zappyrun

What documents to upload in USCIS account?

4 posts in this topic

Hi there - I have my interview the next week. What all documents should I upload in the USCIS my account in the unsolicited evidence area?

Thanks in advance for your reply. 

Edited by zappyrun

If nothing has changed in your life, then don't upload anything. There's a post here of an applicant who uploaded his latest tax returns there and it increased his estimated wait time dramatically. 

If your interview is next week, just bring any new documents with you to the interview. 

You have the opportunity to update things at the interview (marriage /divorce, birth or a child, place of work, address, travel out of USA, etc) during my interview, the officer asked me if any of these things had changed since I applied.

If something major happened since you applied, like a conviction or something like that, you may want to check with a lawyer. 

Edited by happytree

• 6 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 5:27 AM, happytree said:

If nothing has changed in your life, then don't upload anything. There's a post here of an applicant who uploaded his latest tax returns there and it increased his estimated wait time dramatically. 

If your interview is next week, just bring any new documents with you to the interview. 

You have the opportunity to update things at the interview (marriage /divorce, birth or a child, place of work, address, travel out of USA, etc) during my interview, the officer asked me if any of these things had changed since I applied.

If something major happened since you applied, like a conviction or something like that, you may want to check with a lawyer. 

So when we add things, this automatically increases the time? I just realized I uploaded my "declaration" of marriage and not my "certificate". I had to order a new certificate from the Civil Director. This should arrive shortly. When I do receive it, should I upload in "unsollicited" documents?

On 4/9/2022 at 6:04 PM, Carrie123 said:

So when we add things, this automatically increases the time? I just realized I uploaded my "declaration" of marriage and not my "certificate". I had to order a new certificate from the Civil Director. This should arrive shortly. When I do receive it, should I upload in "unsollicited" documents?

I don't know much about that.  I am not sure what are the differences between a marriage declaration and a marriage certificate document. For instance, my marriage certificate says "marriage license" at the top. When we got married we took the license we go from the county office to the ceremony. Our 2 witnesses, the officiator, and wife/I both signed it. The county office then  stamped it. That's the document I give anyone who asks for my wedding certificate.

If your application is already moving along, I would probably just bring the certificate with you during the interview with couple of copies. If you just  filed, then I would upload it.

However, I don't really know. This is just a guess. You can also try googling and asking around if anyone has had success using "marriage declaration" instead of the license.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.