Melbourne101

Oath ceremony cancelled, what should I do?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, my wife’s Oath ceremony was ceremony cancelled the same day she did the interview. It’s been over three weeks. Her auntie, who gave the interview two days later than her. Already gave her oath ceremony. She called uscis and they said maybe due to covid, that they have limited seats. So they will put her on next batch. 

However, her sister who gave interview last week, got her oath ceremony scheduled for mid September. 

What can she do now, I haven’t seen my wife for very long now and after she updates from green card holder to citizenship, the marriage petition will process faster. 

thank you for your time, any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Melbourne101 said:

Hi, my wife’s Oath ceremony was ceremony cancelled the same day she did the interview. It’s been over three weeks. Her auntie, who gave the interview two days later than her. Already gave her oath ceremony. She called uscis and they said maybe due to covid, that they have limited seats. So they will put her on next batch. 

However, her sister who gave interview last week, got her oath ceremony scheduled for mid September. 

What can she do now, I haven’t seen my wife for very long now and after she updates from green card holder to citizenship, the marriage petition will process faster. 

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that your wife had her N-400 interview, and was scheduled to have the Oath that same day in the office, but they cancelled it while she was waiting?

Did she receive a document after the interview with a box ticked at the bottom to say approved? What does her online case status say?

5 minutes ago, bing10 said:

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that your wife had her N-400 interview, and was scheduled to have the Oath that same day in the office, but they cancelled it while she was waiting?

Did she receive a document after the interview with a box ticked at the bottom to say approved? What does her online case status say?

Yea correct.  Everything ticked. It stated on case status it’s been scheduled. And then later at the same date it stated oath ceremony has been canceled and it’s been like that for 3 weeks now.

Edited by Melbourne101

2 minutes ago, Melbourne101 said:

Yea correct.  Everything ticked. It stated on case status it’s been scheduled. And then later at the same date it stated oath ceremony has been canceled and it’s been like that for 3 weeks now.

Did they say why it was cancelled at the office?

I would send them on email on the online system to give them a nudge. That worked in my situation.

I had a cancelled Oath ceremony as they scheduled it for the field office in my old state, after it was cancelled, it just sat there for a month, and I emailed which got it moving again. I think it's easy for cases to get put aside and forgotten about at USCIS.

27 minutes ago, bing10 said:

Did they say why it was cancelled at the office?

I would send them on email on the online system to give them a nudge. That worked in my situation.

I had a cancelled Oath ceremony as they scheduled it for the field office in my old state, after it was cancelled, it just sat there for a month, and I emailed which got it moving again. I think it's easy for cases to get put aside and forgotten about at USCIS.

No they did not say why it was cancelled.

By emailing online system. Can you please explain what’s their email address or how do I find it.

is it by logging in the uscis account. Or is the my wife uscis service center.

thank you again for taking the time to help. 

Edited by Melbourne101

38 minutes ago, bing10 said:

No problem at all. So you can send them emails from the online system here: https://myaccount.uscis.gov/

It should look like this:

image.png.b9f4312154c335fa09b04bf353e1016c.png

Thank you so much. I’ll tell her to do that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.