any different things. Only I called them yesterday to get infopass apoointment because my another infopass would be expired in a month.  Any comment or advice, I would appreciate.  Best Regards,

Case in Los Angeles / CA

Edited by babayega

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, babayega said:

I gave them a call 2 weeks ago to get a new appointment for I-551 because my old one will be expire, they said you will be informed about the case in 72 hours. They did not informed or emailed/mailed me.

Call them again and if they try to say the same thing point out that you weren't "informed about the case in 72 hours."

My advice is that you should apply for N-400. Don’t waste your time waiting for i-751. My i-751 was a disaster. Wait time was 3 years. They kept silent for 6 months after the 2nd stoke interview. Countless of calls and request without any clear answer. Luckily the N-400 interview was up and they have to adjust my I-751 after I pass the N-400. and yeah, I had 5 interviews in total. 1 i-131, 2 i-751, and 2 N-400 😒

Edited by Andytn3591

4 hours ago, Andytn3591 said:

My bad. 
to OP. They might call you for a second I-751/N-400 interview. Wait till 120 days, make a call and request to talk to tier 2 officer. Give them 2 more weeks. If they don’t give clear answer, just sue them. They will have to adjust your case.

I successfully completed N400 interview and just about 1 month later than, July 28th, they called me for I-751 interview. The guy called only me first, and as soon as we get in the room, he told me that he was an experienced officer and he catch up a lot of fraud:) asked me a lot question then called my wife. About 10 min later than, I got in the room as well. After the questions, he said I have a red flag on my application, why? Because I came to us and married with my wife pretty quick. ( we married on September 2016 :) more than 5 years ago :) after the interview he said we are very unique and keep relationships good. I will be noticed in 1 month. Now, it has been exactly 3 months after interview. My extension green card will be expire in a week. I called them about a month ago, they said they can’t give me an interview for I-551. Call us back exactly 1 month before the I-551 expire date. I called them exactly a month before to get a I-551 appointment and they said they would call me back. No one called me back. Also, on my web account it says the N400 estimate decision in 16 days for now. I am totally messed up

Edited by babayega

On 10/2/2021 at 12:12 AM, babayega said:

Dear folks,

On May 23th, they called me for N400 interview and I went with my wife. They called only me for N400 but even they asked if my wife is here they did not do I-751 interview, they said I have a lot of docs they don't have enought time on that day. Also they said maybe they would not call me for I751 and I don't have to be for an interview again. On July 28th, they call me for I-751 interview and it was pretty strong. Thet first called me and first of all ask me " I am a professional, if you say any lie I will catch you" :) Anyways, after the interview he said our 2 answers is not matching about our house and he said that I have a red flag about something my fast marriage. I mean, I met up with my wife and I married in 3 months. Then, after interview, he said " you guys so unique and keep your relationship like this. ( We have a lot of strong proof) . He said I will get a decision in a month. At the same day, my account updated " interview was completed and your case must be reviewed" It has been about 4 days more than 2 month but I haven't heard any different things. Only I called them yesterday to get infopass apoointment because my another infopass would be expired in a month.  Any comment or advice, I would appreciate.  Best Regards,

Case in Los Angeles / CA

I haf my i751 interview 7 mobths a go

No questioned asked in the interview it was easy fast 15mins 

Case pending since may 2019

Inquring only resulted in my file is under extended review

I have filed for n400 in august  

I am dure they got some red flags as they did not adjust my i751

On 10/25/2021 at 1:54 PM, Lixcrypto said:

I haf my i751 interview 7 mobths a go

No questioned asked in the interview it was easy fast 15mins 

Case pending since may 2019

Inquring only resulted in my file is under extended review

I have filed for n400 in august  

I am dure they got some red flags as they did not adjust my i751

My I-751 is also pending since July 2019. I filed my N400 on September 2020 and they called me for N400 interview on April 2021. I went with my wife but they only interviewed me even they ask if my wife was here. I easily passed N400 and they told me maybe they would not call me back again for I-751 and they would only call me for oath ceremony. ONLY 2 month from N400 interview they called me for I-751. I have a million important joint docs, travel abroad... I am 3 months far from the interview and my web account says " Estimated time* until case decision:approx. 12 days. " this is for N400. I gave them a call to get infopass because my first infopass will be expire in 2 days. CRAZY. Not turning me back for infopass as well. 

