blahblahblahblah

Applying to petition my father

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a US citizen and plan to petition my father. Though, I have questions about my situation.

1. I acquired my US citizenship through my mom. She did the oath taking before I turned 18 which made me a US citizen automatically. I only have my US passport as a proof. I don't have a certificate of Naturalization. Will the NVC, USCIS or interviewer ask for the certificate? Or my passport will be enough? I know there is also an affidavit I can acquire explaining how i got my citizenship but cost like $1k something, it would not be worth it since it would make sense to just do the actual process  and only pay $500.

2. My parents are divorced in the philippines. My mom remarried. Do I still need to submit their marriage certificate or divorce paper and/or my mom's marriage cert with her new spouse?

3. On the I-130 form, it asks for my parents' given, middle and family name. Do I put my mom's maiden name or her current remarried last name?

4. Also, if I the question does not apply to me, can I put N/A or leave it blank?

I appreciate any help and information.

Thanks!

CR-2

12/05/13 - Petition Approved (Received I-797 NOA)

02/26/14 - Received Letter From NVC with the NVC Case Number

02/27/14 - Filled Up DS-261 Form

02/28/14 - Paid AOS Fee

03/01/14 - AOS Fee Status "In Process"

03/05/14 - AOS Fee Status "Paid"

03/09/14 - AOS Packet sent

03/20/14 - Email Notice For IV Fee From NVC Received

03/20/14 - Paid IV Fee

03/20/14 - IV Fee Status "In Process"

03/20/14 - Bar-coded Document Cover Sheet Received On Email

03/25/14 - IV Fee Status "Paid"

03/25/14 - DS-260 Available

03/25/14 - Filled Up DS-260 Form

03/26/14 - Sign and Submit DS-260

03/28/14 - Checklist Letter Received

03/29/14 - Sent Packet 3/Civil Supporting Documents

04/02/14 - NVC Received Packet 3/Civil Supporting Documents From DHL

04/22/14 - Received False Checklist Letter

04/22/14 - Called NVC, CASE COMPLETE

04/29/14 - Received Email From NVC For Case Complete

05/01/14 - Called NVC For Update. Got Interview Date And Time

05/02/14 - Received Packet 4 Email From NVC

05/06/14 - Day 1 of Medical Examination

05/07/14 - Day 2 of Medical Examination (PASSED!)

05/07/14 - Ceac Website Status "In Transit"

05/08/14 - Ceac Website Status "Ready"

06/11/14 - INTERVIEW :) (Status: 221(g))

06/11/14 - Ceac Website Status "Administrative Processing"

06/13/14 - Sent Embassy The Missing Documents

06/24/14 - Ceac Website Status "Ready"

06/25/14 - Ceac Website "Issued"

06/28/14 - 2go Delivered Passport With Visa and Visa Packet

07/03/14 - CFO Seminar

07/07/14 - Flight

8 minutes ago, blahblahblahblah said:

Or my passport will be enough?

Yes, the US passport is enough.

8 minutes ago, blahblahblahblah said:

Do I still need to submit their marriage certificate

Yes, it's still needed: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-130instr.pdf

A father: Submit a copy of your birth certificate showing the names of both parents. Also submit a copy of your parents’ marriage certificate establishing that your father was married to your mother. If either your mother or father were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that each of the prior marriages was legally terminated. If you are filing for a stepparent or adoptive parent, or if you are filing for your father and you were born out of wedlock, see Items D., H., and I. in these Instructions for additional information on proving your family relationship.

10 minutes ago, blahblahblahblah said:

Do I put my mom's maiden name or her current remarried last name?

Her current remarried last name.

11 minutes ago, blahblahblahblah said:

can I put N/A or leave it blank?

Yes, put N/A.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.