Campanita

Assembly of 1-129F Application Documents?

5 posts in this topic

I finally received everything I need to send off my application. I have read the tips for assembling the application but still have questions. Can I use a manila folder that has 6 sections with tabs with an ACCO faster on each tab, or or am I suppose to just have the papers all together fastened by ONE Acco fastner at the end? In which case can I just seperate the items by plain sheets of paper to divde with no tabs? Also, for the evidence section do I explain what each piece of evidence is, or is that not obvoius (ie, hotel receipt, car rental recepit, passport stamps)?

Sorry for such mundane questions.....just want to make sure I do this right. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The USCIS site talks about these, maybe you should read in there, ´cus they give different options for you to choose from.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I used a coversheet and regular white paper as dividers with each divider sheet containing a description of the section to follow. I did not use any tabs.

I wrote brief descriptions of the evidence items as needed.

I clipped the entire packet together with a single large acco fastener clip and put the whole packet into a manila envelope.

I put that envelope into the actual USPS cardboard shipping envelope.

I finally received everything I need to send off my application. I have read the tips for assembling the application but still have questions. Can I use a manila folder that has 6 sections with tabs with an ACCO faster on each tab, or or am I suppose to just have the papers all together fastened by ONE Acco fastner at the end? In which case can I just seperate the items by plain sheets of paper to divde with no tabs? Also, for the evidence section do I explain what each piece of evidence is, or is that not obvoius (ie, hotel receipt, car rental recepit, passport stamps)?

Sorry for such mundane questions.....just want to make sure I do this right. Thanks!

K1 Timeline:

12-22-05 I-129F mailed to CSC

12-27-05 USCIS receives I-129f

01-03-06 NOA1 by mail

03-14-06 NOA2 Case Approved

03-21-06 NVC sent case to BKK

03-27-06 BKK Embassy email "no record of my case"

03-27-06 NVC approval letter rcvd

03-30-06 BKK Embassy confirms case by email

03-31-06 Fiancee Medical passed

04-07-06 Packet 3 rcvd

04-20-06 Packet 4 rcvd

05-26-06 Interview 730am VISA APPROVED!!!

05-30-06 Pick up Visa 3pm

06-16-06 Arrived in USA POE LAX

07-05-06 Applied for SS Card

08-18-06 Married

AOS Timeline:

10-13-06 Mailed AOS packet

10-16-06 AOS rcvd CHI lockbox

10-25-06 AOS Touched

11-04-06 Biometrics Appt

01-09-07 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

01-10-07 email Welcome letter sent

01-09-07 email AP approved

01-12-07 email EAD approved

01-16-07 Welcome letter rcvd in the mail

01-18-07 EAD card rcvd in the mail

01-23-07 AP approval rcvd in mail

02-05-07 GreenCard in mail

03-07-07 Vacation in Thailand

03-15-07 Traditional Thai wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
I used a coversheet and regular white paper as dividers with each divider sheet containing a description of the section to follow. I did not use any tabs.

I wrote brief descriptions of the evidence items as needed.

I clipped the entire packet together with a single large acco fastener clip and put the whole packet into a manila envelope.

I put that envelope into the actual USPS cardboard shipping envelope.

I set our packet up much the same way. If you wanted to use tabs, I got the sticky plastic ones and I think it made it very easy to organize, and for someone else to read, but make sure you put these on the bottom of the documents rather then the sides if you use them. I would think they are less worried about which kind of fastners and organization you use and more concerned that it is in fact organized. I think that as long as it is neat and easy to follow you will be ok!

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

I bound the entire packet with an ACCO fastener and I highly recommend you do the same as it is what they ask for on the USCIS website. If you have a bunch of seperate sections it seems like it would be easy for them to get seperated from one another so it's best to have it all bound up together.

As far as seperating sections I made a little divider page for each titling what was behind it (ie Payment, G325, Evidence of meeting, etc) and on the bottom of that sheet I put a little tab also saying what the next section was. Don't get too worked up over all of this, not putting tabs or seperator sheets won't cost you an approval ;)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.