Edited by babayega

• 3 weeks later...

I really need an help. Here is my clear history,

June 19, 2019 I-751 received

September 27,2020 applied for N400,

October 14, 2020 I-751 transferred to another office and has jurisdiction over case,

April 1, 2021 ---- N400 interview. I went with my wife and even they ask if my wife was here, they only interviewed me for N400 and I easily passed.

July 28, 2021 I-751 interview.  ( we asked a lot of question, the guy said 2 answer did not match. After the interview, they said they would update me in a month. See I am 76 days over. My web site notes :  for i-751 part ;  Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed. for N400 part: Things are taking longer than expected. You don't have to do anything at this time. 

I called them about a month ago to get infopass appointment because my first stamp expired 11 days ago. They did not call me back and I received an email,  they said they are not able to help if the case non emergency,

I need to work , I need to proof something to my school to continue for next semester, until the end of February. 

Any recommendation or idea would be appreciated

33 minutes ago, babayega said:

I really need an help. Here is my clear history,

June 19, 2019 I-751 received

September 27,2020 applied for N400,

October 14, 2020 I-751 transferred to another office and has jurisdiction over case,

April 1, 2021 ---- N400 interview. I went with my wife and even they ask if my wife was here, they only interviewed me for N400 and I easily passed.

July 28, 2021 I-751 interview.  ( we asked a lot of question, the guy said 2 answer did not match. After the interview, they said they would update me in a month. See I am 76 days over. My web site notes :  for i-751 part ;  Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed. for N400 part: Things are taking longer than expected. You don't have to do anything at this time. 

I called them about a month ago to get infopass appointment because my first stamp expired 11 days ago. They did not call me back and I received an email,  they said they are not able to help if the case non emergency,

I need to work , I need to proof something to my school to continue for next semester, until the end of February. 

Any recommendation or idea would be appreciated

You might have to hire a lawyer and sue for a decision... 

Why do they think it is strange you married your wife so quickly? Did you not know your wife before you visited the US? 

And which two questions did you get incorrect? Was it a small mistake or big? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you are still working for the same employer, they don't have to check for your status again.

You only have to show it to new employers if you switch jobs.

Also, try driving to the field office and tell them it's emergency. They may get a stamp for you on the spot.

Edited by aznhouston

14 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

You might have to hire a lawyer and sue for a decision... 

Why do they think it is strange you married your wife so quickly? Did you not know your wife before you visited the US? 

And which two questions did you get incorrect? Was it a small mistake or big? 

I did not know her before visiting the USA.  The interviewer told me that hard to believe to get quick marriage. I told him hard to believe me too. She proposed me and I accepted, main reason is trust. We done 5.5 years together already. The question that was not matched: Do you have Tv in your house? I said no because even we have a TV, we have never watched. My sister gave it to me and I put it on storeroom. That's why I said no. But my wife said yes. Another question was If my wife has a car. I said yes because when we married she has car but she has never been driven. She has a DUI. She said no. But, we clearly explained why we said yes or no. My wife also admitted that she concerned about DUI to say yes. We asked about 10 question and a lot of details. Those 2 questions are nothing.

Edited by babayega

10 minutes ago, aznhouston said:

If you are still working for the same employer, they don't have to check for your status again.

You only have to show it to new employers if you switch jobs.

Also, try driving to the field office and tell them it's emergency. They may get a stamp for you on the spot.

I passed the N400 interview and I have been on I-751. Can getting the stamp make any further delay for I-751?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.